PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland hours---are they serious???

Thomas
08-23-2001, 06:42 PM
I was planning on taking my 3 year old to Disneyland and DCA on 08/29. We like to stay late to closing. The website indicates that beginning 08/27, Disneyland is only open from 10am-8pm with no Fantasmic. DCA, believe it or not, is open longer from 9am-9pm.

AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE? DL closing early 1) before Labor Day, and 2) before DCA????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

DisneylandBoy
08-23-2001, 08:36 PM
I checked the Disneyland webiste, and it's true, on August 27, 28, 29 and 30 - the hours are 10:00 am - 8:00 pm. On August 31 they go back to 9 am - 11 pm. Weird. Anyone know anything about this?:confused:

dizneyangel
08-23-2001, 09:04 PM
According to Guest Relations, they are beginning their "Winter Hours" that week. I know because my sister called and did a formal complaint cuz that's when we are going also. She was pretty miffed. I suppose that the longer hours starting on the 31st is because of Labor Day Weekend. Kind of sucks......

Darkbeer
08-23-2001, 09:42 PM
First off, the last week in August is when many colleges are starting their fall semesters, and the parks do have a bit of a drop off, but is creats problems with the availability of the seasonal employees.

Second, DCA advertised the Electrical Parade thru Labor Day, and can't start the parade before dark.

As they say, you can always enjoy Downtown Disney until 2 AM.... (But don't be surprised to see some stores closing at 10 PM during the week.)

Maybe they need the extra time to add security to the Country Bear Jamboree before it goes away on Sept. 9th????

Thomas
08-24-2001, 10:02 AM
Well DTD's hours are just as much a joke.

Sunday night I went to the park and I left at 11pm thinking I would get a couple things inside the World of Disney store. To my surprise, it was closed and CM's were not letting anyone in.

I asked the CM at the door what dictates the hours for the store and he said something like the amount of business. Well I guess about 300 people inside the store and hundreds of people exiting DL was not enough traffic to keep the store open.

Oh well, Disney lost out on some more money that I would have spent.

Cadaverous Pallor
08-24-2001, 02:32 PM
The weirdness continues -

A friend of ours is planning to go to DCA on Tues Sept 4th. The website says that they close at 8pm, and that the Electrical Parade starts at 8pm. Which is it???

I guess changing the hours all the time has really messed things up over there.

Alex S.
08-24-2001, 03:14 PM
Both. I believe Al mentioned it in the last update.

The park is closed, the shops and restaurants are closed, and when the parade is over it would be kindly appreciated if you went home.

Cadaverous Pallor
08-24-2001, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Alex Stroup
Both. I believe Al mentioned it in the last update.

The park is closed, the shops and restaurants are closed, and when the parade is over it would be kindly appreciated if you went home.
Wow. After that I think I'd need a stiff drink....anyone know of an expensive bar within a few steps of DCA's gates where I can drown my sorrows? ;)

Ralph Wiggum
08-24-2001, 04:51 PM
Well..if I am understanding right...for those 4 nights it closes early..then the next week its open later. Maybe they are having private parties those nights. Just a thoguht!

ripplededge
09-02-2001, 11:35 PM
Something else to add to your sorrows, I believe that the fireworks are only friday through sunday now. (@ 21:25)