PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Resort release costume concept art for the Mad T Party at DCA

Tony
03-23-2012, 11:04 AM
The Disney blog released concept artwork for the costumes being used in the new Mad T Party launching in the Hollywood Backlot at Disney California Adventure. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/03/its-almost-t-time-at-disney-california-adventure-park/ What do you think? Here is the costume concept for the Tweedles.

http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.com/media/disneyparks/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/twe448922SMALL.jpg

jananafish
03-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Oh I posted in the other Mad T Party thread but I love the look for Alice :D and the white rabbit. They look like a mish mosh of "rave" and punk and I dig it.

PlayGirlBunny
03-23-2012, 01:14 PM
That's really awesome I can't wait I love Alice in Wondering I hope it still brings that Tron dance vibe.

shna
03-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Love the costumes! I'm excited about this -- looks like a lot of fun. I really like the band costumes and the card costumes for the dancers.

houseofmouse
03-23-2012, 04:40 PM
That's really awesome I can't wait I love Alice in Wondering I hope it still brings that Tron dance vibe.

Oh I am sure it will have a dance vibe, but I am hoping for more of a Glowfest dance vibe!! I love Tweedle Dee and Dum's costumes those are cool!!

ogold72
03-23-2012, 04:56 PM
Is the party meant to be suitable for all ages?

MadasaHatter
03-23-2012, 10:16 PM
The costumes do indeed rock. More excited about this than TRON I must say... I dig all the costumes ESPECIALLY the HATTER but the Dormouse???? The rest all look like Alice and March Hare and Dum and Dee and Rabbit and Catepillar and Chesire but the Dormouse needs a rework. I am mad...but I got mad taste.....YO!

TTFN92
03-23-2012, 11:04 PM
What exactly is this? I never saw Glowfest or the Tron thing. Is it like going to a dance club? Can you still get to ToT or MI or does it block them off? Is it like when they have/had the bands play in TL? I'm a little old so I don't think it will interest me but want to know what it is.

letshavefun
03-24-2012, 08:23 AM
What exactly is this? I never saw Glowfest or the Tron thing. Is it like going to a dance club? Can you still get to ToT or MI or does it block them off? Is it like when they have/had the bands play in TL? I'm a little old so I don't think it will interest me but want to know what it is.

In the past yes you could still get to TOT and MI and yes there is dancing and adult beverages available. My teen daughter and neice really enjoyed Glowfest and I'm excited because the Mad T Party looks similar to that. We didn't care for tron so this is a nice change for us. I know everyone does not agree. This is where the glow necklaces and bracelets come in handy:)

dban3
03-24-2012, 09:39 AM
If you enjoy walking down the Bratz aisle at Toys 'R Us you'll probably feel right at home with these costumes.

bumblebeeonarose
03-24-2012, 11:38 AM
if you enjoy walking down the bratz aisle at toys 'r us you'll probably feel right at home with these costumes.

lol

MadasaHatter
03-24-2012, 04:37 PM
I think these costumes are cooler than BRATZ....just saying...

carolinakid
03-26-2012, 05:10 AM
What kind of music do they play? Is it current dance/club songs or a mixture of new and old school dance? Would you hear anything from the '70s, '80s or '90s? Is it just rap/hip hop?

shna
03-26-2012, 12:24 PM
I don't know what they'll be playing for Mad T Party -- but there was a mix of music at Electronica. Lots of techno-thump-thump stuff, but also 80s (which teamed nicely with Flynn's Arcade). For Glowfest in 2010, it was dance music of some sort. My then-6-year-old daughter really liked Glowfest. She also liked Electronica, but we didn't spend as much time in the area with her during that (not because of content - just scheduling). For Glowfest, we spent some time there during warm summer evenings & really enjoyed it.

Mad T Party looks like it will be visually more like Glowfest (lots of bright colors), which was way more my taste than the Electronica decor. I anticipate having fun there, though I'll likely not be springing for the ridiculously expensive adult beverages.

CariBelle
03-26-2012, 02:01 PM
I think these costumes are cooler than BRATZ....just saying...

I agree! I think the concept art looks great, I can't wait to see it. I'll be looking for the two hosts walking around during the day as well.