PDA

View Full Version : Great Fire Light Of Doom! (on Tom Sawyer Island)

MonorailMan
07-08-2003, 02:02 AM
After seeing yesterday's update, this (http://www.mpimages.net/dlr/compressed/Disneyland/Frontierland/FortWildernessFire-070403-AVP.jpg) picture really caught my eye.

I can't believe that Disney would fall that low, as to put up lights, and call it "fire". It may look nice at night, but, the light's are tacky city. :mad:

Even though, I think there staging lights, for the Circlevision missile silo. :) :~D

Also these (http://www.mpimages.net/dlr/compressed/DCA/Special_Events/X_Games/XGFacilities-AVP.jpg) temporary huts, look better than all of the Adventureland ones combined.

justagrrl
07-08-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan

I can't believe that Disney would fall that low, as to put up lights, and call it "fire". It may look nice at night, but, the light's are tacky city. :mad:

Isn't that what all the fire is in Pirates? (lights and not "real" fire) Not to argue with you though - I think it's rather tacky myself. I guess it's better then nothing at all.

Lani
07-08-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by justagrrl
Isn't that what all the fire is in Pirates? (lights and not "real" fire)True, but on Pirates, one cannot see the actual lights in the area where the town is burning down, and that area is dark and controlled. I haven't seen it yet so I don't know if the lights on TSI are on during the day, but with their replacement I highly doubt it looks like the cabin's on fire during the day.

DisneyFan25863
07-08-2003, 09:40 AM
Okay, fine. I'll tell you all why those lights are there. You see, the fort is actually a classified miltary installation. Those lights are actually there to guide the F-18's at night into the underground runway. We had to close the fort so that people would not be suspicious when they saw missle silo's in each of the towers. So don't complain when you see these lights, it's a matter of national security.

Andrew
07-08-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
So don't complain when you see these lights, it's a matter of national security.

Hey! You weren't supposed to tell!

refurbmike
07-08-2003, 10:43 AM
Since the Fort closes at night, I can only assume that the lights are on during the day.

And in POTC, they use all type of reflectors to shatter the light and make it resemble a fire. It seems here, they're just giving off a "fiery" glow.

mrfantasmic
07-08-2003, 06:01 PM
hmm... that's interesting... they could have at least hidden it inside the fort and seen what it looked like...
Oh well... at least it's glowing!