PDA

View Full Version : Build-a-bear workshop?

myprincesskaylee
07-03-2003, 09:58 AM
Has anyone made a bear at build a bear workshop in Downtown disney? How much did yours cost? Did they have disney princess outfits to put on the bears? Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks

HBTiggerFan
07-03-2003, 10:19 AM
The bears start at $9.99. I haven't made a bear personally, however I have been with kids while they are making their dogs.

After all was said and done, their dogs cost $45-$50. They dressed them and bought accessories. I don't recall seeing Disney princess outfits.

Here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/magicyears/myj021116.htm) is one article on Build a Bear written by Jewel, an author for the Magic Years.

Here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/merchandise/mer011116.htm) is an articlel written by AVP.

The second one has a link to the Build a Bear website. Both describle the store and how you go about building a bear.

femmfaerie
07-03-2003, 10:48 AM
I made a bear here in colorado - i think it is pretty much the same thing. They start at about $10 bucks - but go up from there. They make great gifts, i love one for my girl for Valentines day and she loved it. You can even record your own voice to stuff in side the bear. They have a website you can check out. Just type build a bear workshop into your search engine, as for the Disney costumes, I am not sure - but I bet if they do they will be pretty pricey.

tod
07-03-2003, 10:53 AM
The lovely Mrs. Tod and I went in there and got her a nice koala. We installed a giggle voice box in one paw and chose not to buy the clothing and got out for about $20 as memory serves.

Unfortunately, the place is not set up for browsing, so you pretty much have to commit to buying something before you go in.

--T

HBTiggerFan
07-03-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by tod
Unfortunately, the place is not set up for browsing, so you pretty much have to commit to buying something before you go in.

You can browse. You just don't get in any of the lines. I do it all the time. They do a great job of leading you from one area to the next though, when you do build an animal.

I don't know about other Build a Bears, but this one is 2 stories, and more often then not the second floor is a lot less crowded then the first floor.

stinkerbell
07-03-2003, 11:06 AM
I've done several there in the past year and a half or so......

They have Disney character outfits for the animals now! My daughter picked a Buzz Lightyear outfit and we love it! I remember several Princess dresses and my youngest chose a Tink outfit.

But, even though the animal might cost only $10-$15-$18, and the outfits only $10ish or less......when it's all said and done, our Build-a-Bears always run about $60. Little underwear are $3, shoes $6, a voice/song $3-6, accessories $1-$10. Make sure you get a stamped card and sign up for their email list. With my $10 in free schtuff with the stamped card and an email coupon for $5 off, they combined the discounts (and with my AP discount, too!) and were very accomodating. In fact, they asked if I had an AP--and it's not even a Premium-- and gave me the discount without me even mentioning it.

I've been to mall Build-a-Bears, and they are just as fun, but something about getting it done at Downtown Disney is so much more memorable and special. :)

Have fun!

dsnylndmom
07-03-2003, 11:41 AM
We did Build a Bear in April and I told the boys(my littel brother was there too)that I would buy them a basic $10 bear and after that they had to use their own $. So they each got just the basic bears, my 4 year old picked out a t-shirt for his for $4 that says "#1 Pal" and my 8 year old bought a basketball outfit for his, complete with ball for $12.95.

Oh and like Stink said get the little stamp card!!! I got one!

They LOVED naming them and making them they still talk about it!!

T:)

stinkerbell
07-03-2003, 11:48 AM
The names are funny.......

Cassidy named hers "Grand Old Flag." Cause she picked out an American flag as an accessory, and a sequined flag tee.

Courtney named hers "Fluffy." Even though it is NOT fluffy at all.

Chloe named hers "Baby Bunny." Hey, it's a bunny!

dsnylndmom
07-03-2003, 12:00 PM
Oh I hear ya on that one my boys's bears are

Link-Shawn the 4 year old named his off of a Super Smash Bro. character!(he has a cat we got from the shelter and her name is Sonic, see the theme)

Wanda-not abnormal unless you consider it's an 8 year old boy that named the bear!!!! LOL It's because his cat is Cosmo and Cosmo and Wanda are characters from the Fairly Oddparents.

They both told me they wanted to get new ones if they have it in WDW and Kyler wants to name his Timmy(the fairy Godparents kid's name)and Shawn wants to name his Sora(Kingdom Hearts) they are so sad!:p