PDA

View Full Version : What movie are you missing an attraction of?

Pages : [1] 2 3

cdcooper
05-22-2012, 03:15 PM
My friend and I were thinking about how Disneyland could repurpose or put in new attractions into their park(s, DCA), in response to the Avengers debate.

What are some of your fun thoughts on new attractions?

I said a Lion King ride replacing The Jungle Cruise (my friend claims that's blasphemy.)

101 Dalmatians? Wall-E in Tomorrowland?

Perhaps I'll make the trip out to Disneyland Paris when I go to Europe next to see their new Ratatouille ride.

Drince88
05-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Does it count if I'm missing the movie that goes along with Splash?

3Princesses1Prince
05-22-2012, 03:45 PM
I said a Lion King ride replacing The Jungle Cruise (my friend claims that's blasphemy.)

Your friend is correct.

candles71
05-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Your friend is correct.

Yes , yes he is. That is grounds for lynching.

Drince I would love to have that movie.

shna
05-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Your friend is correct.

This.

disneyland addict13
05-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Does it count if I'm missing the movie that goes along with Splash?

Isn't Splash based on the animated portions of Song of the South?

dban3
05-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Isn't Splash based on the animated portions of Song of the South?

Yes.... but Disney, beginning with Bob Iger, will not release the movie in its entirety in the United States due issues with perceived racial stereotyping that are contained in the film. It would be controversial. Song of the South is available in other countries however.

ALB2277
05-22-2012, 06:57 PM
Your friend is correct.

same here

DL Mama
05-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Yep. I got a foreign copy from a friend. I was really anxious to see it again, but honestly, it was a little boring. (The animated sequences are still pretty cool, tho) I once asked a Disney Store employee about it's avaiability and he acted smuggly horrified that I wanted to see it...oh well...[/I]
Yes.... but Disney, beginning with Bob Iger, will not release the movie in its entirety in the United States due issues with perceived racial stereotyping that are contained in the film. It would be controversial. Song of the South is available in other countries however.

monkeyboy
05-23-2012, 03:10 AM
I've always wondered why there was no " Mary Poppins" ride. The "Jolly Holiday" cafe is nice but a ride would be great, an I'm envisioning it being done like the "Peter Pan" ride, a car running on an overhead track, so that you can be blown away like the bad nannies, float down to the house like Mary Poppins, jounce along with the carousel horses, go up a chimney for a dance and fireworks display, then join a cluster of kites sailing in the breeze....
Id also like to see a ride for "The Great Mouse Detective" and "The Rescuers".

monkeyboy
05-23-2012, 03:11 AM
I've always wondered why there was no " Mary Poppins" ride. The "Jolly Holiday" cafe is nice but a ride would be great, an I'm envisioning it being done like the "Peter Pan" ride, a car running on an overhead track, so that you can be blown away like the bad nannies, float down to the house like Mary Poppins, jounce along with the carousel horses, go up a chimney for a dance and fireworks display, then join a cluster of kites sailing in the breeze....
Id also like to see a ride for "The Great Mouse Detective" and "The Rescuers".

monkeyboy
05-23-2012, 03:12 AM
Sorry for the double post, not sure what happened...

nowen1
05-23-2012, 06:31 AM
I would love to see an Incredibles E-ticket in DCA and maybe a TRON ride in DL.

Shortpix77
05-23-2012, 07:22 AM
Emperor's New Groove ride -- "Wrong lever!" and down you go... My favorite movie, and the parks seem to overlook it altogether. I can only hope Kuzco will one day roam the park again.

Kuzcofan
05-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Emperor's New Groove ride -- "Wrong lever!" and down you go... My favorite movie, and the parks seem to overlook it altogether. I can only hope Kuzco will one day roam the park again.

I agree!! :D

What is with all the comments about the Jungle Cruise not being a movie ride? Isn't the movie in the works with Tim Allen and Tom Hanks? So that kind of makes it a movie ride, right? Just like POC. ;)

SigalTchelet
05-23-2012, 02:34 PM

Your friend is correct.

Exactly! JC is a classic! As much as I love Lion King, the theme would just not fit on that ride!

JunJunM3
05-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Would love to see a Wall-E attraction perhaps in Tomorrowland. I also second a Great Mouse Detective attraction or at the very least, some presence at the Disney Parks. It's lost amongst all the Pixar fare and the more popular Walt Disney titles (ie..Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, etc), but it is one of my faves growing up.

olegc
05-23-2012, 04:03 PM
i still don't understand why both Mulan and Pocahontas get short-sighted in the parks for attractions. Mulan can be a dragon coaster with Mu-Shu telling you about how horrific each turn is coming up (sliding down the snow mountain or through the country side ). That would take up a lot of real estate, though. Can you imagine if it was built on what is now the old Motor Boats lagoon in Fantasyland by Small World? sweet. I bet if they ever did expand Frontierland they could do something with Poca. - but - with Lone Ranger on the horizon you know how they'll want to incorporate that Johnny Depp animatronic somewhere.

As far as older films - what about Sword in the Stone (oh, yeah, they had something :eyeroll:). To me, one I always wanted to see come to fruition was the Island at the Top of the World attraction from the Discoveryland concept. I loved that movie as a kid with it's strange lands, Jules Vernian technology, and large scale. It's kind of a crossover with frontierland (closer to turn of century) so it would be hard to put it somewhere. (i know some of it is at DisneySea).

letshavefun
05-23-2012, 04:25 PM
I always wondered if they could put some jungle book characters thoughout the jungle cruise. It was my daughters favorite we had to buy it twice because she wore the first one out watching it so much. (that was when movies were VHS)

Shortpix77
05-24-2012, 07:35 AM
I always wondered if they could put some jungle book characters thoughout the jungle cruise. It was my daughters favorite we had to buy it twice because she wore the first one out watching it so much. (that was when movies were VHS)

I totally had that happen with Cinderella... we still have all those old VHS tapes, even though there's nothing to play them on.

They managed to incorporate characters into Small World with it still being contiguous with the rest of the ride, that's a good idea for Jungle Cruise!

I also wish they'd build the Snow White Mine Train they're building at WDW -- that thing looks like a lot of fun!

Oh, and something could be added to the People Mover / Rocket Rods (*cough*, huge failure, *cough*) track... because as of right now, it serves pretty much no purpose and is affectionately dubbed the "Eyesore of Tomorrow" hehe...

MadasaHatter
05-24-2012, 07:35 AM
I love this thread!!!!! I kinda would like all films represented myself.

OK Olegc....love your idea about a dragon coaster and an area over there for MULAN! YOu got the Matterhorn right there and that would add an E-TICKET and if the coaster did a lot of twist and turning and went into some tunnels with that WAY COOL water color animation from the film......how splendid would that be!!!!

I still think POCAHONTAS should have a teepee sort of meet and greet off to the side of the PRINCESS FANTASY FAIRE near FRONTIERLAND entrance......that would be fantastic.

I think ALADDIN with flying carpets could somehow fit a dark ride where the OASIS is ( do you know how short and small PETER PAN truly is???) or a LION KING dark ride where you fly on ZAZU so it is like PETER PAN concept.

WALL-E dark ride could replace BUZZ LIGHT YEAR or even a shooting gallery chase scene like the end of the movie and you ride on those chairs???

I think the PEOPLE MOVER should be the INCREDIBLE BUBBLES and there could be that technology they have in the HAUNTED MANSION with EDNA putting you in SUPER HERO COSTUMES.....how cool would that be?

EMPORERS NEW GROOVE is the funniest DIsney Movie ever. I would love to see CUZCO walking around the park being all sassy. I love Dave Spade. I wish they could do a CUZCO and DORY movie.....how funny would THAT be??

HERCULES was one of my all time favorites because I love GERALD SCARFE the artist. Maybe a coaster with that?

WHat about a BAMBI dark ride in CRITTER COUNTRY that is both inside AND outside since it is so Critterriffic? Get rid of that shop over behind SPLASH and put that in there. I know.....merchandising merchandising merchandising.....you could still re-figure it in between POOH and that and put a treat cart somewhere else.....

BRAVE! would have an awesome ride for sure!!!!

I could go on for days but I have to get some work done.....

abkb76
05-24-2012, 08:21 AM
I would love to see an attraction based on one of my favorite Disney movies, "Swiss Family Robinson." Oh, wait...they did have an attraction which was taken over by "Tarzan." ; )
Thankfully, it has been untouched at WDW!
: )

olegc
05-24-2012, 08:39 AM
i would love to see an attraction based on one of my favorite disney movies, "swiss family robinson." oh, wait...they did have an attraction which was taken over by "tarzan." ; )
thankfully, it has been untouched at wdw!
: )
like!

Chessur
05-24-2012, 09:40 AM
I would love to see a WALL-E ride in Tomorrowland. I like the Astro Blasters, personally, but I would like to see something go into the Captain EO space (I know, sacrilege!), and I'm one of the people who questions the continued existence of Autopia and Innoventions, so I see a lot of potential for new attractions in that area...

Shortpix77
05-24-2012, 10:01 AM
... I would like to see something go into the Captain EO space (I know, sacrilege!)

Not sacrilege at all; I completely agree that Captain EO needs to go... the tribute was nice, but I hope it doesn't last too much longer. If I never have to see that one again, I'll be perfectly okay with that (MA writers, I'm talking to you!!) There are so many great things that could be done with that space!! Even if they just do a new 3D movie, there are a lot of possibilities :-)