PDA

View Full Version : Country Bears close Sept. 9th!?

Pages : [1] 2

TP2000
08-22-2001, 01:11 PM
I just read Al's update today. He says that the Country Bears will now close on September 9th, according to an internal refurbishment schedule.

Paul Pressler stated in an interview earlier this summer that he would give "plenty of warning" if the Bears were going to close for good.

Is this what is considered "plenty of warning"? By quietly putting the Bears on a refurbishment calendar that Guests wouldn't see only 3 weeks before it happens? Disneyland.com has no information about this refurbishment. Is this how the Bears close down for good at Disneyland, under the shadow of a last minute, falsified refurbishment schedule?

That's pretty sneak! How many days (not months or even weeks) notice will they give us before the Bears close? They have to let out a Pooh press release eventually!

Very sneaky.

Ralph Wiggum
08-22-2001, 01:27 PM
Well..Al never specified if his sources told him that they would use the refurbishment to close the ride, he might just be guessing(unless i missed something). Hopefully they give a little more notice.

Napsto
08-22-2001, 02:17 PM
out with the old, in with the new!

no1here
08-22-2001, 03:16 PM
Keep your eyes peeled for the Country Bear Permanent Vacation Hoedown. It will be a sad day. . .

Napsto
08-22-2001, 03:19 PM
i don't get it.

Napsto
08-22-2001, 03:23 PM
now i get it!

Ralph Wiggum
08-22-2001, 03:26 PM
I think no1here meant that they will be on a perm vacation...meaning they will be gone forever...meaning no more bears...meaning..

Napsto
08-22-2001, 03:28 PM
thanks big D

Ralph Wiggum
08-22-2001, 03:31 PM
No prob bob!!

pullmyfinger.com
08-23-2001, 06:13 PM
Folks, this is a classic use of a rumor in a failed attempt to generate attendence to the park.

As quoted in Hollywood Reporter a few weeks back, the Country Bear Show will be getting a makeover for the new COUNTRY BEAR Movie coming out next year.

Please, folks, let us utilize common sense here: why would Disney cloase down forever an attraction when a movie version of the attraction is opening? IT IS NOT HAPPENING!

My friends, I would love 5 cents for the number of times Al has said something is closing FOREVER when it is not. Let's begin with Fantasmic. And Mr. Lincoln. Etc, etc, etc.

BEARS IS NOT CLOSING FOREVER! I REPEAT! BEARS IS NOT CLOSING FOREVER! YOU READ IT HERE FIRST!!

I still love mouseplanet though. Much better than Doody's site.:cool:

JRob2k1
08-23-2001, 06:42 PM
So what happens when The Country Bears closes for a "rehab" on the 9th and never awakes from hibernation.(get it) The Country Bear "rehab" had no end date....what does that say??? Any other rehab/makeover has a set date that it will re-open.

Sounds like the Rocket Rods too me...

Who knows until Sept. 9th, but I would recommend EVERYONE who wants to see the CBJ, to go see it before September 9th...just so you arent disappointed when a piece of Pooh might replace it!!;)

Dont say Disney didnt warn you...:rolleyes:

-JRob

JRob2k1
08-23-2001, 07:04 PM
Click HERE (http://www.mouseinfo.com/news/story.php?id=22) and you will se the OFFICIAL press release from Disney that states the Country Bears will be closing September 9th!!

I think somebody owes Al an apology......;)

-JRob

Ralph Wiggum
08-23-2001, 07:18 PM
"We are constantly in the process of refreshing and updating our parks with new shows and attractions," said Cynthia Harriss, president of the DISNEYLAND Resort. "The Country Bears have been a part of DISNEYLAND for nearly 30 years, and we feel it is time give our cast of bears a well-deserved rest and create a brand new attraction for our guests to enjoy." -Cynthia Harris

Sounds like a "Glowing away forever" statement

JRob2k1
08-23-2001, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Ralph Wiggum
Sounds like a "Glowing away forever" statement

Hopefully they will "glow away forever" towards DCA....Just like a certain Electrical Parade!

-JRob

FantasmicFan82
08-23-2001, 07:20 PM
Lets all chain ourselves to the hand rails in the theaters.

Ralph Wiggum
08-23-2001, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by JRob2k1

Hopefully they will "glow away forever" towards DCA....Just like a certain Electrical Parade!

-JRob

Exactly what i meant..

JRob2k1
08-23-2001, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Ralph Wiggum

Exactly what i meant..

Me fail english...that's um-possible!! I hear you loud and clear now buddy...sorry!!

-JRob

no1here
08-23-2001, 09:03 PM
"Please, folks, let us utilize common sense here: why would Disney cloase down forever an attraction when a movie version of the attraction is opening? IT IS NOT HAPPENING!"

But it is happening. . .
I don't think that new movie is even remotely related to the attraction. RIP Country Bears :(

pullmyfinger.com
08-23-2001, 10:18 PM
I never said Bears was not closing. If you read my post, this Bears show will go down with a whole new Country Bear attraction opening that will tie into the movie.

Do note that no new ride was announced. If Pooh were coming, wouldn't this have been the perfect time for an announcement?
Remember, when TOAD closed down in Orlando, every knew this was being replaced with Pooh. This was public (vs. rumored) knowledge.

Here is what is happening and, rmemeber, you read it here first!:

The press release was sent out, people will flock the attraction, buy admissions, etc., then, in around a couple of months, an ALL NEW COUNTRY BEAR SHOW will be announced. Notice the creative way miss Harris mentioned that it's time to give the Bears a rest. That sounds like a Main Street Electrical Parade "Spin" to me!

Stand bye for an ALL-NEW Country Bear Attraction based on the movie featuring the vocal talents of Haley Joel Osment.

Cut/Paste this, save it, then say to yourself, DAMN, he was right!!!!!

pullmyfinger.com
08-23-2001, 10:21 PM
Note the clever wording. Nowhere do you see that COUNTRY BEARS is leaving forever. Just a makeover.

The “Country Bear Playhouse” attraction in DISNEYLAND® park that features more than 20 “Audio-Animatronics®” bears
wielding banjos and fiddles and singing fractured tunes about their “beary” amusing adventures, will lower the curtain on its
29-year run on Sunday, September 9, 2001. The longtime attraction will be making way for an undisclosed future attraction
that is still in development.

The classic attraction has had a varied history during its three-decade engagement at the park. “Country Bear Playhouse”
premiered in 1972 as the “Country Bear Jamboree” in what was then known as Bear Country, and was the first attraction to be
re-created from a similar show at Walt Disney World in Florida, which had opened the previous year. For the 1984 holiday
season, “Country Bear Jamboree” made a festive transition into the “Country Bear Christmas Show” and marked another first:
the “Country Bear Christmas Show” became the first existing “Audio-Animatronics” attraction at DISNEYLAND to be
re-programmed into a whole new show. This holiday version of the attraction has been a special presentation during many of
the past 17 Yuletide seasons.

It was in 1989 that the Bear Country land was re-themed to Critter Country to reflect the addition of the fun-filled “Splash
Mountain” flume-ride attraction. In 1986, a new daily version of the show starring the Country Bears made its debut in the form
of the current “Country Bear Vacation Hoedown,” and it is this edition that will continue until its finale on September 9th.

"We are constantly in the process of refreshing and updating our parks with new shows and attractions," said Cynthia Harriss,
president of the DISNEYLAND Resort. "The Country Bears have been a part of DISNEYLAND for nearly 30 years, and we feel
it is time give our cast of bears a well-deserved rest and create a brand new attraction for our guests to enjoy."

merlinjones
08-23-2001, 11:42 PM
Walt's spinning corpse has now been joined by Marc Davis's. Double turbines to fuel Disneyland during blackouts? Those accountaneers don't miss a trick!

merlinjones
08-23-2001, 11:49 PM
>>"We are constantly in the process of refreshing and updating our parks with new shows and attractions," said Cynthia Harriss, <<

Constantly? When was that? Did I miss something?

Why not start by updating all of those EMPTY buildings, tracks, rivers and lagoons on the East side of the park with new shows and attractions, Ms. Harriss?

"Disneyland will never be completed until there are no attractions left in the world."

EandCDad
08-24-2001, 06:54 AM
Well pullmyfinger, with all the credibility you have built up on these boards, I don't see why no one is flocking to your corner on this issue.

The following quote from the press release must have escaped your attention "The longtime attraction will be making way for an undisclosed future attraction that is still in development," and this one from Cynthia Harriss "and create a brand new attraction for our guests to enjoy."

"Brand new attraction", "undisclosed future attraction" sure sounds like they are putting something new there, not just remaking the country bear show. Now sure, you could take that to mean that it will be a new county bears show and that's fine, I actually hope they don't close it, but the press release seems to be supporting everything Al and other websites have said about the attraction. But you seem to imply that the press release suports "just a makeover." It clearly does not. I will cut and paste your comment, and when they announce the new Pooh ride, I'll post it again.

pullmyfinger.com
08-24-2001, 11:21 AM
...I do hope the administrator takes notice of the previous poster.

A brand new attraction does not necessarily mean a total redo of the attraction. Keep your eyes out for a totally new COUNTRY BEAR REDO!

Incidentally, there is plenty of space at the old Bar-B-Q area and the Festival Stage and behind Country Bears? Also, check out the area by Skyway Fantasyland. A great area for a ride.

Andrew
08-24-2001, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by pullmyfinger.com
...I do hope the administrator takes notice of the previous poster.

I didn't see any personal attacks in the post by EandCDad. All users are reminded to please observe the TOS rules and guidelines when posting.