PDA

View Full Version : Question about old APs

TTFN92
03-03-2012, 08:05 AM
DH works with a girl who is in her mid 30s (according to him, the age could be off) who said that she has had an AP since she was 5 (I didn't think they has them that long ago) and that she has been able to renew her AP for $89 a year with no blackout days. Has anyone heard of this? I'm a bit skeptical of it but thought I'd ask here. Sounds kind of like a story to me but could be real. That would be an awesome deal if it is true.

Malcon10t
03-03-2012, 09:16 AM
DH works with a girl who is in her mid 30s (according to him, the age could be off) who said that she has had an AP since she was 5 (I didn't think they has them that long ago) and that she has been able to renew her AP for $89 a year with no blackout days. Has anyone heard of this? I'm a bit skeptical of it but thought I'd ask here. Sounds kind of like a story to me but could be real. That would be an awesome deal if it is true.
When we first got APs, probably 15 years ago, they were $89 I believe. We have renewed each years since, and last year was $459... So, I would think she is blowing smoke.

Looking back, APs first came out in 1983 to Magic Kingdom Club members and 1984 to the rest of the world.

CMHusband
03-05-2012, 08:38 PM
no way. not gunna happen, she is somehow mistaken

disneylandgirl
03-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Well wouldn't THAT be nice?!?! Maybe this is like the childrens game "telephone". She could have originally said something like "I have been going to Disneyland since I was 5. I remember when they first came out with AP's and they were $89." Perhaps?

TTFN92
03-06-2012, 11:50 AM
No, she told DH this story about how as long as they kept renewing them they kept that price. Then something happened and they couldn't renew them last year so they don't get that price now. I didn't believe it at all but DH wanted me to ask on here in case I just didn't know about it. I'll tell ya, if I had that price I would make darn sure we figured out a way to pay for them even if we didn't use them that year.

3Princesses1Prince
03-09-2012, 08:47 PM
I'll tell ya, if I had that price I would make darn sure we figured out a way to pay for them even if we didn't use them that year.

Seriously!

DonKarnage
04-01-2012, 05:25 AM
I'm willing to bet if you saw the picture of her the nose would be as long as Pinnochio's. I knew a couple that got their APs back in '83 as Magic Kingdom club members, I asked them about it & they've head no such thing. (Well besides the small discount you can get for renewing early, but that was what around $20 or something.) I had an anuual pass from 1989-2010 before I moved out of California & had to pay the same prices as everyone else. Even now being over $400 for the top-level AP/no blackouts, it's still a great deal. :)

BlkPearlCptn
04-01-2012, 05:43 PM
I''ve had an AP since they first came out and have renewed every year. I've had to pay the price increases along with everyone else. I say she's playing April Fools early!