PDA

View Full Version : Fall/Halloween plans at DL?

blueckles
07-06-2003, 11:40 AM
I know I've already posted something about the sadness of them taking away "Mickey's Halloween Treat"...but I've been wondering something since then.

Does anyone know if DL or DCA is planning anything special for Halloween this year? :confused:

If they did, I'm sure it would go over rather popular among a lot of people.

Shell

CarlieB
07-06-2003, 01:17 PM
I believe there's a lot of themed stuff around the Haunted Mansion Holiday in DL...not so sure about DCA though.

AVP
07-06-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by blueckles
Does anyone know if DL or DCA is planning anything special for Halloween this year? :confused:
There is a "Resort-Wide Theme Overlay" planned, called "Fall-o-Ween."

No real details about what this entails, but think of it like the "Merriest Place on Earth" promotion - food and merchandise will support the theme.

AVP

CarlieB
07-06-2003, 04:25 PM
That sounds cool - any idea when it will be available?

AVP
07-06-2003, 05:47 PM
My understanding is that Fall-o-Ween is expected to happen during the Labor Day to Thanksgiving gap. I imagine they'll start installing the overlay around September 2, when Mansion closes for the Nightmare overlay. And they will probably start tearing it all out after Halloween, so they can start installing the Christmas decor that has to be in place by the day after Thanksgiving. The official dates will probably be something like October 2 - November 1.

But I heard that the whole program was almost scrapped last month for budget reasons, so who knows what's still going to happen.

AVP

MonorailMan
07-06-2003, 07:45 PM
Let's just hope the bend the rules, just a little, and have some sort of *good* event, that we can wear costumes too. :D

DivaPrincess
07-06-2003, 09:31 PM
Do they allow you to wear costumes to Disneyland on Halloween?

I was just curious, because I have some Princess costumes that look at least as good as the actual characters in DL, so I doubt I would be let in.

MonorailMan
07-06-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by DivaPrincess
Do they allow you to wear costumes to Disneyland on Halloween?

I was just curious, because I have some Princess costumes that look at least as good as the actual characters in DL, so I doubt I would be let in.

No, actually, expect for the little kids, they don't. The standard excuse is that "they don't want little kids confused, on who an actual character is"

The only exception, was last year's Nightmare Before Christmas screening, where there were strict guidelines on what you could wear.

I personally could think of the synergy, if adults could wear costumes on Halloween. Let's just hope for something good this year. :)