PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel

DopeyWife
07-06-2003, 04:55 PM
My husband and I are going to stay at the Disneyland Hotel in August (for our anniversary), and we were wondering if there were any special views that we should request. We stayed at the Grand Californian last year and requested a DCA view. Any helpful information about the Disneyland Hotel would be great since we have never stayed there before.

hmbldr
07-06-2003, 07:03 PM
If you're looking for a park view,( DCA,DL, DTD) then request the SierraTower, east facing, odd numbers. West facing would look towards the pool and Anaheim. That is the closest building to the theme parks. The original hotel building, Marina Tower, faces DL to the north and the pool areas to the south. The Bonita Tower at the south end of the complex - north side looks to the pool and south looks toward City of Anaheim.

We just returned from DLH a few days ago, staying in the Sierra tower 9th floor (of 11) facing all the parks. Great evening view.

Disneyfan&mom
07-06-2003, 08:49 PM
I was really disappointed. I called the DLH to request Sierra tower room for our stay this week and I was told that because I booked it as a package deal (through Alaska Airlines) we would get a city view room and they wouldn't be able to accomodate our request (that was the phrase used)

Interesting that the Alaska Air people never mentioned that detail when I booked:-(

Oh well...won't let it ruin our holiday. We've never stayed at DLH so we'll enjoy it no matter....

DopeyWife
07-06-2003, 10:31 PM
Thanks hmbldr. The Sierra Tower sounds like what we were looking for.

HBTiggerFan
07-06-2003, 10:36 PM
Disneyfan&mom, when you go and check in ask them about getting a room with the view that you want. You never know, the person at the desk may be able to work some Disney magic (espically if they have empty rooms)...

And remember, the worst thing they will say is no.

DopeyWife
07-06-2003, 11:23 PM
Any other tips for staying at the Disneyland Hotel? What's the best place to eat there?