PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay for best AP rates in Oct?

Walts Buddy
07-12-2003, 05:17 PM
My wife and I are planning a 20th anniversary trip to DL in Oct. We haven't been to DLR since the addition of DCA and the last few times we were at DL we stayed at PP. A couple of questions; 1) Historically when are the AP rates for the DLR for October released?...2) We are going to wait to purchase/activate our AP's until the first day of our stay, will this create a problem with securing a AP rate at the hotel? TIA for any information:)

MonorailMan
07-12-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Walts Buddy
1) Historically when are the AP rates for the DLR for October released?...2) We are going to wait to purchase/activate our AP's until the first day of our stay, will this create a problem with securing a AP rate at the hotel?

No help with #1. However, you have to show the AP at check-in. They don't ask for it over the phone. ;)

Walts Buddy
07-13-2003, 08:23 AM
I appreciate the info on the AP's...if we purchased them now are we able to wait to start the clock until the first day at DLR or is it from the day of purchase?

miss bianca
07-13-2003, 08:39 AM
Actually they have been asking for your AP# when booking a room w/ the APD discount.
I know you will need it upon checking in...You can always order it by phone ahead of time. Its valid 1 year from the 1st day you activate it at the park - not the day you purchase it.

To find out for sure the procedure re: booking a room w/ the AP, I would call the Disneyland Hotel reservation line at 714-956-6425 and ask them.
Just to be on the safe side.

Walts Buddy
07-13-2003, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the suggestion...I'll post the info. after I call on Monday:)

miss bianca
07-13-2003, 08:46 AM
there open today!

DopeyWife
07-17-2003, 08:16 PM
Walts Buddy, did you call and find out any info?