PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Best of the Best

disNeytEen
07-02-2003, 03:53 PM
In less then 16 days me and 8 others will be going to Disneyland, i need to know the best places to do stuff are. Like were would be the best place to eat, but wouldn't take long so we could get back to the rides, also we want to see Fantasmic and eat at the same time and i know there is a restraunt that allows you do enjoy that but what is it. Any tips to help us out so we aren't lost in what to do because of our size also tips for DCA.

:D

dshimel
07-02-2003, 04:12 PM
Ahhh, Best of the best.... Always someone opinion and begging for debate.

Here are my lame opnions
Best thrilling ride: Indianna
Best themed ride: Pirates
Best way to see Fantasmic: Second showing on a night with 2.
Best place to see Fireworks: Just South of Small World

(Don't try to watch fireworks here, then get to the second showing of Fantasmic!)

Best counter service food: Rancho del Zocolo, Redd Rockets
Best sit down: Storytellers' buffet
Best Characer: Goofy's Kitchen

Best show: Aladdin
Best parade: The question is moot.

Best Shopping: Main Street

Best DCA: Soarin', Annimation, Screamin', Tough to be a Bug and Aladdin are the "don't miss" for me. GRR if you want to get dunked in cold water, repeatedly. Electric Parade if you want to see a 1970s classic parade.

About the only thing I ever get a FastPass to at DCA is Soarin'. If you're pressed for time, you can do the highlights of DCA in a couple hours. Grab that FastPass to Soarin'. Plan in when You want to do Aladdin. Do the Coaster, Bugs and Annimation in between.

JenGood008
07-02-2003, 04:28 PM
also we want to see Fantasmic and eat at the same time and i know there is a restraunt that allows you do enjoy that but what is it

I believe you are thinking of the River Belle Terrace. Another place that might be good for a group is Red Rocket's in Tomorrowland. Definitely avoid the sit dow restaurants (Carnation Cafe, Blue Bayou) if you are in a hurry to get back out and enjoy the attractions :)

You can find the menus to DL restaurants here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/drr/) and even though they aren't updated anymore they're still a great way to get an idea of what's out there.

Don't miss Indy, Pirates, Splash Mountain or the Haunted Mansion! Have a great trip and let us know how it goes! :)

Leap for Joy
07-02-2003, 04:31 PM
Best Pictures from a ride: Splash Mountain (especially with so many in your group! We went with a large group a couple of years ago and, as a result, had no strangers in our pics.)

If you like the idea of getting soaked on GRR, get a fastpass when you get in line so that you can ride and then ride again while you're still wet!

mrfantasmic
07-02-2003, 04:38 PM
Hmm... I love these questions... here are my suggestions!
Best thrilling ride: Indiana Jones
Best themed ride: Mansion or Pirates
Best way to see Fantasmic: Second showing near the center, but it doesn't have to be close up
Best place to see Fireworks: Plaza... but get there a little early
Best counter service food: Redd Rocket's...
Best sit down: Blue Bayou
Best Characer: Goofy's Kitchen
Best show: Fantasmic! and then Sword in the Stone
Best parade: Hmm.. are there any?
Best Shopping: Main Street Emporium

sancho
07-03-2003, 01:49 AM
The past couple of years, we have camped out early for Fantasmic. With a large group, it is easy to enjoy attractions (especially on the west side) in shifts while some others wait and then you switch. For nearby and not expensive, there is a hamburger place to the right of the Golden Horseshoe...Stagedoor something or other. Eating a double cheeseburger while waiting for Fantasmic has become sort of a tradition. Enjoy your time!

disNeytEen
07-03-2003, 09:53 AM
Does anyone know what times Fantasmic starts, and if anyone knows how well do walkie talkies work that way the older kids can go do their own thing.

Rallymonkey23
07-03-2003, 10:31 AM
Show Times are 9 and 10:30pm. Note: All shows are subject to being canceled due to wind and rain (yeah right! ;) ).

As for walkie talkies- Don't bother! It seemed to me that EVERYONE had one and it didn't matter what channel you were on, someone was always talking. Or there were always strange beeping noises on it. Needless to say. They are almost useless. Hope that helps ya! :)

dshimel
07-03-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by disNeytEen
Does anyone know what times Fantasmic starts, and if anyone knows how well do walkie talkies work that way the older kids can go do their own thing.

If you know your date(s), go here.
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/calendar/index

If you take walkie talkies, they'll work pretty well across the park. Problem is, 100 people will be using the same frequency you're on, so it's hard to know when your kids are talking to you or for your kids to know you're talking to them. It is like listening to a dozen conversations at the same time, each talking over the other.

disNeytEen
07-03-2003, 02:28 PM
Since the x-games will be held in DCA will traffic around that area be slow, will anything be closed down. All in all will their be a downfall for going their during the x-games

dsnylndmom
07-03-2003, 02:32 PM
Ariel's Grotto has always been good to us! We love eating there, out on the water.

Peter Pan doesn't matter is it's a kid's ride it's a classic don't miss!

Mint Julep in NOS!!!

Animation Studios in DCA! Such a fun little place and great to get out of the heat.

If you have little ones defitnely Playhouse Disney and my 4 year old love Hemlich train in Bugs Land at DCA( he loves the burping)

Also, if you have little ones, build a bear in DTD is fun!

disNeytEen
07-04-2003, 01:25 PM
Thanks everyone for the tips! can't wait to go first trip