PDA

View Full Version : Mickey and Friends structure closed [Friday, Feb. 24, 2012]

PumbaaMan
02-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Just tried to park in the structure and its closed. Supposedly because its full but according to friend that got in before it closed its not. Not certain what may have happened.

moofeet
02-24-2012, 04:11 PM
Maybe Drunken man returned & started mischief there!?! :p

jsilkey
02-24-2012, 05:08 PM
The update predicted a 9/10 for the crowd. Sounds like it may be even busier?? It makes me shudder to even think about trying to deal with those crowds.

3Princesses1Prince
02-24-2012, 05:59 PM
The update predicted a 9/10 for the crowd. Sounds like it may be even busier?? It makes me shudder to even think about trying to deal with those crowds.

I don't put too much faith in touring plans crowd predictions. According to them spring break end March 31 and crowds will be much lower the week before and after Easter.

bumblebeeonarose
02-24-2012, 09:27 PM
I don't put too much faith in touring plans crowd predictions. According to them spring break end March 31 and crowds will be much lower the week before and after Easter.

I noticed that. I thought that was strange. Our spring break is the first week of April. I imagine it's a popular time for spring break as it coincides with the Easter holidays. We'll be going then, I expect busy.

olegc
02-24-2012, 10:08 PM
i've always thought that the strategy for the way they park and control car access is based on a pretty advanced flow as well as their own prediction- and I think their ability to reopen levels is not an exact science either.

Malcon10t
02-24-2012, 10:51 PM
OK, we were at the park most of the day. Crowds were light (maybe a 6?) And a friend joined us at the park, she arrived about 3p, and parked on the second level of Mickey and Friends, at the front.

fairestoneofall
02-25-2012, 10:49 AM
That's correct, the structure was surprisingly empty for 3pm on a Friday.

Lilo143stitch
02-25-2012, 11:56 AM
I was leaving yesterday at 4pm and we were parked in the Donald level and there were a lot of empty spots from people leaving early. I wonder how they would fill those spots though... Do they just let people go all willy nilly through the parking structure looking for empty spots like a mall parking lot? I thought the park was way more crowed then a 6/10 much closer to a 8-9/10.

cstephens
02-25-2012, 03:10 PM
I was leaving yesterday at 4pm and we were parked in the Donald level and there were a lot of empty spots from people leaving early. I wonder how they would fill those spots though... Do they just let people go all willy nilly through the parking structure looking for empty spots like a mall parking lot?

Yep. I've been there on many an occasion when they're reparking a level/row, and you're just on your own to find a space.

Malcon10t
02-25-2012, 10:08 PM
I was leaving yesterday at 4pm and we were parked in the Donald level and there were a lot of empty spots from people leaving early. I wonder how they would fill those spots though... Do they just let people go all willy nilly through the parking structure looking for empty spots like a mall parking lot? I thought the park was way more crowed then a 6/10 much closer to a 8-9/10.Ratings are very subjective My experience, a 9 or 10 is Christmas crowded. 8 is more summer crowded. Friday, Haunted Mansion line went directly to the door. POTC line was inside the bridge area, 5-10 min wait. You could walk thru Adventureland without doing the wall-to-wall-people-shuffle.

Today was more of a 7. It was a little more crowded, but not horrible. I still managed to run into Toocherie unexpectedly!