PDA

View Full Version : Dream Suite Sweepstakes

Pages : [1] 2

shna
05-08-2012, 03:14 PM
I just got this in an e-mail from Alaska Airlines.

Enter the Alaska Airlines Dream Suite Sweepstakes and you could win the Grand Prize of a 5-day/4-night DisneylandŽ Resort vacation (including a night in the exclusive DisneylandŽ Dream Suite – located inside DisneylandŽ Park)! They're also giving away three monthly first prizes of 4-day/3-night vacations at DisneylandŽ Resort, Park HopperŽ tickets, and more.

http://www.dreamsuitesweeps.com/

Good luck!

Rules & Stuff:

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, PLAY OR CLAIM A PRIZE.

A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.

OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS OF ALASKA, ARIZONA, CALIFORNIA, COLORADO, GEORGIA, HAWAII, IDAHO, ILLINOIS, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI, MONTANA, NEVADA, NEW JERSEY, OREGON, TEXAS, VIRGINIA, WASHINGTON, OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.

OR

LEGAL CANADIAN RESIDENTS OF ALBERTA AND BRITISH COLUMBIA.

AT THE TIME OF ENTRY, ELIGIBLE U.S. RESIDENTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND ELIGIBLE CANADIAN RESIDENTS MUST BE THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PROVINCE OF RESIDENCE (18 IN ALBERTA AND 19 IN BRITISH COLUMBIA).

VOID IN THE REST OF THE UNITED STATES, PUERTO RICO, ALL OTHER CANADIAN PROVINCES/TERRITORIES (INCLUDING QUEBEC) AND ANYWHERE WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW WHETHER LISTED OR NOT.

<snip>

PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion starts at 12:00 a.m. (midnight) Pacific Time (“PT”) on May 7, 2012, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on August 7, 2012, (the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion consists of three (3) “Monthly Sweepstakes Periods”, as further defined in Section 4, and one (1) Grand Prize Drawing at the end of the Promotion Period. Sponsor’s clock is the Promotion’s official clock.

<snip>

HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period eligible entrants (“Entrants”) must log on to www.alaskaair.com/dreamsweeps (the “Page”) and complete the requested registration information including, but not limited to, complete name, street address (no P.O. boxes), city, state/province, postal code, email address, date of birth and click “submit”. Once submitted, an Entrant will automatically receive one (1) “Entry” into the applicable Monthly Sweepstakes Period’s drawing.

Except as set forth below, an Entrant is limited to one (1) Entry per Monthly Sweepstakes Period. An Entrant will receive one (1) additional Entry into the applicable Monthly Sweepstakes Period’s drawing if, during registration, the Entrant opts to receive the Alaska Airlines E-mail Newsletter.

This additional Entry may be used by an Entrant only once during the entire Promotion Period. Limit of up to four (4) total Entries into the Promotion.

Entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. PT on the end date defined below in Section 4 to be eligible for that Monthly Sweepstakes Period’s drawing. Entries from one Monthly Sweepstakes Period will NOT roll over into subsequent Monthly Sweepstakes Periods. All non-winning entries from all Monthly Sweepstakes Periods will roll over into the Grand Prize drawing. Any entry received after August 7, 2012, will not be accepted. Any attempted form of participation in this Promotion other than as described herein is void. If it is discovered that an Entrant has registered or attempted to register in excess of the allotted Entry limit for a Monthly Sweepstakes Period or the overall Promotion Period using multiple email addresses or multiple identities, all of that Entrant’s Entries will be declared null and void and any prize he/she might have been entitled to will not be awarded. No more than one (1) prize (“Prize”) will be awarded per person, regardless of prize level, as described further in Section 5. Limit one (1) Prize per household.
RANDOM DRAWINGS: On or about each Random Drawing Date below, Sponsor will randomly draw one (1) eligible Entry (each a “Potential Winner”) from among all eligible Entries received during the applicable Monthly Sweepstakes Period.

(there's a chart on their site which didn't format properly when I tried to copy/paste it)

There's much more info on their site, but this is probably already too long as it is...

candles71
05-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Dream Suite....*drool* Thanks SHNA!:p

ETA: I read the entry rules as 1 entry per monthly drawing per 18 year old (USA) but 1 winner per household. You also get a bonus entry for their email newsletter.

nbaum
05-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Yay Dream Suite!

tea4two
05-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Thanks for posting this, shna!

jananafish
05-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Nice!! Thanks for posting! I have no luck with these things but it's still fun to dream :) :)

kiwifuz
05-08-2012, 05:17 PM
:( I can't enter, not a resident of one of the eligible states. jerks.

candles71
05-08-2012, 05:25 PM
:( I can't enter, not a resident of one of the eligible states. jerks.I am eligible but I have looked at Alaska before we go from Sac to Seattle and then to DL so there ya go. :p

cstephens
05-08-2012, 05:38 PM
:( I can't enter, not a resident of one of the eligible states. jerks.

Residents of certain states not being eligible for particular contests is usually a function of some state law that makes it problematic, not because of some whim of the contest folk, so I think the name-calling is unnecessary.

Drince88
05-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Residents of certain states not being eligible for particular contests is usually a function of some state law that makes it problematic, not because of some whim of the contest folk, so I think the name-calling is unnecessary.

Actually, this one may be more related to states where Alaska airlines flies (or near)

houseofmouse
05-08-2012, 05:59 PM
I entered.

Drince that is probably the best guess. Can't go if they don't fly from that state! LOL!

cstephens
05-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Actually, this one may be more related to states where Alaska airlines flies (or near)

True, though I've seen contests before where the rules stipulate that they'll fly you from the closest airport to your residence, but getting to the airport is your responsibility. I haven't read through the rules on this contest yet, so I don't know what the language says for this.

bennette
05-08-2012, 06:40 PM
True, though I've seen contests before where the rules stipulate that they'll fly you from the closest airport to your residence, but getting to the airport is your responsibility. I haven't read through the rules on this contest yet, so I don't know what the language says for this.

Ha! I actually read it, which I think may qualify me for something in the obsessive category.

Oddly enough, it doesn't mention much of anything. I was looking for the usual disclaimer that if you are within so many miles, you didn't get the airfare.

It did indicate they would fly you to John Wayne or LAX, I believe, so I'm leaning that it's tied to where they fly to/from.

candles71
05-08-2012, 06:51 PM

It actually said they or Horizon(?) has to fly to the location. The departure airport is the sponsers discretion, but the prize winner gets to pick LAX or SNA which surprised me.
I read the rules.... I am crazy like that. :p

bennette
05-08-2012, 06:53 PM
I read the rules.... I am crazy like that. :p

Wow. We're like the Wonder Twins.

"Form of RANDOM RULE READERS!!"

candles71
05-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Ok but I get to be Jaina cause Zan was always wimpy water or something. ;)

kiwifuz
05-09-2012, 06:04 PM

Oh for Pete's sake... Yes I was totally personally attacking the people that set the contest up for Alaska :eyeroll: Most "states" that prohibit such contests are on a small list. It seemed very obvious at first glance it wasn't this type of contest restriction. Name-calling is a bit of a stretch. Are you personally attached to the image or employees of Alaska or something? Geez.

Bingo!

What I find hilarious is that I moved from IL last year and the closest airport to where I used to live is served by American and not Alaska, yet I would have been eligible to play. I'd rather advertise to me in my current location, 45mins from ORD. I'd probably look at Alaska now if the price is right. But hey that's their thing. Not in an offensive or discriminatory way, just implying that they are free to open their contest to whomever they choose based on their own freewill.

KarenW2
05-10-2012, 01:53 AM
My hubby and I had a great time touring the Dream Suite last month, thanks to being member of the D23 Club, during the Disneyland: Off the Map Event! It was amazing to see all the details they're put inside, that most humans won't get to see.

I'd be really happy if one of us gets our name pulled, so we can spend the night and enjoy having the after-hours pajama tour, with exclusive photos taken in front of the castle, etc.

Thanks for posting the info shna!

bennette
05-10-2012, 07:00 AM
Gosh, I think lots of us have been in the suite (even me). But I sure wouldn't mind watching Fantasmic from the balcony or roaming the park after hours.

Malcon10t
05-10-2012, 07:05 AM
Gosh, I think lots of us have been in the suite (even me). But I sure wouldn't mind watching Fantasmic from the balcony or roaming the park after hours.Yep, I know a lot of people who have been in it. It would be fun, but I think I'd rather win the Carsland Preview.

Malcon10t
05-10-2012, 10:06 AM
I love the logistics of this. I drive 90 mins, get there 90 mins before the flight (now at 3 hours) to fly from Sac to Seattle to OC or Sac to Phoenix to SNA (minimum of 7 hours) then a 30 min taxi ride to a hotel. Total time, 10.5 hours to fly. I can drive it in 5.5....

candles71
05-10-2012, 10:09 AM
I love the logistics of this. I drive 90 mins, get there 90 mins before the flight (now at 3 hours) to fly from Sac to Seattle to OC or Sac to Phoenix to SNA (minimum of 7 hours) then a 30 min taxi ride to a hotel. Total time, 10.5 hours to fly. I can drive it in 5.5....

I had the same thoughts, although our drive is almost 8 hours. :p

Gone2Disneyland
05-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Just entered too. Thanks, shna.

Tinkermommy
05-14-2012, 05:56 PM
Yep, I know a lot of people who have been in it. It would be fun, but I think I'd rather win the Carsland Preview.

I haven't! I'd just like to win something, someday. An AP preview -- anything! It's getting lonely here in Loserville! :p

PS - thank you for posting the link, Shna!

shna
05-15-2012, 08:55 AM
I certainly hope someone from here wins!

jananafish
05-15-2012, 10:44 PM
@Tinkermommy - me neither haha :D It would be nice to win! :)