PDA

View Full Version : Soft Serve Ice Cream?

Chip37
07-03-2003, 03:08 PM
It's been a few years since we have been to Disneyland and I was just curious to know where all the soft serve ice cream establishments are? Also any not to miss eateries at DCA? Thanks, Chip. Also Churros? My wife and daughters love them!!!

CarlieB
07-03-2003, 03:13 PM
Not sure about the soft-serve - someone more knowledgable than me will be able to answer that question, no doubt.

re: good eateries in DCA - I have heard only good things about Taste Pilots Grill (it's on my list of places to check out next time we're there). My bf really liked the hotdog place (is it Award Weiners?) over in the Backlot area. Personally I would not recommend Ariel's Grotto - I thought it was very ordinary when we ate there, but the characters are a drawcard (Chip & Dale were so cute!), and the view is pretty good.

We got churros from various carts around DL - you can't miss that distinctive smell!:) Yum!

golfgreg74
07-03-2003, 03:21 PM
There is a soft serve ice cream "outlet" in DCA over by California Screaming. The Ice Cream is very good.

Eateries: Taste Pilots Grill is very good. The kids meals come with smiley face fry type potatoes and are really good. The burgers I thought were pretty tasty. Award Weiners was great the fries, all of the dogs = wonderful! The BBQ Hot LInk with grilled onions, great!

Have a great time.

justagrrl
07-03-2003, 08:12 PM
A dole whip (near Tiki room in Disneyland) is soft serve something (ice cream? - or a concoction unto itself?)

I really like the Sourdough Bakery (DCA). They've got a great salad in a bread bowl with chicken, nuts, and granny smith apples.

jerjer2005
07-03-2003, 08:58 PM
dole whip is a non-dairy soft searve pinapple treat.... its my favorite thing in the park!

churro carts...

the ones in dca that stick out in my mind are these...
DCA...
*1 in sunshine plaza
*1 right next to the entrance of muppets 3-D (hollywood backlot)
*1 on paridise pier... right next to the smoking area and against the railing to the water and where california screamin takes off
* and as memory recalls i think theres one close to the entrance of a bugs land

DL...
*one on mainstreet right across from city hall
*1 in new orleans square close to the entrance to Disneyland Railroad
*one in critter country (i think)
*and i know theres one (atleast) in fantasy land

Good eating places

DCA...
1)strips and dips (paridise pier)
2) taste pilots grill (condor flats)

DL...
1)dole juice bar (adventure land)
2) pizza port (tomorrow land)
3) club buzz (tomorrow land)
4) hungry bear resturant (Critter country)

hoped that helped :-) any more questions feel free to ask

mrfantasmic
07-03-2003, 11:04 PM
Dole Whip!! It's not a concoction, but heaven on earth!

donatello3000
07-04-2003, 08:54 AM
I love Award Weiners... good snack. Hard to find seating in that area when it's busy, but we go anyway. Haven't tried TPG yet... guess we'll go there next time.

jerjer2005
07-04-2003, 12:27 PM
i seem to be the only person who likes strips and dips !!!

truman
07-04-2003, 01:30 PM
For Soft Serve go to Paradise Pier in DCA. It's called Catch a Flav and believe me, you'll be sittin' on top of the world! Lots of flavors and it's really really good. I never miss this place when I go.

Nancy
07-05-2003, 01:52 PM
There is soft serve ice cream in Toontown at, I think Clarabells is the name. My kids can hardly finish them as they are rather large (and good.):cool:

oohykitten
07-05-2003, 07:30 PM
Yes Catch a Flav is the best, it's soft serve vanilla with added flavors, such as Buble Gum, Grape, and so on. It's awesome.