PDA

View Full Version : Honey, I Shrunk The Audience['s attention span]

MonorailMan
07-16-2003, 12:09 AM
Strange, every time that I see HISTA (sounds like some allergy medicine), more and more people, are leaving the theater, before the show is over. Apparently, HISTA isn't holding up to it's '98 glory days. Also, a lot of the effects are lack of working. Also, the little "mice" only work in about 50% of the seats. :rolleyes:

Title is for entertainment purposes only, and doesn't necessarily reflect any views on any persons affiliated with the show.

dshimel
07-16-2003, 12:24 AM
Took a lady last 4th of July. After the movie, she asked why everyone was yelling in the mouse scene. She didn't feel the air puffs up her legs.

Germboy
07-16-2003, 01:42 AM
I wonder if it will last decade after decade like the Tiki Room has...:)

TheatreTech
07-16-2003, 07:42 AM
Ya! To me the only "good" thing about it is how the theatre moves. It's so cool!
(I'm such a :geek: )
(Hangs head in shame)

MonorailMan
07-16-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by TheatreTech
Ya! To me the only "good" thing about it is how the theatre moves. It's so cool!
(Hangs head in shame)

Now that I think about it, HISTA is the only Disney 3D show (at least on the west coast) that uses the movable seat platform. ;)

Disneyphile
07-16-2003, 12:59 PM
I thought that's the point of this attraction - to shrink the audience..... and in this case, shrink 'em in numbers.;) And with people leaving during the show, it only adds to the special effect of people seeing it happen before their very eyes! Amazing!

crc9998
07-16-2003, 02:58 PM
LOL Disneyphile!

I guess it use to be the popular thing, before the whole concept caught on with other parks. Especially now that these other parks are taking the concept even further than DL did. Quality wise, entertainment wise, it just don't match up to It's Tough to be a Bug, at least in my opinion.

disneydude
07-16-2003, 10:44 PM
(Hangs head in shame)

I totally agree with you. I guess your not the only :geek: here.

Laffite
07-17-2003, 03:40 AM
(Hangs head in shame)

You can do that at Universal.