PDA

View Full Version : Waves @ Paradise Pier?

donatello3000
07-06-2003, 11:33 PM
I was just thinking about our trip there last weekend... What happened to the waves at Paradise Pier (the ones near the CS launch area)? I saw it on my first visit to the park (April), but my second time there (last weekend), they were missing. It sucked too, cause two of use were telling the other two in our group (who have never been to DCA before) that there were waves, and once we got there, there weren't any. Anybody have any links to pics with the waves? Cause they wanna see.

Darkbeer
07-07-2003, 12:33 AM
Supposely the waves affect the stage set up in the bay for the X games, so as long as the stage is being used, you won't have the waves......

RStar
07-07-2003, 05:57 PM
As I recall, the waves affected the loading and unloading of people on the stage more than the stage itself. But anything in the water (like the christmas show props, ect.) have dissrupted the waves, which I think sucks.

When I went to a cast preview of the park, the waves went all over the bay making it look like the ocean all over it, and hiding the shallowness of the bay as well. But even before the park opened they turned down the wave machine.:(

donatello3000
07-07-2003, 09:45 PM
Aww... stinks. Cause we're going back to the park on Saturday. Guess they won't see them then. We also have another trip planned for September, so hopefully they come back.

That would be cool to have the waves go all the way across. I thought it was kinda lame that it was at just that end of Paradise Pier. I had a DLR Vacation video, and they didn't show any waves at all.