PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin

DisneylandBoy
08-23-2001, 07:01 PM
I visited Disneyland yesterday (8/22/01) my first time since Roger Rabbit opened. I ran straight for the ride when the park opened, and was relieved when there was only a five minute wait. I actually walked through the queue. My friend and I boarded a cab and were off! I was very excited, seeing as I had not been on the ride since August of 98. The ride was amazing! It was very cool how the car spins and the effects were unbelievable. Afterwards, I kept saying how that is true Disney quality. It makes Superstar Limo look like a Knott's Berry Farm ride. The Imagineers scored with Roger Rabbit, and I hope they make more rides like it in the future!

FantasmicFan82
08-23-2001, 07:49 PM
Although they've Idiot-Proofed it, it's still the same ride, one that i'm going to put back onto my 10-most-wanted list. those atttractions i must try to do when i spend a day at DL.:)

Bill Catherall
08-23-2001, 09:48 PM
Rumor has it that the ride concept was created when some imagineers wondered what it would be like to put a tea cup in Alice in Wonderland. It worked and Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin was born!

Well, that's the rumor anyway. :D

Cadaverous Pallor
08-24-2001, 10:01 AM
RR is the highest form of "fantasyland darkride" in the park. It's zany, detailed, and full of fun tricks. I like the fact that you can choose to spin at any speed.

The improvements made recently aren't intrusive at all - doors on the cabs and announcements to keep your hands in the car seem a natural part of the ride. Funny story - when my boyfriend and I went on it the first time after the remodel, my boyfriend could've sworn the announcement said something like "keep your arms and legs in the car at all times, OR ELSE, this is gonna be a wild ride!" The "or else" made it sound like a death threat! After riding it again, however, we realized that he said "trust me", not "or else". :)

WizKidRyan
08-24-2001, 02:52 PM
I couldnt even begin to say what my favorite part of the ride is. It's either the portable hole (beautifully done, yet simple trick) or the "falling" scene. And I love the condition the ride is in. At least they used the time it was shutdown to bring it up to snuff.

DisneylandBoy
08-24-2001, 03:56 PM
Okay - so how is the portable hole trick done? I really want to know . . . it is soooooooooo cool! Also, the falling part is very cool.

FantasmicFan82
08-24-2001, 06:41 PM
the 'hole' you go through has a mirror as a side, the side you're looking at is the wall on your left. it just looks like it keeps going.

DisneylandBoy
08-24-2001, 09:09 PM
oh cool . . . thanx