PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know where to get sugar free ice cream in the parks?

keschy
07-01-2003, 04:45 PM
I have looked at Gibson and I haven't seen it. Anyone know of anyplace else that sells it? Thanks!

HBTiggerFan
07-01-2003, 06:03 PM
I think all the ice cream is the same all over the park.

There is a Hagen Daz in DTD, they may have it.

If you are looking for sugar free because you are on a diet, be warned that ice cream is insanely high in carbs.

If you are looking for sugar free ice cream because of diabetes be careful because there are natural sugars in it.

Cadaverous Pallor
07-01-2003, 06:54 PM
Don't they have frozen yogurt at Gibson's? Like HBTF said, I don't know if this suits your needs or not...

If you have a medical necessity for zero sugar, I would call guest services. They may have a list of non-sugar snacks in the park. At least, I would hope they do.

mrfantasmic
07-01-2003, 08:50 PM
You can find reduced fat... maybe off in toontown... Dolewhips are good!

awinner
07-01-2003, 09:33 PM
i have asked,,,they do not have any sugar free ice cream,,,a bummer for diabetics

jerjer2005
07-01-2003, 11:01 PM
I thought disney had alternitives for diabetics??? I thought sugar free ice cream would just be a given option... i guess not :(

Cadaverous Pallor
07-02-2003, 07:39 PM
Ok, my curiousity is piqued - what does sugar free ice cream taste like? Is it flavored with saccharine or aspertame or what? I've never been brave enough to try such a product. Is it widely available in supermarkets?

HBTiggerFan
07-02-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Ok, my curiousity is piqued - what does sugar free ice cream taste like? Is it flavored with saccharine or aspertame or what? I've never been brave enough to try such a product. Is it widely available in supermarkets?

It has aspertame or nutra sweet in it. If you like the taste of those then you *may* like the taste of it. However it is still full of fat and carbs. Personally I go for the "normal stuff".

keschy
07-02-2003, 09:56 PM
I usually get dreyers "no sugar added" ice cream at the grocery store and it tastes great. my nutritionist doesn't like me to have straight white sugar so I get sugar free things. There aren't many sugar free desserts at DL! There are a few chocolates which are ok, though.

Morrigoon
07-02-2003, 11:09 PM
There are like, 4, candies at the Candy Palace which are sugar free, or were last time I checked.