PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here good with the hours?

Mike
08-21-2001, 08:52 AM
I'm considering being at DL during Dec 17, 18, and returning the 19. I'm trying to figure out the park's hours for that period but some sites don't look that far ahead and the ones that do (aka disneyland.com) have theirselves listed as "upgrading their systems" 24/7 for the past week.

I could care less about DCA at the minute so I don't need any information on potential early closings there.

Napsto
08-21-2001, 11:46 AM
i guess you could say no one really knows.

mad4mky
08-21-2001, 12:12 PM
We want to go the first week of December....still no times posted on the Disneyland.com...
Frustrating.:(

downingfamily1
08-21-2001, 12:50 PM
I called the Disneyland information line last week and they said that they do schedules about three months ahead. They should know about December's hours and entertainment in October.

Napsto
08-21-2001, 02:54 PM
thats not good for people planning long distance trips.

mad4mky
08-21-2001, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Napsto
thats not good for people planning long distance trips.

I agree.

Ralph Wiggum
08-21-2001, 03:12 PM
THAT's CORRECT!! Circle gets the square!!!

Mike
08-21-2001, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Ralph Wiggum
THAT's CORRECT!! Circle gets the square!!!

I'll take Tom Morrow to block!

Seriously though, that's no good. 1999's Birmbaum Guide leaves me with the disturbing information, that supposedly the park would be closing at 6PM :eek:

According to this (dated) book, if I changed the dates to the 21st through the 23rd, the park would stay open to Midnight most if not all days. That's nice, and it's STILL right before Christmas, which is when the park is most dead if it ever is, but it spans over a weekend, which has me afraid that I'm going to have to deal with massive crowds as every local in town floods the place*

Arrrgh.

*My predictions may be a little off as I can't remember being to DL over a weekend, but there you go....

RideMax Mark
08-21-2001, 05:35 PM
Last year on December 17th and 18th (Sun-Mon), the park's hours were 8AM to Midnight, and it stayed that way until Christmas (with the exception of the 24th, when it closed at 8PM).

Hope that helps!

Mark

Disneyland - RideMax Software - Spend Less Time in Line! (http://www.ridemax.com)

Morrigoon
08-21-2001, 07:31 PM
If they do the Xmas Believe! again, the park WILL be flooded w/locals on the weekend. Word of mouth is very powerful, and the snow is extremely popular. HOWEVER... I would add a note of caution, you never know what the suits will cut back next, and going on a weekend gives you your best chance at having all the entertainment availible to you.

The slowest time to visit DL is a rainy tuesday or wednesday in late January to early February. It's after the holidays and before spring break/easter. But there's vastly shorter hours (think 6pm closures, 4pm if it's pouring out) and a good chance that your favorite attraction will be in rehab.

Deal with the crowds, go on a weekend in December.
:)

Mike
08-22-2001, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
If they do the Xmas Believe! again, the park WILL be flooded w/locals on the weekend. Word of mouth is very powerful, and the snow is extremely popular.

That's kind of what I figured.

HOWEVER... I would add a note of caution, you never know what the suits will cut back next, and going on a weekend gives you your best chance at having all the entertainment availible to you.

That's a thought, but I'd be floored if they didn't have either Believe or Fantasmic running one of those two nights.

And shows, well, they're nice, but usually because they clear out queues. I imagine we'll see either F! or Holiday Believe whatever they run, but seeing as I'm taking someone who's never been there before, I suspect the rides will see priority over the parades.

The slowest time to visit DL is a rainy tuesday or wednesday in late January to early February. It's after the holidays and before spring break/easter. But there's vastly shorter hours (think 6pm closures, 4pm if it's pouring out) and a good chance that your favorite attraction will be in rehab.

Right. However my companion is a nightowl and an insomniac. It will be hard enough going to bed after the park has closed at midnight, much less walking around the hotel frm 4PM to god-knows-when. ;)

Deal with the crowds, go on a weekend in December.
:)

Hmm.... Maybe.