PDA

View Full Version : DLR Management making good on hinted "experiences"?

olegc
01-25-2012, 09:27 AM
So - with the announcement of the Valentine's day themed overlay additions to "Magic, Memories, and You!" I was thinking about what announcements were made at the D23 expo concerning "special experiences" for Disneyland guests in 2012 - and I guess the list is growing..

Last year we had the Fan Days - weekends filled with unique things - but it seems this year they pulled the events out of the back of Frontierland and are focused on date-based events and entertainment.
1) Dia de Reyes in frontierland
2) Chinese Lunar New Year - for a week and a half - Small World Plaza
3) Valentines day - MM&U
4) Mardi Gras decorations back up in NOS (Seems more prevalent)
5) could ST Pats be coming? ...

there have been a couple of park's blog events as well, and the AP party last year (oh, and the Candlelight offer). So it makes me wonder if this is the plan - offer limited time, location based events in the park through the year.

What do you think?

ogold72
01-27-2012, 05:00 AM
If its the plan, which it seems like it is to me, I like it. They already do it in grandious fashion with Halloween and Christmas, so it seems like they are growing that succesful element of what DLR offers.

I think that it can give the experience for a casual DLR visitor an even more unique flavor if they have these time sensitive events/celebrations and gives frequent visitors new experiences to look forward to as well.

olegc
02-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Well - I guess we can now say there is no "Fan Days" per se BUT they do plan on cultural events and entertainment throughout the year (so far).

Mardi Gras is the next one that was just announced. (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/02/let-the-good-times-roll-at-disneyland-park-during-new-orleans-bayou-bash/)

ScottC4746
02-12-2012, 03:04 PM
So - with the announcement of the Valentine's day themed overlay additions to "Magic, Memories, and You!" I was thinking about what announcements were made at the D23 expo concerning "special experiences" for Disneyland guests in 2012 - and I guess the list is growing..

Last year we had the Fan Days - weekends filled with unique things - but it seems this year they pulled the events out of the back of Frontierland and are focused on date-based events and entertainment.
1) Dia de Reyes in frontierland
2) Chinese Lunar New Year - for a week and a half - Small World Plaza
3) Valentines day - MM&U
4) Mardi Gras decorations back up in NOS (Seems more prevalent)
5) could ST Pats be coming? ...

there have been a couple of park's blog events as well, and the AP party last year (oh, and the Candlelight offer). So it makes me wonder if this is the plan - offer limited time, location based events in the park through the year.

What do you think?

Perhaps and Easter Bonnet Parade down Main St. and encourage people to dress in their Easter Finest?