PDA

View Full Version : Invitations going out to passholders for Fantasmic anniversary parties

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Lilo143stitch
04-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Just got an email about an AP event for F! anybody else receive this email?

AVP
04-25-2012, 11:04 AM
It looks like Disney has started sending invitations for a series of annual passholders parties celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Fantasmic. The e-mails instruct the recipient to RSVP in person at a Disneyland Resort ticket booth (valid photo ID and Annual Pass required), and select from one of the following dates:

Monday, May 14
Tuesday, May 15
Monday, May 21
Tuesday, May 22

Passholders must be 18 or older to RSVP, and will receive a voucher for themselves and up to three annual passholder guests. Passholder guests may be under 18, and children under 3 do not count towards the guest limit. Everyone in the party must be a valid passholder on the event date.

The party starts at 10 p.m., after Disneyland closes for the night, and runs until 1 a.m. A performance of Fantasmic is scheduled at 11:30 p.m. each night. Passholders can check in and receive their event wristbands starting at Noon, but as with prior events, your entire party must be present to check in and receive wristbands.

The announcement states that "special menu items will be available to event guests from 4:00pm - 1:00am at participating dining locations," so this sounds like we might see some new menu items tested as we did with the Soundsational AP party.

While not specifically stated in the e-mail I've seen, I've been told that the invitation is non-transferable - the passholder who receives the invitation is the only one who can RSVP. I am waiting for official clarification from Disney on this, but for now consider it an invitation-only event.

Update 3:05 p.m. Disney has clarified that the event is open to all Annual Passholders, regardless of level, regardless of whether you received the invitation or not. Your AP must be valid as of the date of the event you select.

Registration closes as soon as all events sell out, or at 10:00 p.m. (PST) on Thursday, May 10, whichever comes first.

Please post if you received the invitation, and I'm sure we'll start another "bring a Padder" thread to help passholders with extra slots pair up with passholders who didn't get an invitation.

Andrew
04-25-2012, 11:08 AM
I'd love to know if any Northern Californian APs (like me) received an invitation. So far with these invitation-only events, it looks like they've been targeted pretty tightly to the immediate SoCal area.

Shopaholic11
04-25-2012, 11:12 AM
I'd love to know if any Northern Californian APs (like me) received an invitation. So far with these invitation-only events, it looks like they've been targeted pretty tightly to the immediate SoCal area.

I'm a NorCal AP, too! I never receive these invites...but would totally go, if given the opportunity :crying:

rickosuave1987
04-25-2012, 11:13 AM
I haven't gotten one... :|

Doodle Duck
04-25-2012, 11:18 AM
We never recieve invites and we're just 67 miles south. :-(

AVP
04-25-2012, 11:21 AM
And... here we go again!

As with past events, invited passholders can bring up to three passholder guests to the Fantasmic anniversary event. Some passholders may not need all four tickets for this event, and others may want to attend but were not picked. If you have extra tickets and want to offer them to a MousePlanet reader, please post in the new thread we created just for you (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?182072-Guest-offers-for-the-Fantasmic-Annual-Passholder-parties&p=1725946#post1725946).

I love how many MousePlanet readers were able to offer extra tickets to readers who weren't invited, hopefully we will see the same for these events.

abkb76
04-25-2012, 11:54 AM
I got my invite e-mailed to me this morning. I will be going by after school to RSVP. I love that they are doing more of these events! I went to the event in December and it was fantastic! I also love that they are requiring people to actually go in person to RSVP.
: )

houseofmouse
04-25-2012, 11:57 AM
I hate to burst your bubble Andrew but if I remember correctly the Soundsantional party was an email to get an invite event. Which I did and got an invite, although my trip was postponed and I couldn't go and I got an invite to the Candlelight event, the expensive one which I did not RSVP to. So I am not sure So. Cal is the target all the time.

alexxgco
04-25-2012, 12:01 PM

A friend of mine from the Bay area got an invite. She emailed them and asked since she's not local, why does she have to make another trip to RSVP? So, they got her on the phone and put her in the system so she just needs to show up with her pass.

alexxgco
04-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Also, other people who have heard about it online but didn't get an email invite went up to a ticket booth today to RSVP. They were able to get a voucher and they only have a SoCal pass (email subject says Premium passholders)

Rosepins
04-25-2012, 12:03 PM
I got an invite :) it looks very similar to the Soundsational event in the fall. Will definitely be RSVP'ing tonight after work, interesting to see how the whole "in person" thing will work.
Maybe to make sure people are serious about going?

cstephens
04-25-2012, 12:04 PM
The addition of needing to register in person kind of throws a kink into this for anyone who doesn't live seriously locally. I have a friend who lives in Simi Valley, maybe an hour and a half (without traffic) drive to DL. As much as she loves Disneyland, I'm not sure she'd be willing to drive to DL just to register if she were to receive an invite. And for someone who lives in Northern California, making plans to attend one of the events wouldn't be nearly the same hassle as having to make plans to come down just to register.

AVP
04-25-2012, 12:05 PM
A friend of mine from the Bay area got an invite. She emailed them and asked since she's not local, why does she have to make another trip to RSVP? So, they got her on the phone and put her in the system so she just needs to show up with her pass.That was very nice of them - I'm glad they could make an exception for someone who lives 400+ miles away.

Also, other people who have heard about it online but didn't get an email invite went up to a ticket booth today to RSVP. They were able to get a voucher and they only have a SoCal pass (email subject says Premium passholders)I've heard several similar reports, and I've asked Disney for a clarification. The original information I received directly from Disney was that the invitations are required and non-transferable, but there seems to be a disconnect between stated policy and operational practice. As soon as I hear back I'll post an update.

Adrienne

lurkyloo
04-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Also, other people who have heard about it online but didn't get an email invite went up to a ticket booth today to RSVP. They were able to get a voucher and they only have a SoCal pass (email subject says Premium passholders)

Classic! Once again Premier passholders get left out. :eyeroll:

alexxgco
04-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Classic! Once again Premier passholders get left out. :eyeroll:

That's what I'm thinking! I haven't gotten an invite since I've had my Premier pass this past year. I did get an invite to the Star Tours preview days, but I had a Premium pass then. But maybe they're cycling invites, considering the amount of people w/APs now (I heard it was nearing 960,000 people now?).

ladylyons
04-25-2012, 12:55 PM
After posting on the Facebook post about this event I heard about alexxgco's friend being able to RSVP by phone so I thought I would try too. (We did get the email invitation so I didn't call just because I heard about the event) I made a phone call and after being on the phone for about 5 - 10 mins - I am now RSVP'd for the May 14 event!!!! Thank you soooo much for the info about calling. I was just going to let it go until I read that. I also live in the Bay Area so there would have been no way for me to get down there before the May 10th cut off. We are going to be there from May 11 - 16!! We can't wait to see Fantasmic! again. It's both mine and my 5 yeard old son's favorite show!!

fairestoneofall
04-25-2012, 01:15 PM
No email for me. :( I'd really love to attend. F! is my favorite!

olegc
04-25-2012, 01:22 PM
not all premiums got an invite (i'm one of them who did not)

disneyobsessed
04-25-2012, 01:31 PM
DH has a premium and got an invite. We live in Nor Cal. Would love to go but can't take the kids out of school/activities for any of those dates without it being a big pain. Bummer. Sounds like fun.

JunJunM3
04-25-2012, 01:50 PM
I have premium and got the e-mail invite. It's kind of a hassle though to have to go to the ticket booths in person simply to RSVP. I sure wish you could also do it online or even by phone.

lurkyloo
04-25-2012, 02:16 PM
After posting on the Facebook post about this event I heard about alexxgco's friend being able to RSVP by phone so I thought I would try too. (We did get the email invitation so I didn't call just because I heard about the event) I made a phone call and after being on the phone for about 5 - 10 mins - I am now RSVP'd for the May 14 event!!!! Thank you soooo much for the info about calling. I was just going to let it go until I read that. I also live in the Bay Area so there would have been no way for me to get down there before the May 10th cut off. We are going to be there from May 11 - 16!! We can't wait to see Fantasmic! again. It's both mine and my 5 yeard old son's favorite show!!

What number did you call?

lurkyloo
04-25-2012, 02:26 PM
OK, so I dug up the AP hotline (714-781-4567) and tried RSVPing over the phone. At first I was told that only out-of-state APs could RSVP over the phone. When I pointed out that people from the Bay Area had been able to RSVP by phone, the CM first said it was cuz they are out-of-state, then (after I pointed out that the Bay Area is in California) told me it was because they lived more than 2 hours away. I think they're just making this stuff up.... I told her that it can take me up to 2 hours in traffic to get to Disneyland from LA, but she wasn't having it. :~D

ladylyons
04-25-2012, 02:39 PM
What number did you call?

I called the AP number I found on the website - 714-781-7277

THpoohbear
04-25-2012, 02:46 PM
I just tried over the phone as well and was told exceptions are being made only for those who live 2 plus hours away.