PDA

View Full Version : Hiring at Disneyland

disneyis4us
02-02-2012, 05:36 PM
I know this probably isn't the right place for this, but I wasn't sure where to post it. I was wondering if anybody could help me with information about working at Disneyland? I am looking for information for my daughter. She would be interested in the entertainment area or the rides. I have found some info on the Disney careers website, but I was looking for some specific info. Maybe someone that has been through the process could give me some tips and advice on how to go about this process. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

SigalTchelet
02-09-2012, 08:02 AM
Don't know if you are still interested, but Disneyland just posted this link to job openings at Disneyland, from their FB page: http://dlr.disneycareers.com/en/search-jobs/search-results/?q=dlr+casting

ScottC4746
02-12-2012, 02:56 PM
I know this probably isn't the right place for this, but I wasn't sure where to post it. I was wondering if anybody could help me with information about working at Disneyland? I am looking for information for my daughter. She would be interested in the entertainment area or the rides. I have found some info on the Disney careers website, but I was looking for some specific info. Maybe someone that has been through the process could give me some tips and advice on how to go about this process. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

I will tell you this. It is very poor pay, $9.07 for attractions in 2007 when I was hired and you have to pay union dues as well. (Teamsters Local 897). The next day I turned in my paperwork saying I could not afford the job. I had already been vested in Teamsters so I did not have to pay initiation again, but I could not afford to drive from South Bay area and pay California rent AND Nevada mortgage at the same time.

cstephens
02-12-2012, 10:13 PM
but I could not afford to drive from South Bay area and pay California rent AND Nevada mortgage at the same time.

But wouldn't you have known what pay they were offering you and what your expenses were before you accepted the job? And I would seriously not expect that many places, least of all a front-of-the-line CM job at Disneyland, would be able to afford someone the luxury of paying both a mortgage in another state and rent in California.

ScottC4746
02-13-2012, 05:27 AM
But wouldn't you have known what pay they were offering you and what your expenses were before you accepted the job? And I would seriously not expect that many places, least of all a front-of-the-line CM job at Disneyland, would be able to afford someone the luxury of paying both a mortgage in another state and rent in California.

This is true, but being a union job and working a union job in Las Vegas also through Teamsters also a front of the line job if you will, I was expecting a higher pay, but that is another message board. :)