PDA

View Full Version : Surprise trip for in-laws

tracilicious
07-15-2003, 06:38 PM
my hubbie and i, along with his siblings, are all pitching in to pay for his parents to go to dlr and stay at the grand californian for two nights (me and hubbie are going too!). we have so cal annual passes. my father-in-law has never been to dca and i think he will really like it. my mother-in-law is a HUGE disney freak and has always dreamed about staying at dgc (but will never take herself there). my questions are these:

on the disney website the annual passholder rates for the hotels are only listed until july 10th (way to update the site disney!), does anyone know if these will still be around in september (no way we can afford it without them!)?

any ideas on how to make the experience more magical for them without adding too much extra cost? it is an early anniversary present to them (also mine and my husbands anniversary trip) and i want it to be really great.

granville's, napa rose, or storyteller's cafe for a nice dinner (they are steak kind of people)?

thanks for any ideas.

~<:) tracilicious

miss bianca
07-15-2003, 06:59 PM
Thats such a wonderful gift! Definitely contact Vacation Planning (a free service to those staying at Disney Properties). They can help arrange for stuff to be left in their room. Mickey ears, wine, milk & cookies, etc. Since its their anniversary - Disney usually does a "special" turn down service - rose petals on the sheets (hidden mickey style of course) at no charge.

check out this website for ideas for in room gifts :
http://users.easystreet.com/goodgir...nning_Gifts.htm

Goodgirl (owner of the website above) is a wonderful person (she posts on laughingplace.com)

I've had the milk and cookies sent to my sister and brother in law - it was about $18.00 and they loved it!

Vacation Planning can also make any dining reservations and get your Fantasmic Balcony Seating Tickets.

Their # is (714) 956-6833 or
E-mail vacationplanning@disneyonline.com

Right now their are super busy with Summer - so give them a day or two to get back to you.

We've gotten an AP rate in September on $159 weekday $179 or $189 weekend for GCH.

cstephens
07-15-2003, 08:29 PM
How wonderful of all of you!

Originally posted by tracilicious
granville's, napa rose, or storyteller's cafe for a nice dinner (they are steak kind of people)?

I don't much care for Storyteller's Cafe, except for breakfast [Thursday!]. While I like Napa Rose, I'm not sure it would be suitable given your description. Here's a link to the current menu (http://www.colddeadfish.net/naparose/napamenu.html), so you can see for yourself whether it would work. I've never been to Granville's, but friends have, who liked it a lot, so if they are steak kind of people, that would probably be the best choice.

Hope y'all have a great time!

tracilicious
07-15-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by miss bianca
Thats such a wonderful gift! Definitely contact Vacation Planning (a free service to those staying at Disney Properties). They can help arrange for stuff to be left in their room. Mickey ears, wine, milk & cookies, etc. Since its their anniversary - Disney usually does a "special" turn down service - rose petals on the sheets (hidden mickey style of course) at no charge.

check out this website for ideas for in room gifts :
http://users.easystreet.com/goodgir...nning_Gifts.htm

Goodgirl (owner of the website above) is a wonderful person (she posts on laughingplace.com)

I've had the milk and cookies sent to my sister and brother in law - it was about $18.00 and they loved it!

Vacation Planning can also make any dining reservations and get your Fantasmic Balcony Seating Tickets.

Their # is (714) 956-6833 or
E-mail vacationplanning@disneyonline.com

Right now their are super busy with Summer - so give them a day or two to get back to you.

We've gotten an AP rate in September on $159 weekday $179 or $189 weekend for GCH.

thanks so much for the info! i knew about the vacation planners, but i didn't know that they were free. i couldn't make the link work. are you sure you posted it correctly? i would love to see the page.

~<:) tracilicious

miss bianca
07-16-2003, 08:37 AM
Sorry - I must have goofed when I copied it
try this

http://users.easystreet.com/goodgirl/Vacation_Planning_Gifts.htm

TDBearGrrl
07-16-2003, 10:12 AM
Tracilicious is that for this September? I called last week and was told they didn't have any AP nights for September.

miss bianca
07-16-2003, 10:41 AM
DisneyDyke - They usually don't release the APD rates until about a month before. They will most likely have them available for September.

tracilicious
07-16-2003, 02:30 PM
i certainly hope so! i called today and they didn't have any yet. i hope this doesn't ruin the trip

Wanda Woman
07-16-2003, 03:09 PM
Tracilicious (I love that name), what was the AP rate you were quoted for the GC? I was just wondering if it will even be in the ballpark of my fiscal reality.

Wanda Woman

tracilicious
07-16-2003, 04:31 PM
the number they gave me today was 289, but when they have the APD discount it is 159 weekdays, 189 weekends.