PDA

View Full Version : Closure of Haunted Mansion

ScottC4746
04-17-2012, 05:11 PM
I am hearing/seeing rumors posted that there is supposed to be a new Haunted Mansion movie coming out this fall and they will close HM as we know it forever and add lots of 21st century technology so it is more like this new movie. Anyone hear or confirm this?

IllusionOfLife
04-17-2012, 05:36 PM
There is a movie in development with Guillermo del Toro producing (and possibly directing) but it hasn't even started production yet and is certainly not coming out this fall. As for any changes to the ride, nothing has been discussed in any official capacity, but I doubt we'll see any movie tie-ins unless the film is a big success (otherwise, we'd already have Eddie Murphey in there).

Ohthatjeff
04-17-2012, 06:38 PM
(otherwise, we'd already have Eddie Murphey in there).

Instead of just his career. :p

Rufus T Firefly
04-17-2012, 08:17 PM
instead of just his career. :p
owwwwch

bumblebeeonarose
04-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Didn't they make a few changes after the old movie?

IllusionOfLife
04-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Didn't they make a few changes after the old movie?

Yes, there were changes made after the old movie, but none were related to the movie. They were completely separate "enhancements."

adriennek
04-17-2012, 09:45 PM
I've heard they're putting in a loop.

THpoohbear
04-17-2012, 10:19 PM
i've heard they're putting in a loop.

:D Hahaha!

3Princesses1Prince
04-18-2012, 05:58 AM
I've heard they're putting in a loop.

It's about time!

monkeyboy
04-18-2012, 06:13 AM
I'd like it if they put one of those dye-packs, the kind that banks put in the robber's bag during a hold-up, in the front of the doom buggy so whenever someone took a flash picture inside the ride it'd go off and splat the snapper with a flourescent green dye... so it would mark the offender, but also give them a nice ghostly hue as they wandered the park...
Yeah, I know, I'm evil...

Escape2Disney
04-18-2012, 07:09 AM
I'd like it if they put one of those dye-packs, the kind that banks put in the robber's bag during a hold-up, in the front of the doom buggy so whenever someone took a flash picture inside the ride it'd go off and splat the snapper with a flourescent green dye... so it would mark the offender, but also give them a nice ghostly hue as they wandered the park...

HAHAHA, I'd vote for that one!

houseofmouse
04-18-2012, 07:51 AM
Am I the only one who thought the HM movie was kinda funny?? But Eddie Murphey in the HM? GAH that would have been awful!!!

TTFN92
04-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Am I the only one who thought the HM movie was kinda funny?? But Eddie Murphey in the HM? GAH that would have been awful!!!
I liked the movie too. But I agree that he should NEVER be put in the ride.

candles71
04-18-2012, 10:05 AM

And, on Pirates? Oh, and for the dumb lady taking flash pictures on Soarin'? Really.....:eyeroll:

cstephens
04-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Oh, and for the dumb lady taking flash pictures on Soarin'? Really.....:eyeroll:

"Something must be wrong with my camera. All I got was a picture of a blank screen."

candles71
04-18-2012, 11:16 AM
"Something must be wrong with my camera. All I got was a picture of a blank screen."She is actually quite lucky she still had a camera being she was sitting right next to Whistler.

PlayGirlBunny
04-18-2012, 11:45 AM
I heard about this movie from Comic Con when they were promoting the Alice in Wonderland movie. Guillermo del Toro was there signing a flyer for the movie Haunted Mansion and I thought it was not a Disney movie because this one is supposed to be really scary horror movie? either way it's been a few years now and still nothing. I really doubt they would close HM forever maybe for a private night screening of the movie or something cool like that with the movie.

animal24
04-18-2012, 04:41 PM
I really hope they keep the california one the way it is.. "Stock" They can do whatever the heck they want with florida. :p

AnotherJenny
04-18-2012, 06:51 PM
I heard about this movie from Comic Con when they were promoting the Alice in Wonderland movie. Guillermo del Toro was there signing a flyer for the movie Haunted Mansion and I thought it was not a Disney movie because this one is supposed to be really scary horror movie? either way it's been a few years now and still nothing. I really doubt they would close HM forever maybe for a private night screening of the movie or something cool like that with the movie.

At D23 in 2009 they announced that Guillermo de Toro is the head of their new "scary movie" label.

Anyway, I saw the Haunted Mansion teaser posters at Comic Con 2 years ago. They looked really cool, I wish I had gotten one. I was hoping that the next year he'd come back and announce the movie. Maybe this year...

Ohthatjeff
04-19-2012, 08:14 AM
I thought the movie was okay, but I liked the premise of the video game instead. (A vengeful spirit traps the resident ghosts and attempts to control the afterlife to take on the world of the living.)

wabby1
04-20-2012, 10:23 AM
Sorry, but I'm a purist. I don't like "enhancements." I didn't support the Jack Sparrow additions to POC....I loved the original, undisturbed CLASSIC version. I do love POC now....but I prefer the old.

The same with the Haunted Mansion. Don't touch it.....leave it alone. Can you imagine going on it and not hearing Paul Frees as the Ghost Host and his "Welcome Foolish Mortals" greeting? I sure hope it doesn't come to that.

Yes, I do like the Nightmare Before Christmas version, but not like the original.