PDA

View Full Version : Food & Wine Festival?

pdanna
04-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Any news on the Food & Wine Festival coming back in 2013? I sure do miss it!

dban3
04-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Any news on the Food & Wine Festival coming back in 2013? I sure do miss it!

I'm begging here. Please, please, please bring it back. Unfortunately the rumor is, unlike its very successful Walt Disney World counterpart, the Disneyland Resort made very little money off the event. The WDW version would draw big spenders into the resorts. At the DLR, the event was primarily attended by local residents. But I enjoyed it enormously and I'm not a local. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

lilfaeriebrat
04-17-2012, 06:21 AM
I'm begging here. Please, please, please bring it back. Unfortunately the rumor is, unlike its very successful Walt Disney World counterpart, the Disneyland Resort made very little money off the event. The WDW version would draw big spenders into the resorts. At the DLR, the event was primarily attended by local residents. But I enjoyed it enormously and I'm not a local. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

That'd be horrible if the rumors are true. I know all their special dinners and events would sell out so I don't know how they can say it wasn't successful. I could never get get tickets to the brunches that I wanted to go to.

carolinakid
04-17-2012, 08:07 AM
Maybe they could make the Disneyland festival an international one as at Epcot rather than strictly California cuisine. That might increase interest/attendance.

The Epcot Food & Wine Festival is spectacular. I've gone 5 years in a row and I love it!

houseofmouse
04-17-2012, 09:38 AM
I was there one year for Food and Wine. I liked the different foods that were on certain menus. I am not a wine person but there were a lot of people there enjoying the different wines. It gave the park a different vibe, an Epcot like vibe if you will. An International food and wine is a good idea. :)

Sleeping Beauty's mom
04-17-2012, 09:44 AM
please, please bring it back, I miss it too!