PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Announces June 15th Opening for Cars Land

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tony
03-07-2012, 12:37 PM
The Disneyland Park Blog announced today that Cars Land will officially open on June 15th. Along with several photos showing Disney CEO Bob Iger and Parks Chairman Tom Staggs on various attractions, the long rumored opening date was finally announced. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/03/taking-a-tour-of-cars-land-buena-vista-street-and-carthay-circle-theatre-opening-june-15-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

olegc
03-07-2012, 01:15 PM
well, at least that's ONE speculation/rumor that be confirmed and put to bed. ;)

Oh, and a second blog posted officially stated that June 14th DCA will be closed.

JunJunM3
03-07-2012, 01:24 PM
The awfully dry So.CA winter season really did wonders with the progress of the construction. Even with the 2 lower level AP's blocked out for that opening Fri, it should be pretty mad. I'm thinking Indy debut all over again and Radiator Springs Racers' line pushing 4hrs.

JunJunM3
03-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Oh, and a second blog posted officially stated that June 14th DCA will be closed.

The media/celebrity/VIP event no doubt.

Rufus T Firefly
03-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Al Lutz right on the money again.

PlayGirlBunny
03-08-2012, 03:08 AM
So no previews for AP's like Star Tours or Littler Mermaid? it's going to be insane for months.

Drince88
03-08-2012, 03:29 AM
I doubt previews would decrease the insanity. Just start it earlier.

*Nala*
03-08-2012, 03:39 AM
We'll be there the first week of May, so will miss it by just over a month. I guess it's a good thing my Cars-obsessed 2 year old won't quite understand that on the other side of that wall is an entire Cars land, but we can't get in. Guess we'll really have to try to make fall MouseAdventure and see it then.

carolinakid
03-08-2012, 04:22 AM
We'll experience Carsland next year. But if the Racers are anything like Test Track, people are gonna LOVE IT!!!!!!
Can't wait!

Malcon10t
03-08-2012, 06:05 AM
Will be interesting... I was hoping for AP previews. Will have to see.

iceman559
03-08-2012, 06:18 AM
We'll experience Carsland next year. But if the Racers are anything like Test Track, people are gonna LOVE IT!!!!!!
Can't wait!

I hope so! I'm just a little worried they might be trying to present too much story. I know it's a big ride, but it seems like there could be too much. We'll see though! I'm definitely excited!

olegc
03-08-2012, 07:32 AM
So no previews for AP's like Star Tours or Littler Mermaid? it's going to be insane for months.

well, as always previews have been rumored on some sites (some will say its gonna happen because that site is always right, but...). Just have to wait and see.

olegc
03-08-2012, 07:34 AM
I hope so! I'm just a little worried they might be trying to present too much story. I know it's a big ride, but it seems like there could be too much. We'll see though! I'm definitely excited!

the racers part has now been placed on video for all to see. It looks really cool but I don't know how the starting portion is (at test track you are in the show building testing your car). I can't think there is too much story but there is a lot to look at detail wise in the canyon while you're riding so you may miss some. Look at it this way - it's a reason to ride it many times to see something different each time. Hey - repeatability, what a concept!

iceman559
03-08-2012, 07:40 AM
the racers part has now been placed on video for all to see. It looks really cool but I don't know how the starting portion is (at test track you are in the show building testing your car). I can't think there is too much story but there is a lot to look at detail wise in the canyon while you're riding so you may miss some. Look at it this way - it's a reason to ride it many times to see something different each time. Hey - repeatability, what a concept!

According to an article on MouseInfo (http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/dlr-news-info/91994-whats-next-disneyland-resort-now-world-color-made-its-big-splash.html?garpg=2), this is the rough story line:

A rough storyline for Radiator Springs Racers was given. We start with an idyllic drive gone awry when we nearly run into Mack the truck. As we swerve out of the way we come across the Sheriff who we think will be giving us a speeding ticket but is impressed with our driving skills and inviting us to the big race!

Before the race can begin, though, Mater has to take us for a classic round of tractor tipping. Unfortunately Frank wakes up and chases out of the field.

On our way back in to town, we're prepared for the big race. At this point, our car will either turn into Luigi's Casa Della Tires for a tire change or into Ramon's for a quick paint refresh. From there, we start the race for the finish!

That's a lot of mini story lines. I know that Test Track is similar, but those short, quick tests are expected to be short, quick tests. It'll be interesting to see how this one turns out! I just hope it's not so super packed in September that I can't get on it without spending hours upon hours in line :/

olegc
03-08-2012, 07:46 AM
^ now I remember... I think the descriptions are longer than the scenes will be in person (if you read descriptions of test track parts of the story I bet it comes off the same way).

jrsharp21
03-08-2012, 06:16 PM
We will be going June 20-22. Staying at the Grand Californian. I am hoping they have some early entry privileges into DCA for staying on property.

bumblebeeonarose
03-09-2012, 06:20 AM
Where's the video?

ogold72
03-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Can't wait!

Ive watched various videos and I am still curious about the "racing" aspect of the ride. Does the rider get to control speed and some directionals (given its like a slot car)? I am unfamiliar with Test Track. Any additional info would be great!

houseofmouse
03-09-2012, 08:59 AM
If it is like Test Track, you just sit back and enjoy the ride. There is no controls for anyone in the ride vehicles. I think given the speed at which they race or as in TT the way it goes to 60mph it would be far too dangerous to allow anyone to control the vehicle.

iceman559
03-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Ive watched various videos and I am still curious about the "racing" aspect of the ride. Does the rider get to control speed and some directionals (given its like a slot car)? I am unfamiliar with Test Track. Any additional info would be great!

Nah, the "racing" aspect of it is simply that the last portion of the ride has you "racing" against another car on the track beside you. The riders will have absolutely no control over it. The computer will be in complete control of the speed and the track in control of direction. However, the computer will randomize the race so a different car wins by a different margin each time sort of deal. It'll feel like you're in a race, but the ride's computers will actually be systematically "simulating" the race and selecting who wins.

Like houseofmouse said, it'd be too dangerous to let the riders control it. Not only could giving directional control to the riders be a bad idea (especially considering you very well could be put in a car with people you don't know), but letting them control the speed would cause tons of issues with the spacing of the vehicles. Rides these days are extremely complex and space vehicles pretty much as close as possible. If it's a 25 second load cycle, then the cars will be spaced 25 seconds apart. I'm sure the same will go for this ride. Even though the winner is "random", I'm sure it will be predetermined. And even if it's not, at least letting the computers control the cars will allow them to have complete control over the spacing (speeding them up or slowing them down as needed to ensure a safe distance).

ogold72
03-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Nah, the "racing" aspect of it is simply that the last portion of the ride has you "racing" against another car on the track beside you. The riders will have absolutely no control over it. The computer will be in complete control of the speed and the track in control of direction. However, the computer will randomize the race so a different car wins by a different margin each time sort of deal. It'll feel like you're in a race, but the ride's computers will actually be systematically "simulating" the race and selecting who wins.

Like houseofmouse said, it'd be too dangerous to let the riders control it. Not only could giving directional control to the riders be a bad idea (especially considering you very well could be put in a car with people you don't know), but letting them control the speed would cause tons of issues with the spacing of the vehicles. Rides these days are extremely complex and space vehicles pretty much as close as possible. If it's a 25 second load cycle, then the cars will be spaced 25 seconds apart. I'm sure the same will go for this ride. Even though the winner is "random", I'm sure it will be predetermined. And even if it's not, at least letting the computers control the cars will allow them to have complete control over the spacing (speeding them up or slowing them down as needed to ensure a safe distance).

Thanks to you and HouseofMouse for the amplifying info - sounds like a fun time! Really looking forward to it! Will probably have to wait until Halloween Time until we get to visit Cars Land.

So has anyone discussed or heard whether any of the 3 rides in Cars Land will be FP or Single Rider?

AVP
03-09-2012, 12:04 PM
So has anyone discussed or heard whether any of the 3 rides in Cars Land will be FP or Single Rider?Disney has said Radiator Springs Racers will have Fastpass, and since Test Track has single rider I would expect this ride to have it also.

Neither of the other will have Fastpass from what we've been told. Given the ride vehicles used in Mater's and Luigi's, I can't imagine they'll have single rider.

AVP

iceman559
03-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Neither of the other will have Fastpass from what we've been told. Given the ride vehicles used in Mater's and Luigi's, I can't imagine they'll have single rider.

Yeah, definitely no on Luigi's. If they do, it better only be for cases where like a group of 16 walks up and they only have one tire left. Otherwise, I'd be extremely angry if they had someone sitting with me haha.

I haven't seen the vehicles for Mater's (at least I haven't looked closely). But, if they're bench seats, I totally agree.

sjhanksaz
03-09-2012, 06:23 PM
So how many months should we stay away from the park?

I bet it will be crazy busy till early next year.

tea4two
03-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Where's the video?

I think it was this one on the Disney Parks Blog (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/03/the-happiest-place-on-earth-is-about-to-get-happier-when-cars-land-buena-vista-street-and-carthay-circle-theatre-open-at-disney-california-adventure-park/).