PDA

View Full Version : Parking garage

shelbsca
07-05-2003, 11:42 AM
Was it just me or did it take everyone half an hour to move 50 feet in the parking garage on the 4th. I was at DCA and it was not that crowded, but the parking lot was so crowded. Does anyone what was going on?

Shelbsca

tod
07-05-2003, 01:06 PM
Left at 11:45 pm. We were parked on Minnie level, on the park side of the crevasse, about halfway back (8D if memory serves, but I could be wrong).

Sailed out with no troubles or stoppages, got on the flyover bridge, got on the northbound 5 and didn't even slow down until we lost a lane at Knott Avenue.

--T

JeffG
07-05-2003, 01:11 PM
We had no problems in the garage yesterday either. We arrived about 12:30pm and drove straight up to one of the toll booths without any wait at all. There were no significant delays in parking either. We ended up parked on the Donald level.

We stayed until a little after park closing (we watched the 11:30pm Fantasmic) and had no major problems exiting from the garage either. The exit ramp from Donald does feed onto the flyover, though, so I'm sure that helped. It did look like traffic in the lanes that have to cross Ball Road was a bit backed up.

-Jeff

sm_cm
07-05-2003, 06:23 PM
Traffic seemed to be the worst during the fireworks and for about an hour after the fireworks. By about 11 p.m. things were for the most part back to normal. APD was able to turn the traffic lights back on that they had turned off, and stopped their traffic control out of the structure.