PDA

View Full Version : Best pool?

msr709
07-07-2003, 05:42 AM
Regarding ONLY the surrounding hotels at DL, i.e., Harbor Blvd, Katella, Garden Grove, etc. Which hotel would you consider has the best pool? I know that the onsite hotels have wonderful pools but they are way off my budget, and a pool is a big consideration for me. Can anyone give their suggestions? I will be there 7/30 to 8/4 and I would love to swim a little each day. TIA:D

raider
07-07-2003, 07:49 AM
My favorite "off site" pool is the one at West Coast Anaheim Plaza! Big, clean pool with a poolside bar and snacks....(and, of course, a hot tub)
:D

CarlieB
07-07-2003, 01:03 PM
The Anabella has a nice pool area. The main pool is quite large, with lots of lounge chairs, complimentary towels and a nice hot tub. It gets plenty of sun. The adults pool is a bit smaller and tucked away. It tends not to get as much sun, so we didn't really use it as much.

Leap for Joy
07-07-2003, 04:29 PM
I'm surprised that no one has suggested the Howard Johnson yet. I haven't stayed there, but lots of people rave about it.
:) Melinda

CarlieB
07-07-2003, 04:38 PM
We stayed at the HoJo in 2000 and the pool was nice. I think it's been upgraded since then, so it's probably lovely:)

hmbldr
07-07-2003, 05:15 PM
HoJo's pool is being completely refurbished. It's due to open by mid August. Their second nice but smaller pool is still open for now.

msr709
07-08-2003, 10:46 AM
I actually have reservations at the HOJO but am a little dissappointed that the big pool will still be closed while I'm there, that's why I was asking about other hotel's pools. Thanks for all your suggestions, if anyone has any more please post. I'm looking at Marriott and now I'm off to check out The Anabella. Thanks again. :D

Hojoanaheim
07-08-2003, 11:34 AM
We're hoping for a "soft opening" the last week of July. We'll keep the boards posted and maybe leak some progress photos very soon...

scaeagles
07-08-2003, 12:56 PM
I see this is about offsite hotels, but as I'm going to the GC in 3 weeks, what are the pools there like? There are no pics on the DL website - just info that there are 3 of them.

scaeagles
07-08-2003, 12:57 PM
Shoot - my apologies - I should have read the OP more closely. Sorry for going way off the intended topic.

disNeytEen
07-08-2003, 03:44 PM
Well i would also like to know what the All Star Sports pools are like

laldava
07-08-2003, 04:00 PM
I think there are 3 pools at the GC. I stayed there once. I remember the redwood pool. That one is very nice, but more family oriented and great for kids. There's a water slide there and everything. The slide goes around a fake redwood tree and rocks. Also right next to it is Whitewater Snacks which is this relatively cheap snack bar and grill. I think it has some of the best value food within the entire resort as it is not too overpriced and is decent. I think the other two are quiet pools. All 3 are very nice. But definately do the Redwood pool with kids.

Alpha1mom
07-09-2003, 04:05 AM
We stayed at the Anaheim Inn & Suites in Sept.
Hotel wasn't nothing fancy (fairly cheap) but the pool was great!
I think almost olympic size and every night after DL, my daughter and my self had the pool totally to ourselves, I mean no one else!
(but Sept is also off season)

Good Luck and have a great time!!!

(We're going back in Dec)

msr709
07-09-2003, 04:49 AM
Alpha1Mom, is the Anaheim Inn & Suites within walking distance? Where is that located? I'm not so much interested in fancy as in a nice pool. Thanks for your replies everyone.:D

Alpha1mom
07-09-2003, 05:03 AM
Hi,

It's 1/2 a block away! Totally easy to walk. (I would say, even with little kids)

:cool:

msr709
07-09-2003, 05:06 AM
Thanks Alpha1Mom, I'm going to look into that one! These boards are wonderful!:D

Alpha1mom
07-09-2003, 05:12 AM
Actually called the Anaheim Plaza Hotel & Suites:

1700 S. Harbor Blvd.

Anaheim, CA 92802

The Anaheim Plaza Hotel is a tourist-class hotel located directly across from Disneyland's main entrance, the new California Adventure and just one block from the Anaheim Convention Center. The hotel offers outstanding convenience, as well as recreational facilities that include an Olympic-size heated outdoor swimming pool. The Anaheim Plaza Hotel also features a popular restaurant, Mi Casita Bar and Grill.

The facilities offered by this hotel are extensive, yet the nightly rate offered by the Anaheim Plaza is quite modest, making it a good value for anyone vacationing or attending a convention in the area. The guest rooms are spacious and equipped with the standard amenities.

Besides a swimming pool, the Anaheim Plaza offers a whirlpool, and there is a game room onsite. Other great amenities include car rental, laundry facilities, dry cleaning and spacious free parking

The Anaheim Plaza Hotel is convenient to fine dining, shopping and entertainment venues.

Hojoanaheim
07-21-2003, 09:43 PM
Here is an update of the Hojo pool renovation
http://www.hojoanaheim.com/pool_slideshow.htm

msr709
07-22-2003, 06:42 AM
Thanks to all for your responses, as it turns out HoJo's pool WILL be open for my stay so I'm keeping my reservations!! It will be opening on my birthday!!!! I can't wait!:D :D :D

disneynut
07-22-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Hojoanaheim
Here is an update of the Hojo pool renovation
http://www.hojoanaheim.com/pool_slideshow.htm

The kids will have a ball in those fountains. The turtle's just too cute! I'm guessing that if you are hoping for a soft opening the last week of July, the pool and fountain will definitely be ready to go by the 3rd week of August? We're looking at booking a room at the Hojo then and my children would love those fountains.