PDA

View Full Version : My Idea: DCA without the C

DL4EVER
07-08-2003, 04:09 PM
Yep, you heard me right. Although I like DCA the way it is, what I feel would improve it would be to de-California-ize the park and turn it into Disney's Adventure. Here's a run down of what would happen to make this happen.

First off, before we even mess with the park itself, the California letters would be removed and would then say Disney. Also, as a general thing, the shops and food places would be all rethemed. Grand Californian could stay, but with a different name(Grizzly Lodge or something like that)

Then, in the entrance plaza, the shops would be changed to sell Disney merchandise(shirts books that sorta thing). The golden state bridge would be removed and they would make it a bridge with a collage type thing with stuff from the movies and DL and other Disney parks.....the mosaics would be disney themed. That whoopi goldberg show thing would be turned into a show about Disney and DL.

Here we go at the area rundown:

Hollywood Pictures Backlot would become Walt Disney Pictures Backlot.

Disney Animation would stay, naturally. Tower of Terror would still be built and stay. Muppets could stay, but they could retheme it to be like making a Disney movie and mishaps or it could be like an animation and live action combined 3D show with effects. Millionaire would be removed and a Disney and Touchstone pictures themed Great Movie type ride would be added into the millionaire showbuilding combined with the SSL building. You could have various movies there.

Furthermore, Hyperion would get a rotation of broadway style shows themed to Disney classics.

Also, the Hollywood Pictures Backlot Stage would be demolished and turn into a Disney movie themed fountain area, part of it being like Cosmic waves and in the center a big fountain.

Thus concludes WDPB.

A Bug's land would be removed, except for ITTBAB. In it's place would go a Pixar themed land, containing a Toy Story dark ride and a finding nemo dark ride.

Golden State would be renamed for a Disney name(having an idea block here)

The GRR area would stay, and Grizzly Peak would stay due to the Brother Bear movie. Pooh would be taken out of Critter Country and a better Pooh would be put in the Grizzly peak area, as well as Country Bears getting a new home there. The recreational area/playground thing would stay.

Soarin' would either turn into a Rescuers themed ride(remember the bird)and see various locals around the world, or fly over and to the many different Disney parks.

No clue what to do with the wharf area.

Now, Paradise Pier would be renamed(again no clue) and get a jet ski/fireworks nighttime spectacular watershow. The dinosaur would be removed. The orange stinger would become a coconut, muholland madness would be demolished to make way for a dark ride. Golden Zephyr would go and Jumpin' Jellyfish would stay. The boat would go and the games would be removed. The sunwheel would be themed to the little mermaid somehow and maliboomer would go. King Triton's carousel would stay. (This is someone else's idea in a different thread)Screamin' would be made to appear as under the sea and such, and little mermaid would get a darkride in the area behind screamin'.

That finishes it, I think this would at least help get more visitors to DCA, post your own ideas here as well for how to turn DCA into DA!

disNeytEen
07-08-2003, 04:13 PM
(cough) money (cough)
Rember Disney is cheap, but i love your ideas, but one can only wish

LIMANDL4EVA
07-08-2003, 04:46 PM
Like your ideas for grizzly and hollywood, but i have to say, if they turn a bugs land area into pixar land then whynot just kepp a bugs land, and secondly...

Originally posted by DL4EVER
Now, Paradise Pier would be renamed(again no clue) and get a jet ski/fireworks nighttime spectacular watershow. The dinosaur would be removed. The orange stinger would become a coconut, muholland madness would be demolished to make way for a dark ride. Golden Zephyr would go and Jumpin' Jellyfish would stay. The boat would go and the games would be removed. The sunwheel would be themed to the little mermaid somehow and maliboomer would go. King Triton's carousel would stay. (This is someone else's idea in a different thread)Screamin' would be made to appear as under the sea and such, and little mermaid would get a darkride in the area behind screamin'.

Good ideas but there would be basically nothing left in PP

VERY interesting ideas here...me like

mrfantasmic
07-08-2003, 05:49 PM
Hmm... good ideas, but some of the aspects you were talking about can be modified.
For instance: Soarin' can stay the theme it has, but expand the ride to take care of other locales, such as Gateway arch, the New York skyline (and statue), Mount Rushmore, the Appalacians, everglades, the alamo...

I guess overall, it could be changed as a massive American tribute, with more subtle salutes and a much more diverse theme.

Pirate Girl
07-08-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by DL4EVER
Millionaire would be removed and a Disney and Touchstone pictures themed Great Movie type ride would be added into the millionaire showbuilding combined with the SSL building.

Oh, I've been wishing they would do this for ages: they could revamp Millionair to be all Disney Trivia! I love trivia, and Disney trivia is the best! It would give all us MP'ers a chance to shine!

tabacco
07-08-2003, 07:07 PM
I do disagree about retheming Muppetvision. Muppetvision 3D was the last time Jim Henson performed any of the Muppets before his death, and as good a replacement as Steve Whitmire is, it would be a shame to not have a version of that show in California (especially since I'm not likely to be able to afford to visit Florida anytime in the forseeable future).

mrfantasmic
07-08-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by 100thGrimGrinningGhost
Oh, I've been wishing they would do this for ages: they could revamp Millionair to be all Disney Trivia! I love trivia, and Disney trivia is the best! It would give all us MP'ers a chance to shine!

Disney Trivia... BRILLIANT!!!

DL4EVER
07-08-2003, 08:06 PM
It could use the name from the show on the Disney cruise.....who wants to be a mouseketeer.....but I still would want GMR there.....

disNeytEen
07-09-2003, 10:51 AM
then add on to the theater and put GMR there that way after the ride you watch the show