PDA

View Full Version : Neat find, a great link featuring Disneyland in 1956

Darkbeer
07-12-2003, 05:50 PM
http://www.wfmu.org/MACrec/dismapALL.html

Make sure and click the Hear here area

Lost Boy
07-13-2003, 04:28 PM
What a beautiful map of the original park. I seem to remember buying this when I was there. What kid who was in love with Disneyland wouldn't. I wish I knew where all this stuff went over the years. Sigh.

Lost Boy
07-14-2003, 07:25 AM
I should have been more specific. It is a beautiful, though innacurate, map. There are a lot of things that were just never there, and some of the things are really in the wrong place, but it still is a great, fun map.

YellowMan
07-14-2003, 08:49 AM
I like how on Main Street there isn't only the main street, but also areas behind the buildings to walk through. If only they'd done that in real life.

I also notice "Circus Land" is still in place between Tomorrowland and Main Street.

disNeytEen
07-14-2003, 12:36 PM
i like how fantasy land is blocked off and the only way in is through the castle.

disNeytEen
07-14-2003, 12:36 PM
i like how fantasy land is blocked off and the only way in is through the castle.

Lost Boy
07-14-2003, 06:51 PM
Regarding the Castle that is the way it was. You will notice that the painted desert with the mule rides, stagecoach ride, etc., went all the way to the river. There was no walkway to Fantasyland from Frontierland. That part of the map is accurate. Also notice the Chicken Plantation at the tip of the Rivers of America. And you could not walk around the castle on the Tomorrowland side either. The map is pretty accurate except for the depiction of Circus Tents. And Tomorrowland is shown quite larger than it was. But it's still a neat map.

baileykat
07-14-2003, 08:18 PM
What a neat site! Thanks!

I have to tell you...I had it pulled up just now...and my 8 year old son came in and asked me what I was looking at!

I said "A map of Disneyland when it first opened."

He said "It looks better than it does now!"

From the mouths of babes.....:)