PDA

View Full Version : But why has the...elephant...gone? [from Gibson Girl Ice Cream]

Pages : [1] 2

mkraemer
05-03-2012, 07:44 AM
So, Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor reopened...without the wonderful glass elephant! I'm heartbroken (no, really, I am, and I am comforted that at least I can find some kindred souls who can sympathize on this message board).

Why? Why? Where has my beloved pachyderm gone??

Having ice cream around the elephant has been one of our family traditions as my kids have grown up.

big sigh.....

newhdplayer
05-03-2012, 07:50 AM
So, Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor reopened...without the wonderful glass elephant! I'm heartbroken (no, really, I am, and I am comforted that at least I can find some kindred souls who can sympathize on this message board).

Why? Why? Where has my beloved pachyderm gone??

Having ice cream around the elephant has been one of our family traditions as my kids have grown up.

big sigh.....

Vanilla Rehab....

mrsdisney68
05-03-2012, 07:58 AM
That's sad....We always love going in there and having our ice cream.

houseofmouse
05-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Maybe he is getting refubished?

Blacksheep Uncle
05-03-2012, 06:21 PM
that is very sad :(

Tinkermommy
05-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Hmmm...maybe he's gone to live with that giant castle that was, for years, in the window of the crystal shop, and the old hag that used to beg people to set her free? I've long wondered what became of those!

Andrew
05-03-2012, 07:24 PM
I believe somebody bought the crystal castle several years ago. The witch was last seen in the Villains Shop before it became the Heraldry Shoppe. I'm sure she's in a warehouse backstage just waiting for her chance to reappear.

Mom2
05-04-2012, 01:33 AM
Yesterday (Thursday) when I was there, I asked a CM at Market House about it. He said that it is still in the parks and is in or near the employee lounge. He said it would be returning but he could not say where. So they have plans for him! I was so relieved and hope he is right. I missed it so much too that it was just bugging me and I finally asked someone.

cvcgolf
05-04-2012, 06:48 AM
It's gone because the suits running the place are smarter then you and I.. They know exactly what is good for us..

mkraemer
05-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Yesterday (Thursday) when I was there, I asked a CM at Market House about it. He said that it is still in the parks and is in or near the employee lounge. He said it would be returning but he could not say where. So they have plans for him! I was so relieved and hope he is right. I missed it so much too that it was just bugging me and I finally asked someone.

Good to hear! I hope the elephant is back somewhere that guests can enjoy seeing it again soon!

dban3
05-05-2012, 08:31 AM
I consider myself to be a die-hard Disneyland traditionalist but I always found that rather garish looking elephant sitting in an ice cream parlor to be rather, eh.... odd. Maybe if there is a plan to do something with Aladdin's Oasis, it would be more fitting there. Somewhere in Advenureland seems more fitting. Maybe it could join Shrunken Ned.

leota's necklace
05-05-2012, 09:54 AM
I disagree. That elephant is garish in the best Victorian way and is thus perfectly appropriate to a shop celebrating the turn-of-the-century wonder of ice cream desserts. Plus the glass makes it looks like it's carved of ice and that also helps. I love that elephant.

Malcon10t
05-05-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm curious if it will be in the Carnation Cafe indoor restaurant.

mkraemer
05-05-2012, 01:38 PM
I disagree. That elephant is garish in the best Victorian way and is thus perfectly appropriate to a shop celebrating the turn-of-the-century wonder of ice cream desserts. Plus the glass makes it looks like it's carved of ice and that also helps. I love that elephant.

Right; that's why the elephant was perfect there...it looked like an ice sculpture!

dehnehsu
05-05-2012, 08:15 PM
OK, I had to look it up. I didn't know what the Elephant was!

Link about the Elephant...
http://www.mickeynews.com/elephant-in-the-gibson-girl-ice-cream-parlor-%E2%80%93-did-you-know.html

cstephens
05-05-2012, 10:58 PM
We had a look around the ice cream shop and adjacent candy store today, and with how they've changed the inside and moved the ice cream counter back to where the old seating was, there's really nowhere to put the elephant now. With the new queue, which was sorely needed, there's a lot less seating now, which is unfortunate, but people can certainly take their ice cream elsewhere to eat it. However, without the additional seating, there's nowhere to put the elephant without it just being in the way.

If they can find somewhere else in the park to put it, that would be cool.

TTFN92
05-06-2012, 11:19 AM
OK, I had to look it up. I didn't know what the Elephant was!

Link about the Elephant...
http://www.mickeynews.com/elephant-in-the-gibson-girl-ice-cream-parlor-%E2%80%93-did-you-know.html
Thanks for posting this because I didn't know what it was either. I don't get ice cream at DL so I've never been in there.

WITron
05-07-2012, 08:51 AM
I was playing Epic Mickey over the weekend and there is a part that is made to look like Disneyland. For one of the quests, you need to go inside the ice cream parlor and the elephant is in there.

sjhanksaz
05-10-2012, 09:54 AM
So what is the prize for the first person on MP to name the new location of the green giant once he makes his triumphant return.

dban3
05-10-2012, 10:38 AM
So what is the prize for the first person on MP to name the new location of the green giant once he makes his triumphant return.

If it doesn't find a spot somewhere over there when the Carnation Cafe opens, I'm still thinking Adventureland, place still to be determined.

Andrew
05-10-2012, 02:29 PM

It's the Hidden Quest! *

* not the Hidden Quest

MoKat72
05-11-2012, 10:04 AM
I'm going in 3 weeks. Will go on an elephant hunt (not literally...all that shattering glass would be dangerous). If I spot him, I'll post pics.

AVP
05-01-2016, 07:35 PM
If it doesn't find a spot somewhere over there when the Carnation Cafe opens, I'm still thinking Adventureland, place still to be determined.

Reviving an extremely old thread to let you know - YOU WIN!

https://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/245075-2/JadeElephant-043016-AVP.jpg

sjhanksaz
05-02-2016, 05:41 AM
He is going to get cold sitting outside like that.

SteveMartin
05-02-2016, 05:49 AM
He is going to get cold sitting outside like that.

Clearly.

:)