PDA

View Full Version : RCI Trade In to DVC-no longer happening?

wishiwasthere
01-21-2012, 05:43 PM
My soon to be in-laws are a part of RCI and asked to trade-in their points to stay on property in Disney and the RCI representative said they are no longer doing that.

Is that true? They asked me to find out because they said that if it's not true they would try again.

TIA!

3Princesses1Prince
01-22-2012, 07:36 AM
Interesting. I'll check later today and report back.

ETA:
I just checked really quick and found availability at 5 different resorts. Maybe they have discontinued depositing into RCI Weeks. My searches look in both RCI Points (which usually has more availability) and RCI Weeks, so I'm not sure which system these are in.

houseofmouse
01-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Have them try again and ask for a person higher up on the food chain than the one who answers the phone.

wishiwasthere
01-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Okay so there are 2 different ways of doing this depending on what you have through RCI...weeks or points? I will tell them to call again. Thanks!

3Princesses1Prince
01-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Okay so there are 2 different ways of doing this depending on what you have through RCI...weeks or points? I will tell them to call again. Thanks!

RCI Weeks and RCI Points are different systems. Typically Weeks has more availability in DVC unit than Points. I have access to both with my membership and they recently combined the search engine so I don't have to search them separately, so unless I go through each available week I don't what system its in. I guess its possible DVC has decided to use only one of the 2 systems, so if you have the other membership you are out of luck.