PDA

View Full Version : Everything falling into place (Future of Fantasyland Theater)

nowen1
05-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Carnation Cafe turns into Fantasy Faire, so by default Princess Fantasy Faire will be soon to leave also (I presume). I have not heard any rumers of what might happen in that area ( including the Hunchback theater), I have said before that the area in question is plenty big enough for a new "land" or at least a new "E" ticket or is it going to held open for a possible Fantasyland expansion similar to WDW?

lofosho
05-01-2012, 02:27 PM
I haven't been paying attention. Carnation Cafe is becoming Fantasy Faire?

3Princesses1Prince
05-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Carnation Gardens is the name I think.

jananafish
05-01-2012, 02:39 PM
I saw the Ariel avatar and got confused because I was like, "I haven't posted in this thread!" hahah ...cool av @lofosho ;)

Yeah like 3P1P said it should be the Carnations Plaza Gardens that is closing, not Carnations Cafe.

http://thedisneyblog.com/2012/04/16/disneyland-to-close-carnation-gardens-plaza-relocate-swing-dancing-out-of-park/

nowen1
05-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Sorry Carnation Plaza Gardens

olegc
05-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Carnation Cafe turns into Fantasy Faire, so by default Princess Fantasy Faire will be soon to leave also (I presume). I have not heard any rumers of what might happen in that area ( including the Hunchback theater), I have said before that the area in question is plenty big enough for a new "land" or at least a new "E" ticket or is it going to held open for a possible Fantasyland expansion similar to WDW?

hunchback theater, also known as Festival of Fools arena, was in the back of Frontierland I believe. The Fantasyland Theater was host to many shows featuring characters, and Beauty and the Beast and Snow White, then converted to Princess Fantasy Faire. THat will move to the new "village" on the old Carnation Plaza Gardens sight.

The Festival area is being converted to a Hoedown entertainment venue to make up for the lost stage during construction. in behind the Thunder Ranch BBQ and petting zoo.

jrsharp21
05-01-2012, 04:41 PM
My guess is that the old Princess Fantasy Fair stage will remain for the time being. I am thinking that is where the groups that come for Disney Performing Arts will do their performances, which they used to do on the Carnation Plaza.

danyoung
05-01-2012, 04:54 PM
While I can't quote anything definitively, I've read in several places that the Fantasyland Theater will go back to show production, which is what it was designed for. I really hope this is true, as they've had some terrific shows there!

olegc
05-01-2012, 05:52 PM
as a reminder, the Disney Parks Blog mentioned (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/04/come-on-down-to-the-big-thunder-ranch-jamboree-at-disneyland-park/) that performance groups will now be at the newly designated Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree stage in Frontierland (former Festival Arena). there has only been speculation and "insider rumor" about what's next for the Fantasyland Theater - but ithe info is leaning towards new musicals or shows.

lilfaeriebrat
05-02-2012, 07:13 AM
I hope they start doing musicals or shows in the Fantasyland Theater again. I feel that Disneyland is missing stage shows, their great for people to sit and relax while the kids are entertained.

carolinakid
05-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Does anyone actually watch these "performance groups" other than their parents and family? I don't....too much like an America's Got Talent audition. I would prefer either professional entertainers/shows or new attractions in the parks. But that's just me...

olegc
05-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Does anyone actually watch these "performance groups" other than their parents and family? I don't....too much like an America's Got Talent audition. I would prefer either professional entertainers/shows or new attractions in the parks. But that's just me...

for the most part you're right - you do get some stragglers or folks who just might be interested. The rest are parents and friends - but some of these groups who come from out of town bring - surprise - a couple hundred people. that's a decent audience. Other locals don't bring that many.

however, that doesn't mean we should be relegated to a far corner away from everything else. Part of the Disney Performing Arts program is to, in fact, provide student performers that chance to play in a more entertainment-focused venue. Sure its a reward to visit disneyland too - but it's always great for kids and others to say they could perform there on stage at Disneyland.

danyoung
05-02-2012, 02:10 PM
In the old days these groups used to perform on the Tomorrowland Stage (which no longer exists). They survived moving to the Carnation Gardens, and they'll survive moving to the Hunchback Theater too.

candles71
05-02-2012, 03:17 PM
In the old days these groups used to perform on the Tomorrowland Stage (which no longer exists). They survived moving to the Carnation Gardens, and they'll survive moving to the Hunchback Theater too.

I remember the Tommorowland stage, I seem to remember it being behind Star Tours (ish) (Inner Space or whatever it was at the time.

danyoung
05-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Yup. It was on the right as you enter Tomorrowland. I remember the spotlights for shows were up on the People Mover level. I saw my first live show ever there - the Spinners opening for the Association.

3Princesses1Prince
05-03-2012, 07:36 AM
Our friends DD has performed twice in the last 2 years with her jr high choir group.

olegc
05-03-2012, 07:50 AM
today is the 1st day of the Jamboree stage opening, and my son's playing in the Irvine Honors Orch. Interestingly they were supposed to play at 11am at Carnation - but with these changes they were placed in the final spot at Roundup - 515pm. so I'll check out the locale.

as an aside - the Entertainment sched for the Jamboree stage and the Cowboy Roundup is 1030am to 6pm Thursday for the whole area to be open, and the specific Roundup show with characters is at 12pm and 215pm.

shna
05-04-2012, 03:58 PM
When I was in high school, our choir performed at the Carnation Plaza Gardens venue. That was SUCH a fun day!