PDA

View Full Version : Issues Updating Annual Passport Number on Annual Passholder Site

Toocherie
05-16-2012, 12:45 PM
I have now spent over two and a half hours over two days attempting to update my profile on the Disneyland annual passholder site to update my new pass number (downgraded from Premiere to Premium). Have talked with two different CM's, emailed another department, got an email back to clear my cache and cookies (which I had already done but did again), have re-set my password twice---all to no avail. I now have a call into the Annual Passholder "hotline" to see what they can do.

This is plainly ridiculous. The last CM I spoke to said the problem was there were too many passes on the server, and that she had been on duty since 8 a.m. this morning and spent most of the day helping other people with the same issue. Criminal waste of resources.

It was just announced yesterday that Disney earned One Billion Dollars in the last quarter--could they perhaps afford a new server?

The even more crazy part is that the CM's can't update the pass number for you.

Frustrated does not even begin to describe me. Has anyone else had/have the same issue (and if so how did you resolve it?)

currence
05-16-2012, 01:25 PM
I will defer my rant about Disney's internet practices to a different thread. Are you having trouble logging into the site or simply updating the AP number? I'm assuming it is not trouble logging in, if you have been able to change the password. If that was the problem, I would suggest changing browsers but I don't think that will work (no harm in trying if you haven't already, but probably won't help).

It sounds like it is a problem on Disney's end. I don't know what, if anything, you can do to fix a problem that they created.

If you are trying to do this for the early morning entry, it does look like a person can register up to 8 guests, so someone else can probably register you if you were planning on going with them. Less than ideal, but perhaps a work-around for now?

danyoung
05-16-2012, 04:35 PM
Since you have a new AP number, is it possible to log in as a new user and just do a completely new profile?

Toocherie
05-17-2012, 07:37 AM
Dan--I thought of that and might end up doing it if all else fails. But wanted to avoid having to change the email address used as the username.

currence
05-17-2012, 10:13 AM
I have had their internet customer service reset my undername with the same email address. They denied that this was what they were doing, but I assure you it had the same effect. I then had to call other Disney sites customer service to relink my other Disney accounts which was kind of a pain but I think (for now) it is once again straightened out. Not my #1 recommendation, but it beat having to change my email address and if you are aware of it going in, it might go smoother for you.

Toocherie
05-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Well, the good news is that the "hotline" re-set my pass number and also re-set my password. The bad news is that I still get kicked out if i try to edit my profile. So I have sent another email to try to get this corrected.

In the meantime, I was able to enter the Annual Passholder sweepstakes so I have made some progress!

ETA: I've had two CMs tell me that they are getting nothing but similar issues calls all day long--so hopefully this is on someone's radar.