PDA

View Full Version : Email System for Disney Dining

Drince88
04-12-2012, 10:32 AM
I found this interesting (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?181366-New-Disney-Dining-Email-System-to-Serve-Disneyland-Resort-Guests). Announcement of an addition to making dining reservations via email. Full blog is here (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/04/new-disney-dining-email-system-to-serve-disneyland-resort-guests/?CMP=SOC-DLRUSENFY12Q2FBDM0321).

One part of me is taken aback that they're adding an EMAIL option in this day and age, with something that has limited availability -- when WDW has already gone to an online reservation system. Another part of me is glad that DL isn't trying to do an online system when all their online reservation systems seem to crash from the load consistently.

I find it interesting (ok, odd) that they just want you to tell them if you want Breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Sometimes time (within 1/2 hour) is much more important to me than specific location.

cstephens
04-12-2012, 11:16 AM
I read the entry this morning, and I'll admit I don't really get it. It seems entirely more cumbersome and less flexible than just calling Disney Dining. The only advantage I can see would be for international folk who don't want to have to sit on the phone for that amount of time using up long distance, or who don't want to have to call in what would be the middle of the night for them.

I know DL doesn't have nearly the amount of restaurants that WDW has, but I wish they'd implement the same online system here. Using that system to make WDW dining reservations is so much easier than it used to be.

olegc
04-12-2012, 02:13 PM
what I noticed was the comment that requests will be reviewed the same day - but no note that placing them for the same day is either discouraged or not probable. Hmm..

I for one may use it - only because I sit on my laptop all day for work, and don't own a smart phone, so for me to fire and forget it for a reservation makes more sense. of course - if you favorite place is booked you will have to send a second email for an alternate choice.

Courtney Anne
08-20-2012, 08:18 PM
I am going to email them this week because the easiest time for me to do anything is late at night when my toddlers are sleeping :) I will update when I hear back from them. I have some specific times and locations I want doe to my anal-retentive OCD planning tendencies :eyeroll:

mkraemer
08-20-2012, 08:41 PM
I've used the email system for quite a few dining reservations, and I have to say...I like it a lot! It sure does beat sitting on hold, and I can send in a request whenever I want, without having to be concerned if the dining reservation CMs are at work.

I've received prompt answers and generally had good luck with getting the reservations I've wanted.

mrsdisney68
08-21-2012, 03:21 AM
I've used the email system for quite a few dining reservations, and I have to say...I like it a lot! It sure does beat sitting on hold, and I can send in a request whenever I want, without having to be concerned if the dining reservation CMs are at work.

I've received prompt answers and generally had good luck with getting the reservations I've wanted.

The 60 day window still applys right?

AVP
08-21-2012, 07:40 AM
I've used the email system for quite a few dining reservations, and I have to say...I like it a lot! It sure does beat sitting on hold, and I can send in a request whenever I want, without having to be concerned if the dining reservation CMs are at work.I'm not a fan. They're too unpredictable in terms of response times - sometimes they e-mail you right back, and other times it can take hours, even at the same time of day.

My favorite has to be that time we tried to use the e-mail system for reservations for dinner with Mary. When they finally replied to me, it was to say that the restaurant we wanted was fully booked for the evening.

Of course, while we waited for a reply we had decided to just walk to the restaurant in question and see if they had any openings. I got the "no open tables" e-mail just as we were being seated for dinner - at the "fully booked" restaurant.

So not only is the service slower than calling the Dine Line, it appears to not be terribly accurate.

AVP

Courtney Anne
08-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Is it 60 days from the last day of your trip ? We are at 61 days from the day we drive there and then obviously a few more days until the end of our 4 days there.

tea4two
08-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Is it 60 days from the last day of your trip ? We are at 61 days from the day we drive there and then obviously a few more days until the end of our 4 days there.

It is 60 days from the date that you want for your reservation.

Courtney Anne
08-22-2012, 03:22 PM
It is 60 days from the date that you want for your reservation.

Ok - thanks - I guess I will wait until we are 60 days out from the last day of our trip so I can do it in one email.

Courtney Anne
08-26-2012, 09:20 PM
YEA !!! I have reservations for our trip. I emailed them at 5:51 pm and I got a reply back at 6:39pm. There is one time that is a little earlier than I was thinking but I am sure I can call and switch it. I am getting so excited. There are only 57 sleeps left :) I need to get working on these costumes :eek: