PDA

View Full Version : Ugh! It's gone...

GoldenEars
07-06-2003, 07:48 PM
I was at DCA on July 4th and throughout the day I kept noticing something different, but couldn't put my finger on what it was.

Then it finally hit me...HARD! I was having ice cream outside the Burr-bank Ice Cream Shop with my boyfriend and was finding it difficult to carry on a decent conversation. I was finding myself talking louder and louder and then realized why I was doing so.

Disney changed the whole music theme in the Sunshine Plaza area to this HORRIBLE rock music!! There were no lyrics, just this VERY loud, pulsating, rock beat. I kept wondering where the fun music was of the Beach Boys and other old time songs that used to play in that area.

So I went to Guest Relations and asked. And apparently, Disney changed the music (to rock) in conjunction with the X games that are going on right now. Of course, I voiced my complaint and told them that the rock music has nothing to do with the California theme and that it's way too loud and annoying!

Unfortunately, the rock music will stay as long as the X games do, unless of course, they get enough complaints from guests! I for one wish they did NOT have the X games and that they should have just kept the Eureka parade like they were supposed to!

The only bright side to the X games is that it won't last too long and the REAL music will be brought back to the Sunshine Plaza! So for now, I guess I'll just make sure to stay in Hollywood if I want to carry on a conversation. Thank God that area has not been touched by the *X* and that the music is the same!

OK, thanks for letting me vent, I feel better now!:D And by the way, my boyfriend and I had a blast at the Parks on the 4th. Even tho the crowds were massive (especially at Disneyland), it was still a FUN time! The 6:15 performance of Aladdin was excellent (and the new guy playing Aladdin was really cute too). And the fireworks that night were awesome, especially the special patriotic portion at the end.

Hope everyone had a terrific 4th of July weekend!!!

Patrick:D

MonorailMan
07-06-2003, 08:42 PM
Yes, the padders saw fireworX, after a fab dinner. They've bumped up the volume, and added the rock style music.

At least we didn't have to hear "Do you know the way to San Jose..." during the fireworks. ;)

(Strange, I never referred to them as "Belive..." when I see them outside the park)

Not Afraid
07-06-2003, 10:12 PM
I may be wrong, but I was assuming that the music change was just going to be for the duration of the X Games Xtravaganzzzza. Gotta make thos hip young boarders think that DCA is the bomb.:rolleyes:

HBTiggerFan
07-06-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Gotta make thos hip young boarders think that DCA is the bomb.:rolleyes:

not "the bomb". Da bomb. :rolleyes:

;)

MonorailMan
07-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Gotta make thos hip young boarders think that DCA is the bomb.:rolleyes:

See, this is exactly what people know as "not Disney". Who likes to harass me at school, with my Disney obsession? The stereotypical skateboard, cool, "hip" students.

Everything feels so wrong. :(

ryguy
07-07-2003, 12:08 AM
Hey now I skate and surf and i dig rock, and i think I'm one of the biggest disney freaks anyone has meet. X-games are more calfornian than anything theyve added in a long time

sm_cm
07-07-2003, 01:08 AM
Ryguy- I completely agree. I am loving the X-games atmosphere at DCA.

DisneyFan25863
07-07-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
See, this is exactly what people know as "not Disney". Who likes to harass me at school, with my Disney obsession? The stereotypical skateboard, cool, "hip" students.

Everything feels so wrong. :(

Same here :(

Bill Catherall
07-07-2003, 11:44 AM
The rock I can handle if it fits the theme (and I can see how it would). But they turned up the volume on music that was already too loud? Yeesh! :rolleyes:

bluepearl
07-07-2003, 08:45 PM
I stopped into DCA a few days ago when I got off early, and noticed the new music. I like punk music, so I definitely liked the change. It's not something I would want permanently, but it was a temporary change I accepted and enjoy.

pixiepal
07-07-2003, 09:22 PM
I honestly never thought I'd hear Guns-N-Roses' "Welcome to the Jungle" blasting at a Disney park.
Not that I really minded, though. :rolleyes:

GoldenEars
07-07-2003, 09:52 PM
Gee, it looks like I'm being out numbered here on MousePad in regard to the rock music...:D But then again, I can see where the real younger crowd would enjoy that type of music, so for them it's a real treat!

But for someone like me who's in their 30's, I much prefer to hear *Do You Know The Way To San Jose* over and over again, LOL! And I know that's not saying much, cuz even when I was much younger, I didn't like rock music either.

OK, OK...you can all stop laughing at me now!:cool:

Patrick

bluepearl
07-08-2003, 12:33 AM
Welcome to the Jungle? :shudder: I'm not much of a G'nR fan, but I like the more recent punk stuff. However, I do agree that the volume is really loud and I immediately thought that Guest Relations would get concerns over that. If I had received a phone call during that time I'm sure I never would've heard the person calling!

And it's all good, Patrick. ;) I like to think I'm a very ecclectic person and I enjoy Natalie Cole's rendition of Route 66 (I always have, too!).