PDA

View Full Version : Updated list of confirmed Cars Land preview opportunities

AVP
05-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Cars Land is now a month away, and there are several opportunities for people to preview the DCA expansion before it opens to the public. This thread is designed to collect and list all of the various opportunities in one place, and will be updated as new opportunities are announced. If you have any to add, please post a reply to this thread and I'll update the first post with the most current information.

How to get into a Cars Land preview:

1) Win a ticket to the Cars Land Sneak Peek Private Party on June 14 (California and Arizona residents only)

Residents of California and Arizona can win a Disneyland vacation, tickets to a Cars Land preview, or Disneyland annual passes in the Coca-Cola Kroger Family Fun Instant Win contest. You have two ways to enter: Either purchase $10 worth of Coca-Cola products from a participating Ralph's (California) or Fry's (Arizona) grocery store using that store's rewards card and follow the instructions on the receipt, or enter online:

California residents – can win Disneyland Resort Deluxe Annual Passes, 1-day Disneyland Resort park hopper tickets, $50 Ralph's gift cards or tickets to the Cars Land Sneak Peek Private Party on June 14, 2012 (DCA is scheduled to be closed this day, so the private party will likely happen at the same time as Cars Land media preview) by applying at the Coca-Cola Family Fun/Ralphs website (http://www.cocacolafamilyfun.com/ralphs).
Arizona residents – can win a Disneyland Resort vacation, a $50 Fry's gift card, or “Cars Land themed gift" by applying at the Coca-Cola Family Fun/Frys website (http://www.cocacolafamilyfun.com/frys).

The contest runs through May 22, 2012 and you can enter once per day. Lots of MousePlanet readers have won - check out this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?181745-Who-from-CA-or-AZ-wants-to-go-to-a-Cars-Land-VIP-party-or-win-other-cool-prizes) for more information and FAQ about the contest.

2) Win a ticket to the Cars Land Annual Passholder preview party on June 11 (Annual Passholders only)

Disneyland Resort annual passholders can enter to win a chance to preview Cars Land on June 11. To enter, visit the contest page (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/entry/2012-june-california-adventure-preview-for-passholders/) and select which block(s) of time you could possibly attend (the more you choose, the better your chances), and how many people in your party (you can bring up to 5 annual passholders as guests). Winners will be notified on or around June 4, 2012.

3) Buy a ticket to the Annual Passholder preview days on June 9 or June 10 (Annual Passholders only)

If you don't want to leave your chance to fate, or if you simply couldn't attend the Monday preview anyway, you can purchase tickets to one of six previews held the weekend before Cars Land's big grand opening. The events are Saturday and Sunday, June 9 and 10, from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. or 6:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.. Tickets are $50 - $500, depending on which package you choose; the most expensive package includes dinner at the new Carthay Circle Restaurant and reserved viewing for World of Color.

Tickets are on sale now via the Annual Passholder website (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/news/disneyland-just-got-happier/) [Note, the old link moved behind a password wall and is no longer valid] and you can purchase up to 8 tickets per passholder, though every member of your party must have a valid AP as of the event day to attend. We have confirmed that you can purchase tickets to multiple sessions, so if you really want to see Cars Land in the daytime AND after dark, you can purchase tickets for two events. The Disneyland Resort is donating a total of $500,000 to Children's Hospital Orange County and the Anaheim Community Foundation in conjunction with this event.

4) Buy a ticket to the D23 preview days on June 9 or June 10 (D23 members only)

D23 members who may not also be Disneyland Annual Passholders can also purchase tickets to the Cars Land event described above. D23 members can purchase a ticket for themselves and up to one guest to attend the preview; theme park admission is required but not included.

Tickets go on sale Friday, May 18, 10 a.m. PST via the D23 website (http://d23.disney.go.com/events/2012/03/13/d23-preview-event-opportunities-include-experiences-in-cars-land-buena-vista-street-and-carthay-circle-theatre/). Given how many problems D23 has had with ticket sales to past events, I would strongly recommend that Annual Passholders who can purchase tickets today via the AP website do so, rather than relying on the D23 ticket system to work properly on Friday.

5) Buy a ticket to the Club 33 preview day on June 9 (Club 33 members and their guests only)

We're waiting for specific details, but a member has confirmed that the Club 33 preview day is June 9. It sounds like their event includes access to Cars Land during all three sessions, and members have the option of also booking the Carthay Circle dinner package described in the AP / D23 event.

6) Snag a ticket to the WDPR Cast Member preview days on June 6-8 (Disneyland Resort Cast members only)

A cast member reader just sent us details of the CM previews:
On June 15, Cars Land will open at Disney California Adventure Park and it will be a special summer to remember for all of our Guests. But, on June 6, 7 and 8, it will be time for Cast Members to experience Cars Land with their family and friends during Cast Previews. Beginning Wednesday, May 30, stop by a TEAM Center with your valid company ID to pick up tickets for you and your guests, up to the number of your eligible dependency listing, while supplies last. Please note that the Off-site TEAM Center is closed on Tuesdays.

During the Cast Previews, all of the Cars Land locations will be open (subject to availability) including: Radiator Springs Racers, Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree, Luigi’s Flying Tires, and the new stores and food and beverage locations. You and your guests may enjoy both theme parks throughout the day and select from three time frames to experience Cars Land, based on space available at time of ticketing:

8:30 a.m. to noon

1:30 to 5 p.m.

6:30 to 10 p.m.

7) Snag a ticket to the Disney employee preview days on June 3 (Company employees in Burbank/Glendale/Pasadena/No. Hollywood only)

A cast member reader just sent us details of the previews open to Southern California Disney employees who don't work at the Disneyland Resort:

On Sunday, June 3, Company employees working in the Burbank/Glendale/Pasadena/No. Hollywood area, may have the opportunity to visit Cars Land with their families as part of a special Employee Preview.
Tickets to this Employee Preview are very limited, to be determined by a random opportunity drawing. If you wish to opt into this drawing please click on the link below (only one entry per employee)

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
May 22, by 5 p.m., will be the last day to sign up for the chance to be selected to go to the preview. The random drawing will take place on May 22 and winners will be notified on May 24 by email and their tickets and event details will be inter-office mailed to their work location.

These tickets, along with your valid blue company ID, will allow you and your dependents (single employees are allowed one guest) access to both theme parks for the entire day, however, your entry time into Cars Land will be specified on your tickets and must be adhered to.

All Employee Previews and attraction/location availability are subject to change without notice

8) ???

If you know of other confirmed previews (contests, charity groups, whatever), please let us know and we'll post it here. Possible soft openings will be dealt with in a separate thread if/as those rumors start to firm up.

tea4two
05-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Disney Parks Blog put a meet-up for a Cars Land preview on the website this afternoon. 33 people (plus 1 guest each) will win a spot.

olegc
05-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Disney Parks Blog put a meet-up for a Cars Land preview on the website this afternoon. 33 people (plus 1 guest each) will win a spot.

got one

tea4two
05-16-2012, 04:10 PM
got one

Congratulations! I haven't received an email yet, so I assume the answer is no. Sigh...

tamagaal
05-16-2012, 04:24 PM
got one

If you don't mind my asking, what time did you send your RSVP email?

Shortpix77
05-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Argh! I sent in the RSVP email as fast as I could without reading the whole blog entry, and I won, but then realized that's when I'll be in Hawaii... heh. Oh well!

I sent my email at 3:05 for anyone that's curious...

olegc
05-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Argh! I sent in the RSVP email as fast as I could without reading the whole blog entry, and I won, but then realized that's when I'll be in Hawaii... heh. Oh well!

I sent my email at 3:05 for anyone that's curious...

that's what it states on my email copy -3:05pm - and then I forgot to include my email in the body of the message, so I resent one at 3:06pm. I don't know which one they accepted..

houseofmouse
05-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Nice to see they are donating a good amount of money to charity. :)

Congrats Olegc!!

Blacksheep Uncle
05-16-2012, 07:27 PM
I sent mine at 3:15 and haven't heard a thing...

tea4two
05-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Mine was sent at 3:06 PM (and the post didn't even come up until 3:03!). So it looks like 3:05 was the cut-off.

mrsxsparrow
05-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Mine was sent at 3:06 PM (and the post didn't even come up until 3:03!). So it looks like 3:05 was the cut-off.

I got in as well, and sent my email at 3:05pm. You're probably right.

I'm pretty excited though! Just wish we could take pictures and/or ride something.

tea4two
05-19-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm excited! We got a cancellation spot for the meet-up! olegc and mrsxsparrow, we'll see you there! :)

PlayGirlBunny
05-19-2012, 07:32 AM
Didn't win through the Blog I did it a few minutes after it was posted on FB :(

olegc
05-19-2012, 09:28 AM
I'm excited! We got a cancellation spot for the meet-up! olegc and mrsxsparrow, we'll see you there! :)

excellent. get your memory cap on - no pix or video and folks will want to know ;-)

disneylandgirl
05-20-2012, 06:56 PM
well this isn't technically a preview but watching America's funniest home videos right now and they are at flo's in dca doing the show there.

bumblebeeonarose
05-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I was wondering who all those people were watching the program. They also showed a lot of people during the daytime walking around, buying food, on the rides, etc. Do you guys think those were CM?

tea4two
05-21-2012, 02:47 PM
For olegc and mrsxsparrow, the RSVP email has 2 links for the waiver forms. Are both forms the same? I didn't read them closely, but they look identical. Did you print both forms or just one?

olegc
05-21-2012, 02:56 PM
For olegc and mrsxsparrow, the RSVP email has 2 links for the waiver forms. Are both forms the same? I didn't read them closely, but they look identical. Did you print both forms or just one?

as far as I could tell yes they were the same URL.

tea4two
05-21-2012, 03:05 PM
So one copy should be fine?

olegc
05-21-2012, 03:28 PM
So one copy should be fine?

yes - one copy per person attending...

tea4two
05-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Thanks!