PDA

View Full Version : 45 Years Of Magic....The Parade Of The Stars

zapppop
08-21-2001, 09:47 PM
It seems that I'm not the only one who dislikes this parade.
All it is, is a loose assortment of Disney characters running down Main Street.
Some theme:rolleyes:
As if it's not bad enough that it's been around almost 2 years, it's STILL gonna be in Disneyland for another 3 years until it's shipped to Hong Kong Disney !
This parade is not very good.
What would you do to improve it ? or what would you replace it with ?

Morrigoon
08-21-2001, 11:05 PM
Mulan?
MSEP?
Lion King?

Or improve the parade by using the "dance a catchy rhythm" tune from DLP's old WWOD parade

zapppop
08-22-2001, 07:04 AM
My problem with the Mulan ( and Hercules ) parades is that they're just knock offs of the Lion King parade. MSEP doesn't count because it's already coming back next year plus, it's a nighttime only parade.

What could be done for a parade that hasn't already been done ?

amynicole22
08-22-2001, 08:24 AM
How about a Marc Davis Parade? They could showcase floats featuring the characters created by the wonderful Mr. Davis, including Aurora, Alice in Wonderland, and of course, the inimitable Maleficent.

Napsto
08-22-2001, 11:46 AM
an nsync parade? just kidding.

i have never really been big on the parades,not my style.

Castmbrdlx
08-22-2001, 02:24 PM
I am so tired of this parade. I see the same thing everyday. I would definatly replace it or at least re do it. New floats theme etc.....

Napsto
08-22-2001, 02:37 PM
yea, new parade!

bandboy1985
08-22-2001, 06:35 PM
ok- picture it-

disney characters seated up on the rear of classic cars from the 30's with corps of dancers (tappers) dressed as chorus girls and movie-theatre ushers with big rolling signs between float units.

float units could include: a theatre entrance (with the fab five at the top of an entry staircase)

backstage wings with characters waving to the audience and show-business types in various tableaux

chorus girls in 30's rehearsal clothes dancing on a huge, slowly revolving glittery record player with dancers on the pavement around;

and a soundtrack no one could resist- all the huge big band hits, even classic musical numbers could be re-created on the larger floats- Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers tapping away on a soundstage set; Dorothy in a Kansas wheatfield; Mickey (Rooney) and Judy in a 'Babes on Broadway' spectacle.

the parade could be called 'The Disneywood Studios' subtitled either 'Disney Stars in Classic Cars' or 'Show Biz Is...' with a great soundtrack, and lots of vintage clothes; it could be a very cute, glamorous daytime parade...who can run with this idea? :confused:

jslivinski
08-24-2001, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
It seems that I'm not the only one who dislikes this parade.
All it is, is a loose assortment of Disney characters running down Main Street.

Lead by a crazed lady pushing a stroller who will be forced to do unspeakable acts if she gets trapped behind that thing (parade) again. :D

That would be me after having been trapped watching it by the train station on two occassions.

No offense to anyone but, I refer to it as The Princess and the 45 Fools parade, cause really it is mostly princesses and the lucky few if get choosen to participate, most of who looked like they wanted to crawl in a hole and hide.

Dreamstaker
08-24-2001, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by jslivinski

I refer to it as The Princess and the 45 Fools parade

and now so will I. Catchy :D

DisneylandBoy
08-24-2001, 09:18 PM
How about a "Disney Through The Years" Parade. It could be for the 50th Anniversary. Picture it:

The Opening Float: Black and White Mickey in Steamboat Willie

Next: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Pinocchio

Then: Cinderella, Peter Pan and Alice In Wonderland

After That: Sleeping Beauty, Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmations

Next: The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin

Then: The Lion King, Mulan, Pocahontas, Tarzan

Finally: The Fab Five with Walt Disney (look-alike)

In Between the floats can be random characters from movies made around the time of the float movies. Think about it. It would be GREAT! Specially with a look-alike Walt Disney at the end. And they could make a really cool soundtrack. I don't know - I would like it!

zapppop
08-24-2001, 09:52 PM
Putting the parade in chronological order would be good but they won't do it because they've done that for every anniversary parade ( or so I've been told )