PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian view

prudence
07-15-2003, 11:38 AM
We've decided to splurge for the December trip we're planning and stay at the Grand Californian. We're stuck on which view to choose: Downtown Disney or DCA. For those of you who've tried either (or both!) views, which would you suggest?

DopeyWife
07-15-2003, 11:47 AM
My husband and I have only had the Grizzly Peak view of DCA, but we loved it. I would highly recommend the DCA view.

mousey_girl
07-15-2003, 11:53 AM
Keep in mind the noise level in DTD.

jerjer2005
07-15-2003, 01:00 PM
Id say DCA view! Wow i cant believe there are people actually encouraging people to look at DCA!

laldava
07-15-2003, 01:10 PM
I would recommend the DCA view as well. DTD can be pretty noisy. Its a pretty popular Orange County hangout. As a UCI student it is one of the few things to do in Orange County (ok that may be exaggerating...I mean there is always The Block...) Although DCA gets criticized a lot, Grizzly Peak is mighty cool to look at from your hotel room =P

snappy
07-15-2003, 01:37 PM
My wife and I had the DTD view and it was great. Not that we were in the room majority of the time, but seeing people at night when DCA was closed was cool. We like to people watch so it was great. Have a great time. Make sure you get the Grow a Tree (Giant Sequoia) in your room. It's really cool!!

TDBearGrrl
07-15-2003, 01:53 PM
I have stayed at DGC twice in the past year. The first time, for my birthday, we got to choose the view (paid full price) and got park view - it was very cool to look out my balcony and see the rides lit up all night. I also enjoyed having my coffee and seeing them test run the rides before park opening the next day and watching a couple have their wedding photos made in the wedding garden. In June, for the Harry Potter AP event at Compass Books is DTD we got a room and there was an AP rate in effect that night so we took advantage of it - we were not able to choose our view and got Courtyard/DTD view. It was AMAZING!!! Not only did we get to enjoy the natural beauty of the beautiful courtyard and people watch some of DTD - we also go to wave at the Monorail and see the fireworks from our balcony. (We were in either 511 or 513 I don't remember which) I am going to be back at the hotel for a special event in October and will be requesting a room in that same area again...

laldava
07-15-2003, 02:05 PM
OH YEAH! I forgot that with the DTD view you can see the Believe fireworks show - that is always a plus - you know what - either view is great and both are better than a street view where you see....uhh..the street :p

donatello3000
07-16-2003, 12:01 AM
Both times that I've stayed at GC, we've had the DTD view.
The first time, we had the monorail below us, and part of the courtyard. It was pretty nice. Couldn't see too much of Believe, but still saw some of it.
The second time was above the WOD entrance, and we had a view where we could see Naples. I noticed more noise in that room, because we didn't have that quiet courtyard in between. We saw more of the Believe fireworks, though.
But the DTD view isn't all that bad.
This September, I'm gonna get the theme park view from GC for the first time... You guys seem to like it, so I hope I do too. I liked our theme park view from PP, so I had to request it for GC, since it's closer.