PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Brennan's

dizneyangel
08-23-2001, 12:12 PM
For any AP's out there, I have a question. When we renewed this year we got coupons for appetizers at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. Has anyone used these, and would the food appeal to kids? We're going this weekend, and I thought we might stop in and check it out, but will have some 8 and unders with us. Also, where is the best place to catch both the fireworks and Fantasmic?

Thanks....

Morrigoon
08-23-2001, 02:26 PM
find out of you can use them for the cafe....

BEIGNETS!!!!!! (pronounced ben-yayz)

lisap
08-23-2001, 02:39 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Is the cafe a sit down thing too? Do Beignets count as appetizers?

dizneyangel
08-23-2001, 03:00 PM
:p If they do. I'll have some really happy munchkins on my hands! Not to mention a few happy adults. Is one of those coupons good for the whole party? We have 3 of them, and I don't know if I'll need them all, or if I can save the other 2 for future trips.

Lani
08-23-2001, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
BEIGNETS!!!!!! (pronounced ben-yayz) Beware these powered treats: they carry about 100 calories per bite. That means you have to eat one in one bite!! ;)

Napsto
08-23-2001, 03:22 PM
lol

lisap
08-23-2001, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by lani
Beware these powered treats: they carry about 100 calories per bite. That means you have to eat one in one bite!! ;)

Hahaha...you have stumbled upon a brilliant theory...related to the "all food eaten while standing up does not contain calories" family, a theory in which I subscribe.

;)

Cadaverous Pallor
08-23-2001, 03:51 PM
Perhaps Chef Kevin can handle this one? :)

adriennek
08-23-2001, 04:41 PM
Ok, I'm going to say that this is probably not a place to go with the kids. Probably.

There are a couple of things to consider:

1- price. Kevin and I are budgeting about $100 for our dinner next week. That will include a bottle of wine (probably red, definately NOT Merlot, probably a cab or a zinfindel, maybe a syrah.) This is an a la carte restaurant and we plan to order all the courses! (Appetizer, entree, dessert.) Now, if price is not a problem for you, cool. I know that my parents took us out for very good meals on occasion to expose us to different kinds of food and to teach us how to behave in such situations. But I know that for other people, the price and this atmosphere is not something they choose for their families. I do believe that they have a lunch menu that is lighter fare, such as burgers, I believe-- does anyone know if the coupons are good for lunch, too?

2- food. I think that the food is DEVINE. And TBT, I have NO experience with the children's menu at this restaurant. That said, I know some adults who don't choose to eat there because the menu appears too spicey or too rich. My son is a kid who, although under 3, is pretty adventurous when it comes to trying new foods. I know other kids who flat out AREN'T. Consider this (and hopefully another poster will be able to offer info on the children's meal.)

I hope this has been any help at ALL.
Adrienne K

dizneyangel
08-23-2001, 06:11 PM
:) Thanks, Adrienne. I wasn't sure about this place, now it seems that we'll have to save it for another time. My princess is not adventerous, so this may not be a good choice. I knew this would be the place to get my question answered. As usual everyone
has been very helpful.