PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions wanted!

Disneyfan&mom
07-05-2003, 04:24 PM
3 days till we leave for our Disneyland trip and we are all excited! We are going to have 2 nights at the DLH (never stayed on the resort properties before!)
Any suggestions about how to get the most out of our stay there? I have made a priority seating reservation for Goofy's kitchen for the 3rd morning, after we check out and before we go over to the other hotel we are staying at.

All I have seen of the DLH was our meal at Goofy's last year and we took a peek at the pool too.

Would love to hear any suggestions about the hotel. Anything special we shouldn't miss? This might be our only chance to stay there ...at least for a long time to come.
The kids are 11 and 13. THanks!

danyoung
07-06-2003, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Disneyfan&mom
3 days till we leave for our Disneyland trip and we are all excited! We are going to have 2 nights at the DLH (never stayed on the resort properties before!)
Any suggestions about how to get the most out of our stay there? I have made a priority seating reservation for Goofy's kitchen for the 3rd morning, after we check out and before we go over to the other hotel we are staying at.

All I have seen of the DLH was our meal at Goofy's last year and we took a peek at the pool too.

Would love to hear any suggestions about the hotel. Anything special we shouldn't miss? This might be our only chance to stay there ...at least for a long time to come.
The kids are 11 and 13. THanks!

Depending on your budget, Hook's Pointe is a decent seafood restaurant. And don't miss a walk down thru the waterfalls - there's a "secret" cove way in the back that's pretty cool.

Enjoy!

hmbldr
07-06-2003, 09:59 AM
We just returned from 2 nights at the DLH, July 1-3. Kids are 6,8,13. We had a great time and the kids loved the pool. We took late afternoon breaks back to the hotel for hour long swims. The artwork throughout the hotel is a treat in itself. The main hotel lobby has early vintage Disneyland history and there is a neat wall piece showcasing toys and memorabilia.

Transportation to DL is easy - just take the monorail to Tomorrow land. Walking thru Downtown Disney gets you to DCA. We stayed in the Sierra Building directly facing DL, DTD and DCA. Up high with a great view. Out of 2 weeks in California, this was my best nights sleep.

We also did Goofy's Kitchen on our last check out morning. Lots of characters...Goofy, Pluto, Snow White, Esmarelda, Genie, Baloo.... Good food and wide selection though a bit pricey... eat up and take a few big chocolate chip cookies for the (plane) ride home.

Good luck and have a great time!

julgraham
07-06-2003, 10:15 AM
Don't miss the pool, my kids loved it. And tucked away next to the pool is a small store selling sandwiches and drinks. Once we found it, we had lunch by the pool every day.