PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Ears

Pages : [1] 2

TTFN92
04-07-2012, 06:45 AM
If I buy my DS a pair of the graduation mouse ears from the Disney Store online, can he take them to the park this summer and get his name put on them? I would just buy them when we go in June but I don't want them to be sold out.

MammaSilva
04-07-2012, 06:59 AM
Just bring your receipt from the online order and you should be fine.

letshavefun
04-07-2012, 07:11 AM
If I buy my DS a pair of the graduation mouse ears from the Disney Store online, can he take them to the park this summer and get his name put on them? I would just buy them when we go in June but I don't want them to be sold out.

I'm thinking about doing this too, we're taking my sons GF for the first time in July she graduates in June and her bday is in August. I have looked at the mouse ears for both grad and bday but can't decide my son says she won't wear either. Is there an I'm celebrating pair? maybe if we wear those she will join the fun.

TTFN92
04-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Just bring your receipt from the online order and you should be fine.
Great! Thanx! :)

TTFN92
04-07-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm thinking about doing this too, we're taking my sons GF for the first time in July she graduates in June and her bday is in August. I have looked at the mouse ears for both grad and bday but can't decide my son says she won't wear either. Is there an I'm celebrating pair? maybe if we wear those she will join the fun.
How does he know she won't wear them? People do things they wouldn't do in normal life when they get to the park and get enveloped by the magic.

MadasaHatter
04-07-2012, 03:59 PM
How does he know she won't wear them? People do things they wouldn't do in normal life when they get to the park and get enveloped by the magic.

I bought my best friend ears one time and she never wore them. Not even in the parks. I made her put them on for a picture. So my advice is wait until you get in to the parks and then if she still says no buy her something she will love and treasure!

letshavefun
04-07-2012, 04:52 PM
I bought my best friend ears one time and she never wore them. Not even in the parks. I made her put them on for a picture. So my advice is wait until you get in to the parks and then if she still says no buy her something she will love and treasure!

Sounds like a good idea. I think my son probably knows best if she would wear them or not, Maybe she'll wear a pin.

tea4two
04-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Sounds like a good idea. I think my son probably knows best if she would wear them or not, Maybe she'll wear a pin.

You can always give her a gift card with a note suggesting that it be used in the Mad Hatter -- they have non-ears hats (e.g. the little Alice themed top hats, headbands, etc.). Maybe she would wear a headband? Or she might feel more comfortable with a character t-shirt. The Fortuosity Shop and Vault 28 have lots of cute, non-hat wearables, too. At least she will be able to pick the item she likes best, hat or something else to wear, so she will feel at ease wearing whatever it is. And don't forget to get her a celebration button from City Hall for her graduation!

letshavefun
04-07-2012, 06:36 PM
A gift card is a great idea, she is a tiny little thing but loves to eat can she use a gift card at food places? I'm buying all the meals but it would be nice if she could get snacks or what not on her own.

So sorry to TTFN92 for getting side tracked, I'll move on or start a new thread.

tea4two
04-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Here is the link for the Disney Gift Card Home Page: https://www.disneygiftcard.com/home/

I would think that a gift card could be used for food (TS and CS, not sure about ODV), but I would double check anyway.

TTFN92
04-08-2012, 02:50 PM
I don't care. I still like the idea of getting her mouse ears for graduation. I've gotten my niece and nephews the graduation plush because they were at the Disney Store. I wanted to get them the ears but never ordered them in time. I think they are cute to just put on a shelf, just like a plush, even if she doesn't wear them. I guess it depends what kind of gift you want to get her. Do you want it to be something useful, like the gift card or something that she will always have and be a keepsake, like the ears. I'm more of a keepsake person but others aren't.

letshavefun
04-08-2012, 03:10 PM
I really think the ears would be fun too. I saw a pair I really liked but can't find them now they had a little grad hat between the ears. The only one I can find now is the big hat with the ears on it. (I think) But I also like the idea of a gift card for her, she isn't working so won't have much spending money so with a gift card she can get stuff she wants without having to ask someone for it.
Maybe I'll do both.

SigalTchelet
04-09-2012, 06:51 AM
I really think the ears would be fun too. I saw a pair I really liked but can't find them now they had a little grad hat between the ears. The only one I can find now is the big hat with the ears on it. (I think) But I also like the idea of a gift card for her, she isn't working so won't have much spending money so with a gift card she can get stuff she wants without having to ask someone for it.
Maybe I'll do both.

I just got an email from Disney Store with Graduation 2012 merchandise for a limited time. The ears hat you wanted with the grad cap is on there. There is also a t shirt and sweat shirt she might like instead. Check it out: http://www.disneystore.com/mn/1009701/?CMP=EMC-eml&att=20120409_ParksGradNite_Geo&RRID=13480885

letshavefun
04-09-2012, 09:49 AM
I just got an email from Disney Store with Graduation 2012 merchandise for a limited time. The ears hat you wanted with the grad cap is on there. There is also a t shirt and sweat shirt she might like instead. Check it out: http://www.disneystore.com/mn/1009701/?CMP=EMC-eml&att=20120409_ParksGradNite_Geo&RRID=13480885

Thanks I got this one too but the hat is not the one I want. I was wrong the one I saw was a headband with a little grad hat between the 2 ears. I searched the whole store and could not find it again, maybe it sold out. Silly me I shouild of just bought it when I saw it.

tea4two
04-09-2012, 01:41 PM
... I searched the whole store and could not find it again, maybe it sold out. Silly me I shouild of just bought it when I saw it.

Maybe try MouseShoppe to see if they have it or can get it for you?

MadasaHatter
04-10-2012, 07:48 AM
So what mouse ears do y'alls have!?!?!?

OK, I first bought the GOLDEN EARS for the 50th and got hooked.
Then I bought the PIRATE EARS first version with the red bandana (My sis bought the pink Pirate Princess ones)
Then when my Mom and Dad came out we all bought the CLASSIC BLACK EARS
For Xmas the first time we bought the PLUTO REINDEER ANTLER EARS.
Next year a SANTA MICKEY EARS version with snowflakes on ears.
A friend bought me the SNOW MAN EARS also.
I also got the PUMPKIN MICKEY for Hallowe'en time.
Some friends kids picked out SEQUINED MINNIE MOUSE PINK ears. I only ever wear those on gay days for, um obvious reasons.
Let's see I also bought the BUILD YOUR OWN EARS with the fireworks castle for an evening wear look
......and the coup de gras (did I spell that right Francophiles?) the SHAG EARSHaunted Mansion limited edition ears in a crazy cool satin lined hat box. I love those ears.

candles71
04-10-2012, 07:54 AM
We tried to get the grad cap for B last year in park. We had had no issue with G's the year before, or another friends a couple of years before that. B? Nothing. We asked they said they were only putting them out during Grad nights and they kept selling out of them. So, he didn't get his.

letshavefun
04-10-2012, 08:17 AM

Then I bought the PIRATE EARS first version with the red bandana (My sis bought the pink Pirate Princess ones)
Some friends kids picked out SEQUINED MINNIE MOUSE PINK ears. I only ever wear those on gay days for, um obvious reasons.
Let's see I also bought the BUILD YOUR OWN EARS with the fireworks castle for an evening wear look
......and the coup de gras (did I spell that right Francophiles?) the SHAG EARSHaunted Mansion limited edition ears in a crazy cool satin lined hat box. I love those ears.

For ears we have a pink princess hat with the veil thing off the top and a red and white pirate hat. But we have lots of hats, when the kiddos were younger it was the one thing they each got on every visit. Sad but we haven't got a hat for a few years now.

letshavefun
04-10-2012, 08:23 AM
We tried to get the grad cap for B last year in park. We had had no issue with G's the year before, or another friends a couple of years before that. B? Nothing. We asked they said they were only putting them out during Grad nights and they kept selling out of them. So, he didn't get his.

Thanks for letting me know this, I was thinking I should just get the one they have now. I'm afraid it won't fit her she has dreads and I think she might have a hard time keeping the grad hat on. For my sons real grad hat we ordered the biggest one they had and he still had to bobby pin it all over the place to keep it on.(he had dreads too)

candles71
04-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Even the grad night day we were there we couldn't find one.

TTFN92
04-10-2012, 08:28 AM
I have the gold, sequined headband, the pink sequined hat and the dream ears. I usually wear the pink ones. We have quite a few in the family though: birthday, green, Mickey's red pants, gold 50th, the ones with different characters on the ears, front and back and the Disney Store 25th silver ones. My oldest son's favorite hat is his Autopia Conehead hat. It's an orange traffic cone. They don't sell it anymore and a couple trips ago someone came up and offered him $40 for it. He told them no way :fez:. I think I want a new hat this time.

That's good to know. I will definitely order one then.

yellowrosedtxn
04-10-2012, 09:39 AM

My first set of ears were the Disneyland 25th anniversary ears. And I have the WDW 25th anniversary ears. Then I have the 50th anniversary Disneyland ears, and a handful of other ears. I really need to see how many different ears I have, but I am so happy to have gotten the 25th anniversary Disneyland ears!

I know that for my daughter, who graduated high school in 2010, I ordered the graduation ears early, just so we had them. We went to WDW that year, but until July because she wanted to do "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" as well, and I didn't want to take the chance that we couldn't find them on-site. Next year she is graduating college and then my second child is graduating high school, so I will keep a look out for things early in the year again just to make sure I can get them.

BlkPearlCptn
04-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Was at the Mad Hatter hat shop this weekend in DL. They had the graduation caps with the ears in there.

letshavefun
04-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Maybe try MouseShoppe to see if they have it or can get it for you?

Thank you mouseshoppe did have a different pair that I ordered. I talked to my son today and said even if she doesn't wear them it will be a good keepsake for her. He thinks the gift card is a great idea too.
Thanks for all the help every one.

TTFN92
04-18-2012, 01:37 PM
A friend of mine ended up going to DL and I had her get me the graduation ears. She just dropped them off. I'm so excited! I had her get me the ears with the grad hat. She said they also had a grad hat with ears that were really cute too. They were $7 more though. Now, if they only had a grad pin.