PDA

View Full Version : CM question: status change?

Morrigoon
07-16-2003, 09:21 AM
Okay, oddly enough I've never been a CT.

I remember in the 90's, CTs could only get in the park during the summer season. I have heard a rumor that this is no longer the case. Since I'm contemplating dropping status for fall, this is kind of important to me - is it true that CTs can now sign themselves into the park year-round? How about their discount, does it apply year round?

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to "out" yourself on the board. Thanks!

Polar33
07-16-2003, 01:19 PM
Although the question could probabaly be answered best by a CT, I do remember hearing something a while ago about CTs having year-round sign in privlidges.

However, something else you could try that many people in Vending have had success with is drop your availibility to the minimum requirement and put in ADOs for the rest of the days. That way, you get to get all the benifits of being CR, you keep gaining seniority and pay increases, and yet you only work when you want to.

IndyBones
07-16-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Okay, oddly enough I've never been a CT.

I remember in the 90's, CTs could only get in the park during the summer season. I have heard a rumor that this is no longer the case. Since I'm contemplating dropping status for fall, this is kind of important to me - is it true that CTs can now sign themselves into the park year-round? How about their discount, does it apply year round?

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to "out" yourself on the board. Thanks!

Too bad that indy rehab was delayed huh? ;)

TP2000
07-16-2003, 10:46 PM
Not that I don't enjoy reading the minutiae of Cast Member life here, but isn't there someone at work you can ask? Don't your managers or supervisors have this information, or know where to get it? Isn't there a department that would be in charge of something like this?

It just seems weird that CM's are resorting to message board postings to get answers (that have no guarantee of accuracy) to questions regarding employment benefits and workplace rules. If the employees at my company were resorting to public message boards to publicly ask benefits questions, I know our executive team would be furious with the managers who are supposed to provide these types of services and information to the employees.

Isn't there a help line in TDA you can call or something?

Morrigoon
07-17-2003, 12:36 AM
Remember the other threads about how lackluster training is these days? Do you expect any other area of the company to be any better? My leads and coworkers are also CRs and have been so long that they have no clue what the rules are for CTs anymore. I used to know the rules in 99, but I've heard they changed since then. Yes, I have to resort to message boards to find out.

myprincesskaylee
07-17-2003, 09:05 AM
Since I'm sure there are other CT's on this disscussion board that might have an answer to moorigoon's question, I think He/She has every right to ask this kind of question here. I would do the same.

Michelle

bluepearl
07-17-2003, 11:54 AM
I've had some friends that are CTs, and one of my closest friends dropped status last October. Anyhow, he is able to sign himself in year-round and does get his discount at the resort when he does (or even when he's at WoD just to buy things). However, I don't know if he still gets a discount at the Disney Store. In Florida, though, he cannot sign himself in unless he is actively working. He said he asked someone about it (he's planning on going to Florida towards the end of summer) and was told that if he was not working that season, he could not sign himself in.

Kevin Yee
07-17-2003, 12:45 PM
Ticket Taker Lead office = x5629

In the spirit of TP2000's question, you could have looked that up in your location's phone book :)

tabacco
07-17-2003, 02:36 PM
Okay, as a former CT I can say this:

The answer is YES! You can sign in, use your discount, etc. year-round (even at the Disney Stores).

And by the way, asking the leads *might* not do any good. When I started, I had to ask maybe 6-7 people in my own department (Main Entrance), getting conflicting answers each time, before someone finally went and looked it up for the definitive answer.

Believe it or not, most CRs seem to have only the vaguest clue that CTs even exist. Dozens of people used to ask me "why is your ID red?" I'd tell them "It's because I'm a CT." and they'd come back with "What's that?"

A word of warning if you're planning to drop status, though:

CTs get almost 0 benefits. Basically, the ability to sign yourself in is all you'll get. No main gate pass (your 2003 one will become invalid when you drop), no 1.5-time on holidays, no seniority (any you do have will be lost, which means when you come back you'll get bottom of the barrel for shifts), and you'll probably end up making less money per hour than you were before. Most CTs max at $7/hour. You can also kiss cross-training for anything goodbye, because almost no departments like to cross-train CTs, since there're no guarantees they'll even be back. In other words, make really sure you know what dropping status to CT will do :)

Morrigoon
07-17-2003, 11:43 PM
Well, I won't be happy about the drop in pay, but I can't stay CR in Fall. I'm going to have 20 units AND be in the Trojan Marching Band. There just won't be time for a job until spring (by which time I'll probably desperately want the $!, little though it is) Hopefully there will be a chance to convert back before spring break season. Glad to hear about the sign-ins... that would make staying employed worth it (that, and the occasional chance to work)