PDA

View Full Version : Passholder Preview days - March 27-29

Pages : [1] 2 3

olegc
02-09-2012, 08:03 AM
As stated on their Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/DisneylandPassholders

Save the Date! March 27 - 29 | Annual Passholder Preview

Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders can get a special sneak-peek preview of the amazing merchandise, food, entertainment, new costumes and guided tours the Disneyland Resort will bring to life this Summer. Stay connected for more details to come…

AVP
02-09-2012, 02:07 PM
More details were just posted on the Disney Parks Blog (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/02/save-the-date-annual-passholder-preview-at-the-disneyland-resort/).

As some know, previews like this are done for Cast Members prior to big resort marketing campaigns or ride openings. They often happen in Stage 17, which is where this event is being held, and I've been told this is probably a guest-facing version of the Cast Member preview that will happen a few days earlier.

I'm very glad they released more details, since the response to the original Facebook posting made it look like a lot of folks are expecting this to be an AP preview of Cars Land and the new rides. Given that Michelle Harker is the person to make the announcement, I expect this is a merchandise / foods-driven event.

AVP

loungefly97
02-09-2012, 02:11 PM
I might be way off, but Mad T Party preview?

loungefly97
02-09-2012, 02:56 PM
I might be way off, but Mad T Party preview?

I'm dumb. Never mind, move along.

olegc
02-09-2012, 04:57 PM
More details were just posted on the Disney Parks Blog (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/02/save-the-date-annual-passholder-preview-at-the-disneyland-resort/).
I'm very glad they released more details, since the response to the original Facebook posting made it look like a lot of folks are expecting this to be an AP preview of Cars Land and the new rides. Given that Michelle Harker is the person to make the announcement, I expect this is a merchandise / foods-driven event.

AVP
I'm kind of surprised only because it said in the original post said food, merchandise, entertainment, costumes, and tours. No where did it say attractions. I know people have their hopes up - but c'mon. Folks still read, don't they? (not directed at AVP).

jananafish
02-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Ohh that makes more sense. Although it would have been super cool to have an AP preview similar to the re-opening of Star Tours ^_^

bumblebeeonarose
02-09-2012, 07:47 PM
Ohh that makes more sense. Although it would have been super cool to have an AP preview similar to the re-opening of Star Tours ^_^

We can still hope that in late May or early June they'll do some AP previews. March sounded a bit early for Carsland anyway, especially to ride rides.

jananafish
02-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Ahhh see what happens when you don't read it all? Didn't even see the dates! D'oh!

SigalTchelet
02-16-2012, 04:12 PM
I really want to go for this. Southwest has good deals right now from Sacramento. Now I just have to get a good hotel deal. I would be going by myself. Do you think it is worth it to go down during Spring Break????

tea4two
02-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Well, even if the parks are very crowded, where else would you rather be during that time? :)

SigalTchelet
02-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Well, even if the parks are very crowded, where else would you rather be during that time? :)
So true Mary! I am planning on going on my own this time. I just need to find a good hotel deal. Are you guys planning to go?

tea4two
02-16-2012, 10:25 PM
We are going to try. Don't know our exact schedule at that time, but we do want to see the sneak-peek.

olegc
03-15-2012, 12:24 PM
so they have been posting merchandise info and now are really pumping up the volume - stuff is limited edition, won't be around until june, limits per guest, etc. AND they announced that there may be lineups starting at 6am and parking early in Pumbaa and wrist bands starting at 7. I guess its the same like the rest of the merch events - but with so many items how many wristbands will you need? will there really be that much of a crowd - for stuff? (i mean, I;m going to check it out - but not to be first in line)... Then again, I guess its an attempt to create exclusivity again..

PlayGirlBunny
03-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Im excited to check it out but I do always get sucker into buying so called Limited Edition or AP Merch that I end up seen in the parks through out the year.

Blacksheep Uncle
03-17-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm just interested in a couple of the new "retro" attraction posters; I'm assuming they aren't going to be limited edition.

Shortpix77
03-26-2012, 09:04 AM
Has anyone seen prices listed anywhere for the merchandise?? I saw the list of items in DL Update and here: http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/event/dlr_annualpassholder_specialoffers.html, but all I'm seeing is "Items and prices will vary and range from $7.95 to $380.00." That's not so helpful... I'm still trying to decide if it's worth going or not anyway. The 6 a.m. lineup time is a bit intimidating, but I don't know if this event will really draw the crowds they're planning for... hmmm.

olegc
03-26-2012, 09:23 AM
well, you do have 3 days to go.
These days pins are 7.95 and up, any kind of small desk souvenir is around 12 and up, t-shirts are around $28.00 and up (you might find lesser designed ones cheaper), sweatshirts run about 50, jackets 80, and pin sets and special packages may be more. THese are all off the top of my head so don't quote me on price but it seems to be what the park is going with these days. Your choices will vary ;-).

ogold72
03-26-2012, 10:32 AM
If there is any surplus of merchandise, do they ever make it available in another venue/method? I will not be able to attend the preview....

dban3
03-26-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm in a Monday frame of mind. The crowds will be enormous, the money will flow, but really, is it that important to be first on your block to have a Radiator Springs T-Shirt? Maybe it is.

olegc
03-26-2012, 10:59 AM
the art of disney parks site hints that SOME of the merch will go to the stores in the park (DCA) but some won't be available until after june 15th - so GET YOURS NOW!!! . oops, sorry, for a minute there I was taken over by the Disney Hype-Hoopla spirit.

Lilo143stitch
03-26-2012, 11:41 AM
I wonder if we dont get there until the afternoon if we still have a chance at a wristband.. My mom sister and I will be down there probably around 3PM and I really am one of those people that want my Low n Slow t-shirt! hopefully people down there will keep MP updated so I will know if we should even bother :cool:

tea4two
03-26-2012, 01:21 PM
For those of us arriving in the evening, will we still need a wrist band? Will there be a special check-in desk (like for the DisneyParks Blog Meetups) or do we just head for Soundstage 17? I was under the impression that the wrist bands were only for the people who were lining up before DCA opens tomorrow.

PlayGirlBunny
03-26-2012, 05:03 PM
the art of disney parks site hints that SOME of the merch will go to the stores in the park (DCA) but some won't be available until after june 15th - so GET YOURS NOW!!! . oops, sorry, for a minute there I was taken over by the Disney Hype-Hoopla spirit. LoL I hate when that happens.

Iceman
03-26-2012, 07:50 PM
This reminds me of the trans-Atlantic Disney cruise I took last fall. Right near the beginning they started hyping limited-edition, get-them-while-they're-hot, you-don't-want-to-miss-them pins commemorating the voyage. The day before the pins were to be made available they started a line several hours before wristbands were to be handed out. Quite a few people (there were a huge number of Disney freaks on this cruise) lined up and then bragged about getting their wristband. The next day there was another several-hour-long line for the people with wristbands to actually purchase their pins. Immediately some people started wearing their pins and boasting about them, while others saved them in pristine condition for a supposed eBay windfall.

The next day I walked into the shop and bought a pin with no muss and no fuss--tons of them were sitting in a little bucket near all the registers.

abkb76
03-27-2012, 10:47 AM
This reminds me of the trans-Atlantic Disney cruise I took last fall. Right near the beginning they started hyping limited-edition, get-them-while-they're-hot, you-don't-want-to-miss-them pins commemorating the voyage. The day before the pins were to be made available they started a line several hours before wristbands were to be handed out. Quite a few people (there were a huge number of Disney freaks on this cruise) lined up and then bragged about getting their wristband. The next day there was another several-hour-long line for the people with wristbands to actually purchase their pins. Immediately some people started wearing their pins and boasting about them, while others saved them in pristine condition for a supposed eBay windfall.

The next day I walked into the shop and bought a pin with no muss and no fuss--tons of them were sitting in a little bucket near all the registers.

Seems this often happens with *limited edition* Disney merchandise, I bought special *limited edition* Mickey ears, turns out, they were not truly *limited edition* since they still had them for many months afterwards. They probably STILL have them.