PDA

View Full Version : What's going down with the subs?

Pirate Girl
07-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Does anyone know any more about the sub refurb? Are they still going to bring them back or did that idea get killed?

Lost Boy
07-09-2003, 11:35 AM
Jay Rousulo (Spelling?) had put a limit of total cost to refurbish at around $3 million and after they started to look at the cost of fixing the show building and the subs which had been left to rot, the cost was somewhere around $35 million so the plan was sunk. For now. Who knows what the future holds.:crying:

mrfantasmic
07-09-2003, 03:24 PM
Well the way I see it is if they really want to bring it back, they'll spend money on it. I for one see it as a positive sign that our new president is concerned for his guests, dont you?

Lost Boy
07-09-2003, 09:42 PM
Yes I do. I think Jay wanted that ride opened in the worst way if only to provide the needed Guest Througput to keep the numbers up. Tomorrowland need something done quickly because it's more ghost town now. I was really hoping to see the subs come back, but now I just don't know what will happen. It's really sad when the Walt Disney Company can't seem to find the money to spend on new "E" ticket rides at Disneyland anymore. Sure they are spending a lot on TOT over at DCA and that place needs help also. I know they are not spending as muchy as they did on the Florida version, but it's still the most expensvie attraction at DCA so far, and far more expensive than Pooh at Disneyland. I wonder how close it is to the $125 million it cost for Indy?

MonorailMan
07-10-2003, 12:21 AM
We'll see, I still have this gut feeling, that this story is long from over. ;)

merlinjones
07-10-2003, 07:38 AM
Al's update suggested that T Irby had thrown out the molds (for crabs, mermaids, etc.) for the DL submarine voyage elements (!).

Are the WDW 20k molds still in existence? Perhaps those are close enough to be adapted?