PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror building

GongFishuang
07-04-2003, 11:54 AM
So looking at the ToT construction pics up on the web, I wonder if anyone would know whether or not there will be management office space within some of the building quarters. It is a very large building and all of that couldn't possibly be for show and ride, I'm sure Disney would want to capitalize on any space available. Does anyone have any info on this?

jerjer2005
07-04-2003, 12:17 PM
By the way the building looks it doenst look like it has room to spare. they have to include, line, preshow room and the hole tower itself it used for the lifts... office space really doesnt seem like an option in this upcoming disney attraction.

YellowMan
07-04-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by GongFishuang
It is a very large building and all of that couldn't possibly be for show and ride, I'm sure Disney would want to capitalize on any space available. Actually, I'd venture to say that most of the building is going to be used for the ride with very little space left over. Remember, there is much more to a complex ride like this than simply where the track and show scenes go. Much of the front of portion of the building will house the show scenes, most of the tower portion will house the drop shafts, and most of the area above the shafts will house the equipment and machinery to make the faster-than-gravity drops possible.

disNeytEen
07-05-2003, 02:36 PM
Is there going to be a horizontal part of the ride like at WDW, looking at the pictures i would guess it would be in the lower part but im not sure

Lost Boy
07-05-2003, 06:45 PM
No "5th Dimension" room in this version of the ride. The same set of towers will be used for Lift and Drop with new effects added that are not in use in Florida. I have heard things from Imagineers and Cast Members, but I don't want to let the cat out of the water this early in the game, but if what I am hearing is true (and that is a big "IF" knowing the way current management loves to cut budgets even as an "approved" attraction is being built) our version may well blow Florida's out of the water, so to speak. Right now I have a wait and see attitude. Hopeful but skeptical.