PDA

View Full Version : HoJo Best Rate Guarantee?

Wanda Woman
07-16-2003, 02:59 PM
Based on the recommendations from many Padders, I booked a reservation at HoJo for the second week of December. HoJo has a Best Rate Guarantee that if you find a better published rate than one that's available on the HoJo website, they will honor the lower rate and give you an additional 10% of the difference.

My AAA HoJo rate was $64. I found an Expedia rate for $59 and submitted the HoJo form to get the lower rate. A HoJo customer rep e-mailed me stating the Guarantee only applied to rates available to the general public.

I e-mailed back that the Expedia rate was available to the general public; the HoJo rate was a AAA rate. The HoJo customer service rep reiterates the general public rate policy.

I write back asking if I rebook at the HoJo rack rate, would the Guarantee apply? If I did that, the 10% difference that HoJo will owe me will be greater. I ask if this is what HoJo corporate would want.

HoJo customer service rep replies that he would be happy to honor the Guarantee if I rebook at the HoJo rack rate.

Has the world gone mad???

Wanda Woman
:confused:

Hojoanaheim
07-16-2003, 04:00 PM
I'm very sorry for the rate confusion and the problems with the corporate customer service rep. I'd like to help you out. Please email me at j.w@hojoanaheim.com with your Hojo confirmation number and arrival date? It also may be that the Expedia rate is for a single or one King bed room. Anyway, I'll make sure you're taken care of, and that you receive our lowest available rate.

Christiii
07-16-2003, 05:30 PM
And thats one more reason that I love the Hojo! What oter hotel would answer you back personally on a chat board?? :-)

Darkbeer
07-16-2003, 07:09 PM
Currently at the HoJo's, great place, wonderful staff...

:D

And I am looking At Tomorrowland as I type, mainly Autopia and the Monorail.......

See whomever Thursday!

Either 10:30 AM at The Enchanted Tiki Room, or noon at the Hub...

I will be wearing a LOUD Spiderman shirt:p

disneynut
07-16-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
Currently at the HoJo's, great place, wonderful staff...

:D

And I am looking At Tomorrowland as I type, mainly Autopia and the Monorail.......

And I am so insanely jealous as you are looking at Tomorrowland!! Have a great time!

We've only stayed at two hotels in the DL area. They were the WestCoast Anaheim and HoJos. By far, we prefer the HoJo. The room was nicer and the rates were better.

parveen50
07-16-2003, 10:04 PM
Hello -

We're planning on going to DL in last week of August - We've stayed at Westcoast Anaheim before - and we're deciding between the Coast Anaheim and HOJO -

Since you've stayed before - can you be a little more specific about why you like the Hojo better??

What I didn't like about the Coast Anaheim was - dirty carpets in room, small rooms (especially bathroom - only 1 sink) and the service was o.k. Also - we had to wait for the shuttle....

We did really like the outdoor pool area - and the lush gardens. Is Hojo similar to this??

Thanks!!!

HBTiggerFan
07-16-2003, 10:40 PM
parveen, Here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15886&highlight=HOJO) is a link about whats so great about the HOJO. :)

Wanda Woman
07-17-2003, 08:17 AM
Attention all Padders!

I want you to know that JW from the Anaheim HoJo's has taken care of my reservation to my complete satisfaction. As has been pointed out, Dland's local HoJo's really cares about us Padders and JW monitors this board as proof.

Although I've yet to stay at HoJo's (my trip isn't until December), based on the fantastic local customer service I have received, I highly recommend the Anaheim HoJo's.

Thanks again, JW!

Wanda Woman
:)

disneynut
07-17-2003, 09:14 AM
Hi parveen50~The reasons why I liked HoJo's better were the rooms seem cleaner and larger, the atmosphere seems much more intimate and I was able to navigate around the grounds much easier. Also, HoJo's seemed much quieter. We could hear our neighbors very clearly when we stayed at the WestCoast. Although both are not superclose to the park the HoJo's walking distance is much more doable especially when you're lugging small children around with you. HoJo's does have the shuttle service but we've always footed it. At WestCoast we drove to the park instead of going through the hassle of the shuttle or taking the long hike. I can't compare the pools because we stayed at WestCoast over Thanksgiving and it was pouring the whole time we were there. From reading the other threads about HoJo's, it sounds like they are in the process of renovating their pools and should be finished by the time of your visit. I'd contact them just to be sure. I did enjoy the room service option at WestCoast but can live without it since we spend the majority of our time at the park. The HoJo's rates were much better than the WestCoast but again we stayed at WestCoast over a holiday and our rates may have been bumped up because of that. Anyways, those are my main reasons for prefering HoJo's to WestCoast, but whatever you decide have a great time!