PDA

View Full Version : DL and DCA in three days?

disNeytEen
07-14-2003, 11:29 AM
we get that military thing so we are going to stay at DL for three days. One day at DL maybe a half day at DCA and follow up at Downtown. Then the last day at whatever we want. (probably DL again). Is three days enough to experince it all. We can't change our plan so any tips. Help!!!!!!!! needed

HBTiggerFan
07-14-2003, 11:39 AM
Depending on when you go it's enough time. Use FastPasses when at all possible. DCA can be done in a half a day if you want to stop and look at all the detail and DTD isn't that big, it can be done in a few hours. If you were you do DCA and DTD you could follow up that evening with DL.

Allison
07-14-2003, 01:44 PM
You can do it!
If you have been there before, map out a simple plan, follow it, and use fastpass.
If you have a plan, you won't waste time wandering around, with everyone arguing about what to do next. This also depletes your energy.

Get a map of the park, (you can find one on internet, or guidebooks from a bookstore) get a pad and pen, and gather your group of people to plan together.(this is fun in itself).

A good tip is to start with the most popular attraction, first thing in the morning, for example, ours is Indiana Jones. When they open the park, We head straight for it, we can ride it three times right away no problem, some people go right for Splash Mountain, or Matterhorn, etc. wherever you start, do the attractions in that land before you leave to another, you save lots of extra walking that way.

Some might say this takes away the adventure of the visit, but having a game plan has always ensured us seeing and doing what we want, and saved us energy that you will need by day 3!
We even plan when and where we eat. We have it down to a science after so many years, and it works every time! We also make it a point to be in the park first.

mcampisi
07-14-2003, 02:25 PM
Unless you are big shopper (or want to eat about 7 times a day) DTD doesn't have all that much to entertain you with. You may catch some of the outdoor performers at night which is cool. So you might have more time then you think. You may be like me and actually LIKE DCA, so you may spend more time there than you think.

millionairegirl
07-14-2003, 02:56 PM
Definitely use single rider lines for Splash (unless your group wants a photo) and Indy. You will wait less than 5 minutes regardless of how crowded the park is. Half the time my sister and I end up in the same jeep or log. This way you could start your day with the other e-ticket rides. At DCA, Soarin' has single rider, as does Grizzly River Run (although this ride is more fun to ride with friends), Maliboomer (you probably won't need it), and Mulholland Madness.

I agree with making a list of must do's and also a list of 'skips'. If I was only going to be at DLR for three days, there are certain things that I would definitely skip (Tiki room, innoventions, autopia, storybookland). Although, depending on the time of year, it's possible to do it all in three days, but it's nice to have priorities.

GeminiAngel
07-14-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by disNeytEen
we get that military thing so we are going to stay at DL for three days. One day at DL maybe a half day at DCA and follow up at Downtown. Then the last day at whatever we want. (probably DL again). Is three days enough to experince it all. We can't change our plan so any tips. Help!!!!!!!! needed

I have faith in you, You can do it!!! I did 3 days with 5 adults, one teenager, and a 17 mon. old. We had a ball!!!

We spent half days at each park:
Day 1 - DCA, then DL
Day 2 - DL then DCA
Day 3 - DL for a bit, DCA middle of day, then back to DL about 4pm

Have Fun!!

disNeytEen
07-14-2003, 08:05 PM
Single riders sounds good but with 10. also we are going to want to see pirates at the El Captino (sp?) does anyone know times and if it'll be playing by at elast wed next week

disNeytEen
07-15-2003, 06:09 PM
Does anyone know the rides that are and are not wheelchair accesible

MammaSilva
07-15-2003, 06:35 PM
umm I am not sure what you're asking....if you mean can someone who can transfer out of their chair to ride .. all of them are ...you have to use the SAP entrance but as long as you can transfer, you can ride anything in the park.. if you mean which ones can you ride IN your wheelchair...I can only thing of three 'rides' ...The Mark Twain, the carousel and Small World...all the shows are wheelchair accessible. Over at DCA I'm not sure of any that you can stay in your wheelchair and 'ride'....the shows once again, are all accessible.

disNeytEen
07-15-2003, 07:24 PM
sorry about the confussion, but you answered my question thanks mamma

PurpleDove33
07-15-2003, 09:10 PM
They also have a car for the Winnie the Pooh ride that a wheelchair goes right on the car. Which is cool getting to stay in the wheelchair, but that car doesn't do the rocking back and forth.

Leap for Joy
07-17-2003, 02:56 PM
We just got back from our trip. The longest wait time is for Splash Mountain, including the wait time for FastPass. At 3:00 on Saturday we picked up FastPasses for 9:15 that evening. Yesterday we picked up FastPasses at 9:30 am and the return time was 1:30.

Try to do Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, and Matterhorn as early as possible in DL. In DCA, ride Soarin, GRR, and Screamin as soon as possible.

If you're there on a weekend day, use that day for DCA as it will be far less crowded than DL.

Definitely use the tip for getting a seat at the second showing of Fantasmic! (Ride the train to New Orleans square during the first show and get into position to rush into a good seating area as soon as the fireworks end). You don't have to keep your whole group together, send 2 or 3 agile runners ahead and then coordinate the rest of the group with cell phones. My husband and I were able to hold an area for 11 right in front of the stage.

ps: Many thanks to NotAfraid for pointing out the manhole location!

disNeytEen
07-17-2003, 07:20 PM
how busy does DL get around this time crowded or what?

disNeytEen
07-18-2003, 10:50 AM
Also one of the children will be turning 13 at the park, what do they do our what happens really?

Bill Catherall
07-18-2003, 10:59 AM
Go to City Hall and get a birthday sticker. Also ask for the birthday phone call. The sticker will let all the CMs you see know that he/she is having a birthday and they'll do special things.

The best advice I can give for beating the crowds is to get there at opening. You'll be able to accomplish a lot more in the first few hours after opening then you'll be able to do all day. The park is so nice in the morning. It's fresh, it's clean, it's not hot yet, it's not crowded...