PDA

View Full Version : Pepper Spray Incident at California Adventure

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Abigail's Uncle
02-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Was anyone there to witness the context of this video? Caution: inappropriate language.

Pepper Spray incident (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/20/drunk-man-disney-california-adventure_n_1288314.html)

disneylandgirl
02-20-2012, 10:29 AM
WOW. What a shame! I'm glad people stepped in to help that poor security guard. Disneyland is NOT the place for this... go to a bar if you want to get wasted. Sheesh!!!

TulaBelle
02-20-2012, 10:54 AM
How sad, such ugliness has to happen in such a special place. Hopefully the security guard is alright. I guess a three minute response time is not bad, but it must seem like a lifetime to the poor guy waiting for backup.

Malcon10t
02-20-2012, 11:11 AM
How sad, such ugliness has to happen in such a special place. Hopefully the security guard is alright. I guess a three minute response time is not bad, but it must seem like a lifetime to the poor guy waiting for backup.Actually, if you look close enough, at least 2 of the guys on the guy appear to be undercover security. (Blue shirt/black jears, and the guy with gloves.) It takes time to get from point A to where the trouble is. 2 mins is pretty good response time.

candles71
02-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Actually, if you look close enough, at least 2 of the guys on the guy appear to be undercover security. (Blue shirt/black jears, and the guy with gloves.) It takes time to get from point A to where the trouble is. 2 mins is pretty good response time.I was kind of figuring they were. That is kind of a back corner with no good straight line approach. I read through a couple of pages of the comments on that news site. All the people who won't go back to DL, have me chuckling with glee cause they won't be in my way. ;)

Malcon10t
02-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Here's the thing, once you see the white shirted security guys and the suit arrive, and the guys guys holding him down aren't asked to let them take over. Kind of a give away. Once real help gets there, they don't usually let a guest be in an area where they could be hurt. I suspect the guy in the Lakers jersey was also a fox as he was there early on, but didn't jump in til he had back up and when the guy took the older man down. Until then, he took a pic of the guy, and didn't give anything away. But notice the other guests involved "just appeared", they weren't in the other background shots. And the one guy who was helping and was moved back by the suit, you hear him saying "I was just trying to help." They moved him off, but kept the others on him.

letshavefun
02-20-2012, 11:42 AM
I did see a stoller and a lady yelling about children being there, why didn't she just take her children and go? I really don't think she was helping.

candles71
02-20-2012, 11:44 AM
I did see a stoller and a lady yelling about children being there, why didn't she just take her children and go? I really don't think she was helping.

Um, you mean the one with the beer in her hand towards the end? (You could hear her the whole time.)

letshavefun
02-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Yeah that would be her.

dzny09
02-20-2012, 11:55 AM
geesh too many people with no business being there. the shouting woman is just making things worse...now maybe they will finally get it...no booze in the parks period. Walt must be having a fit over this. We don't like CA because of these things. People are always getting drunk and belligerent. 2 minutes is a HORRIBLE response time it should be immediate. LOSE THE BOOZE AT CA

candles71
02-20-2012, 12:00 PM
. 2 minutes is a HORRIBLE response time it should be immediate.
If you have a transporter, can I borrow it? It would cut down on our expenses to get there. ;) Just like anywhere else, police/security, etc can only be in so many places at once. It takes me more than 2 minutes to walk from the gate to Tower, you either have to go through Bugs land or the Hollywood backlot. And, while there are CM gates to cut down time, this isn't a great area for them.

Malcon10t
02-20-2012, 12:02 PM
geesh too many people with no business being there. the shouting woman is just making things worse...now maybe they will finally get it...no booze in the parks period. Walt must be having a fit over this. We don't like CA because of these things. People are always getting drunk and belligerent. 2 minutes is a HORRIBLE response time it should be immediate. LOSE THE BOOZE AT CAWell, to be immediate, they would need to multiply the force 10-fold. These incidents don't happen that often. There are plenty of undercovers in the park at any time, security is quite tight. Now, the first officer was there, but when a guest opts to fight, you bring in the undercovers quickly. I am sure that they were already heading that way as soon as they heard "drunk". But think how long it takes to get around the park. 2 mins really is exceptional response time. Pretty much they had 5 officers there from various areas of the park within 2 mins. It feels like longer, and if you go anywhere else, time their response times....

And yes, the woman yelling was NOT helping things at all.

dzny09
02-20-2012, 12:26 PM
i got busted smoking in an"ILLegal" place in DL years ago and security was there in seconds not minutes. lol...At least they made it..and for the record disney security is everywhere they didnt need to "walk" from the otherside of park i guarantee their was one at corner by hyperion and animation academy.only two bell hops in ToT came out. not dissing on disney security but everything in CA seems alot more disorganized and lax compared to DL is the point i was making

palmickey
02-20-2012, 02:38 PM
There was a reason that Walt did not allow alcohol inside the parks.
CA allows alcohol, MK in DL does not (does it?)

(although he was allowed to be drunk, but I am pretty sure he restricted his wandering around the park drunk to times when guests were not in the park).

Toocherie
02-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Sorry but I disagree with those who think alcohol should be banned from CA. We don't need to change things when 99.9%+ of the people there drink responsibly. Calif. Adventure is not Disneyland. All the parks in Florida have alcohol except Magic Kingdom (because it's akin to Disneyland). And from personal experience I've seen a lot more drunk and disorderly people at Epcot during Food and Wine than I've ever seen at Calif. Adventure.

candles71
02-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Disneyland doesn't have a liquor liscense. Club 33 does, but from my understanding other parts do not. Ca adv does.

Malcon10t
02-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Disneyland doesn't have a liquor liscense. Club 33 does, but from my understanding other parts do not. Ca adv does.
That changed recently. Now Disney holds the liquor license, not the club.

candles71
02-20-2012, 03:07 PM
That changed recently. Now Disney holds the liquor license, not the club.Ah, I missed that. I still think people can drink and be responsible. It is called moderation people.

torquedork
02-20-2012, 03:27 PM

Geepers she didn't know when to Stop and Walk Away and I wanted to reach into my computer and smack her so bad.

Drince88
02-20-2012, 03:33 PM
But did the woman yelling "there are children here" actually have her own children that she didn't remove from the situation, or was she just trying to get the guy to stop cussing? As if he would actually pay attention to someone yelling at him after he's been pepper sprayed like that!

adriennek
02-20-2012, 03:44 PM

Um, you mean the one with the beer in her hand towards the end? (You could hear her the whole time.)

And yes, the woman yelling was NOT helping things at all.

My favorite part was that she was shouting oh so not helpfulling at the drunk guy about his bad language, but the other guys in the video, the other spectators, were freely letting the obscenities fly themselves. I didn't hear her saying to THEM "There are kids here!" It definitely felt like she was trying to make herself part of the scene. Clearly, there WAS security there.

sjhanksaz
02-20-2012, 04:15 PM
That's sad

When we were there a few weeks ago a bunch of cast members and security guards where making a big clearning around a bench by BTMR. The would not let anyone in.

There was a back pack sitting on one of the benches that was all alone. I felt like I was at the airport and someone had left a bag unattended.

We rode the ride and when we got off a security man with a dog (bomb sniffing probably) had the back pack and was leaving the area.

It made for a different kind of day.

SigalTchelet
02-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Ah, I missed that. I still think people can drink and be responsible. It is called moderation people.

I'll chime in here from the perspective of someone who does not drink and never had the desire to. I don't see the need to ban alcohol from the parks-yes moderation is the key. But imo, I don't understand why people find it enjoyable to drink alcohol at an amusement park.

SigalTchelet
02-20-2012, 04:31 PM
But did the woman yelling "there are children here" actually have her own children that she didn't remove from the situation, or was she just trying to get the guy to stop cussing? As if he would actually pay attention to someone yelling at him after he's been pepper sprayed like that!

I think she was with him because she was calling him by his first name (Sean) and was trying to get him to stop cussing because there were children present.

Jodi
02-20-2012, 04:41 PM
I think the entire group of idiots filming this are almost as offensive as the belligerent guy. Obviously they are not helping, they should have just backed off! (not that I EXPECT any guest to jump in and help, but they seemed to just be making the situation worse.)