PDA

View Full Version : New Olszewski Disneyland piece - December 13

cstephens
07-15-2003, 12:08 AM
There's a new brochure available at Disneyana (they're apparently being mailed out to homes as well, but I don't remember getting one) about the Arts & Collectibles at the resort. The next piece in the Disneyland collection done by Robert Olszewski will be the Central Plaza (The Hub). It includes the Partners Statue (Walt and Mickey), the surrounding bronze statuettes, the popcorn stand and firefly twinkle lights in the trees. Release date is December 13, 2003. Price is $95.

We'll be able to have a noon meet at our house. :)

MonorailMan
07-15-2003, 06:00 AM
Now, we just need little MPers. ;)

cemeinke
07-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
Now, we just need little MPers. ;)

I'm waiting for the Olszewski Al Lutz which can be found by the white rabbit statue...
:fez:

KarenW2
07-15-2003, 10:01 PM
Hi Cindy,
We just received the brochure you mentioned above today, one for my DH and one for myself. We're curious to see what the Hub piece will look like in person, as the pictures of the castle certainly did not do it justice!!

winniepooh
07-18-2003, 12:47 AM
Does anyone know if there is a picture online somewhere?

Personally I am very disapointed with how they handled the first piece. It was supposed to be an open edition that would be available all through 2003 but it sold out at the event and has been unavailable ever since:crying:

mystycalchyk
07-18-2003, 07:14 AM
Yeah, we're still waiting for our first piece. We got a notice in the mail back in May (which is when we were told we would get it when we ordered it last December) saying that it would still be a few more months (maybe August) before we might get it.

*sigh*

Not Afraid
07-18-2003, 09:06 AM
Don't be too upset over the delays. Mr. Olszewski has a serious medical problem that put him out of commission for a while. He is still taking things very sowly, but, he is also a very concerned artist and he will NOT let things go without being involved in the process and inspecting the pieces. We should be geateful for his care for quality.

mystycalchyk
07-18-2003, 10:00 AM
Oh not upset here. I am verypateintly waiting. Im just surprised that they are announincg a new release date for a new figure when the others arent even completed. Seems like an impossible task for him.

cstephens
07-18-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by winniepooh
Does anyone know if there is a picture online somewhere?

Someone on LaughingPlace posted this link (http://www.angelfire.com/la2/Disneyholic/CentralPlaza.jpg) which shows the entry in the catalog.

winniepooh
07-20-2003, 10:18 PM
I did not know that Not Afraid. That is sad..:crying:

And thanks for the link Cstephens, it looks great.:D

MonorailMan
07-21-2003, 12:36 AM
Just a heads up:

To anyone that hasn't seen the first Olszewski piece, Sleeping Beauty Castle, pictures do not do his work justice. They are very nice pieces! :)

southsaturn
07-21-2003, 07:49 AM
Is the first piece still available for purchase? It's one of those things I always meant to purchased but put off. But I still like to get one.

mystycalchyk
07-21-2003, 08:01 AM
Umm I don;t know if it is....It's on back-order for those who have done that. But I don't think it's still technically available to order. I may be wrong though...sure wouldnt be the first time ;)
Hubby and I fell in love with it though when we saw it last Christmas. Can't wait to see it in real life.

cstephens
07-21-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by southsaturn
Is the first piece still available for purchase? It's one of those things I always meant to purchased but put off. But I still like to get one.

The signs still say that it's available for sale, though I don't know what they're quoting as far as delivery date. You can order them at the park or through DelivEars.

mystycalchyk
08-21-2003, 05:23 PM
*bump*

Ok so since this is where I last discussed this:

:D I'm so excited i JUST got my first piece. :D

piccy from the top (http://www.mystrealm.com/user/mystycalchyk/castle%20top.JPG) and from the front (http://www.mystrealm.com/user/mystycalchyk/castle%20front%20lights.JPG) <--- shows the lights a little better

*proud momma*

now I need to order the Central Hub

:fez:

mystycalchyk
08-21-2003, 05:34 PM
Umm exceopt I dont know where to go to order the Central Hub. I ordered this one AT Disneyland, but I wont be going there till New Years. HELP?

cstephens
08-21-2003, 09:27 PM
Well, the Hub piece is not for sale yet, so there's nowhere for you to order it. After December 13, you'll be able to order it the same way you ordered the castle.